First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve read all the posts on possible locations for the MXT575 but would like to hear from those that installed it under the center counsel. Any tip or suggestions? Photos would be great also. Thank you!
Sponsored

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the 275 behind the panel by your left leg. To me that's way better there then the Glovebox or Center Console. Why waste that space? I always try to use dead space for things.

Not sure if the 575 would fit there though. But anyone doing the 275 should mount it there and save the Glovebox and Center Console for other things.

xim

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have mine under the steering column

Sponsored

ArizonaGreg

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands SAS, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed mine UNDER the center console as shown in this great video:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...h-super-clean-gmrs-radio-install-contd.43847/
...therefore it takes up no room anywhere in the car. Wired its power input to AUX 6 switch. I used a round CAT6 jack (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09WM63PGR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1) as it was easier to drill a round hole rather than cut a square hole.
Installed the antenna next to the driver's side mirror using an M2M mounting bracket (https://mountains2metal.com/BR6LAPAM/). The bracket is expensive but using it resulted in a clean install.
Ford Bronco MXT575 Under Center Counsel Install? Straightened antenna photo

Ford Bronco MXT575 Under Center Counsel Install? 20230724_203404619_iOS

Last edited:

JayJay

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been reading different threads about mounting the MXT575 and from what I have found, it will not fit under the center console Like the the MXT275 does. Like @SwampCactus mentioned above, I ended up mounting my 575 on the backside of the fuse box as not to waste usable storage space like the glove box.

Ford Bronco MXT575 Under Center Counsel Install? IMG_9866

I also ran a RJ45 extension cable over to the panel below the temp controls in order to plug in the hand mic.

Ford Bronco MXT575 Under Center Counsel Install? IMG_9871

OP
OP

Lordsandy

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been reading different threads about mounting the MXT575 and from what I have found, it will not fit under the center console Like the the MXT275 does. Like @SwampCactus mentioned above, I ended up mounting my 575 on the backside of the fuse box as not to waste usable storage space like the glove box.

I also ran a RJ45 extension cable over to the panel below the temp controls in order to plug in the hand mic.

Do you have any other photos of this install?
Thanks!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have any experience with a center console install, but I followed this glove box install for my 575 and it went very smooth. Wired it to outfitter switch #6 and used a pro clip mount for the mic. Install was very straightforward and the end result I was very happy with.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...metal-bracket-and-67-designs-mic-mount.70922/
I also used the Mountains2metal bracket. Worked awesome and don't impact the glove box at all.

I went with a round ethernet plug which made drilling a hole a wee easier than trying to cut a square hole.

Side note: If you use the Midlands radios wired directly to the battery (which mine currently is) if you leave it powered on and unplug the handheld it DOES NOT turn off the radio. I'm going to probably go to an upfitter switch soon.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Lordsandy

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those that want to go this route I did install my MXT575 under the center counsel without any problems.

OP
OP

Lordsandy

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I used this photo someone posted as I guide.

Ford Bronco MXT575 Under Center Counsel Install? IMG_0010
Sponsored