First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good other than where it’s stored. If at all possible, I’d place it in a spot that I could quickly reach from the driver’s seat either before I exit or just after I exit the vehicle.
This. If stuck in a burning truck I want to be able to reach the fire extinguisher from the drivers seat. My uncle who raced cars in his youth had a classic split window vette (64?) with a fire extinguisher screwed to the middle of the dashboard for this reason.

I have purchased an Amerex Halotron 2.5# extinguisher for my Bronco, now I need to find a mount I like. I was thinking about the bracketeer, the Desert Does It aluminum mount, or possibly using the molle panel on the back of the passenger seat since I can reach it from the drivers seat and seldom have rear passengers (considering removing rear seats).

I forget who makes it, but that solid molle attchment system for the driver-side center console would be a good spot.
I don’t want it on the side of the center console, but I was looking at this:

https://desertdoesit.com/collection...t-multi-mount-panel-2021-2022-ford-bronco-mmp
Sponsored

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like you have to get a lot closer to the flame and wind is not friendly.

Element seems like a good purchase for the kitchen/house.
Wow... Not in the least impressed. Lol.
Wtf was that!? Fire was almost out on its own befor he even started.
I'll stick with a traditional extinguisher

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow... Not in the least impressed. Lol.
Wtf was that!? Fire was almost out on its own befor he even started.
I'll stick with a traditional extinguisher
I’m not defending the Element unit, nor endorsing it, but having watched the video it looks like it would work better in a place protected from the wind. Within an enclosed engine compartment, inside the cabin of a vehicle, inside a compartment on a boat, etc. It seems like something you could chuck into the bilge of a boat and let it fill an area with its gas to suppress a fire.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Element is also not rated or approved by UL, USCG, DOT, FM, or any other approving body.
That is a lie. UL doesn't rate them because they don't know how to. DOT is a joke.

I have had several "fire professionals" say this, are you being fed this from traditional fire extinguishers salesmen?

Element is TUV approved along with CE Europe.

Originating in Italy, Element has been certified by CE Europe, TUV, and the RINA maritime authority. Institutionally it has been tested and certified for use by multiple international military and police groups who have adopted it for active use.

In North America, Underwriters Laboratories (UL) controls the certification of portable fire extinguishers. UL does their testing to a standard that includes a form (physical shape) component as well as a performance component. Because Element's form does not meet UL's definition of what a fire extinguisher looks like (i.e. compressed gas cylinder with a hose and measurement gauge) it is passed over for performance testing.

In fixed extinguishing installations, the effectiveness of Element’s aerosol fire suppression technology has already been recognized & approved by UL for several decades as part of the UL2775 certification protocol. UL is now being campaigned to update its portable fire extinguisher standard in order to recognize Element’s innovative design and allow it an opportunity to be tested and certified.

Until the standards are formally updated Element cannot be used to substitute extinguishers in regulated environments that require a UL (or UL endorsed) certification. In these settings Element can however be used as a supplement to the mandatory devices.

In non-regulated environments (car, home, personal garage,etc.) Element can be used exclusively and without restriction.
https://elementfire.com/pages/faq

Sponsored

zilstershiner

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler, 2007 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is a lie. UL doesn't rate them because they don't know how to. DOT is a joke.

I have had several "fire professionals" say this, are you being fed this from traditional fire extinguishers salesmen?

Element is TUV approved along with CE Europe.

https://elementfire.com/pages/faq
Thank you for correcting me. I should have said that it has not been certified by any approving bodies in the US.

I’m not opposed to the Element extinguisher in principle or because I have a vested interest in traditional fire extinguishers. I came to this thread thinking the Element looked really interesting and that it had a lot of potential. Then I watched videos of it in action and was extremely disappointed.

The reason I care is because my profession is life safety, and fire extinguishers are a life safety product. If my life or property were on the line and I had to choose between an Element or a traditional extinguisher, I would choose the traditional extinguisher every time, in every situation.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not opposed to the Element extinguisher in principle or because I have a vested interest in traditional fire extinguishers. I came to this thread thinking the Element looked really interesting and that it had a lot of potential. Then I watched videos of it in action and was extremely disappointed.

The reason I care is because my profession is life safety, and fire extinguishers are a life safety product. If my life or property were on the line and I had to choose between an Element or a traditional extinguisher, I would choose the traditional extinguisher every time, in every situation.
I've got the element up close as it's small size makes it easy to keep that close. I'm thinking I'll probably add a traditional to the rear storage eventually as well.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hmm, I was all set to get the Element, but the performance in that video is just laughable, I'd rather not step that close to something burning hot and fast. Add some wind and I guess you'll have to throw that thing into the flames. I saw other videos last year that made it look much better, but I think I'll stick to the old and trusted version. Might be nice to add an element since they are so small, but a bit spendy for that. Especially considering that I've never had to use a fire extinguisher in my life, so suddenly having two seems a bit paranoid. Not really concerned about the truck catching fire, but maybe the cat touching some dry grass and setting that on fire. I'd not want to open the hood of a burning engine anyway, doesn't seem like a good idea unless one needs a quick hot shave?

More research needs to be done before I buy something.

For mounting, I'll hang it on the roll bar in the back, covering that stupid bottle opener, so nobody can ever feel tempted to scratch up my truck for a beer, LOL

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for correcting me. I should have said that it has not been certified by any approving bodies in the US.

I hope you don’t chose your other equipment strictly on YouTube videos.

Every tool has advantages and disadvantages. Knowing what the limitations are will make the tool more effective.

So if you’re using a traditional fire extinguisher or something like the Element be sure to educate yourself so that in case you have to use either one you know how it will work most effectively.

zilstershiner

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler, 2007 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope you don’t chose your other equipment strictly on YouTube videos.

Every tool has advantages and disadvantages. Knowing what the limitations are will make the tool more effective.

So if you’re using a traditional fire extinguisher or something like the Element be sure to educate yourself so that in case you have to use either one you know how it will work most effectively.
I’m not sure where you get the idea that I am uneducated? I’m licensed in portable fire extinguisher inspection and service, and lead live fire demonstrations and training. I am very very well acquainted with the advantages and limitations of portable fire extinguishers.

It’s true that all I know about the Element extinguishers is from videos. I’ve never had the opportunity to use one myself. But my opinion is based off of their own marketing material! In Element’s own videos, their extinguishers are less effective than an ABC dry chemical extinguisher would be in the same situation. They are more expensive and disposable to boot.

Based on what I’ve seen, I recommend a traditional extinguisher over an Element extinguisher, but if you or anyone else wants to buy one, go for it! It’s size and clean agent properties are definitely an advantage. It’s definitely better than not having an extinguisher, and it’s awesome that people are thinking about fire safety. But please don’t rely on it (or any portable extinguisher for that matter) to save you or your vehicle in an emergency situation.

Ftchmup

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 20 F-250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco Practical Fire Extinguisher Placement 38BBF97B-F084-46D8-AE57-EF41D6630F46
Ford Bronco Practical Fire Extinguisher Placement A149368E-009F-499A-8DF0-EFD55BE16D83

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m not sure where you get the idea that I am uneducated? I’m licensed in portable fire extinguisher inspection and service, and lead live fire demonstrations and training. I am very very well acquainted with the advantages and limitations of portable fire extinguishers.

It’s true that all I know about the Element extinguishers is from videos. I’ve never had the opportunity to use one myself. But my opinion is based off of their own marketing material! In Element’s own videos, their extinguishers are less effective than an ABC dry chemical extinguisher would be in the same situation. They are more expensive and disposable to boot.

Based on what I’ve seen, I recommend a traditional extinguisher over an Element extinguisher, but if you or anyone else wants to buy one, go for it! It’s size and clean agent properties are definitely an advantage. It’s definitely better than not having an extinguisher, and it’s awesome that people are thinking about fire safety. But please don’t rely on it (or any portable extinguisher for that matter) to save you or your vehicle in an emergency situation.
Will have to agree with this. If your vehicle is actually up in flames, you aren't putting it out with this unless you throw a few of them inside the cabin and get exceedingly lucky.

Fire spreads in any direction which has fuel for it, slowly walking up to a raging inferno with your magic 6" (I know, we tell the girls it's 14", they have no clue about distances!) of fire suppression won't do squat when you can't get within 5' of the flames.

Now, that's not to say it's worthless. It would be excellent for a small engine fire that only has a small amount of fuel or oil to burn and you catch it quickly. This could put that out just fine (unless you mounted the Element extinguisher in the cargo area...... :unsure: )

Will I get one? Probably, but only 1 and only for my garage where I work on my classic cars. If something goes up properly, i'll use an actual extinguisher. If I just have something that cant be put out by pouring the can of beer that's likely nearby, then this might get the call.

Relying upon this magic 6" fire suppression stick is unwise, however.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The old axiom with traditional fire extinguishers is they can only put out a flames equal in height to the size of the extinguisher. Probably an oversimplification, but the point being you aren't going to do much with either once it is involved.
Sponsored