First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Avaitor,1969 Bronco,1968 GT 350, 2018 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 17 year old daughter was broad sided by a Pathfinder going 50 mph. She walked away with a small scrape on her arm. It’s amazing how much damage the impact caused and for her to not be harmed. The Bronco is a total loss.

Ford Bronco My Bronco T-boned broadsided by a Pathfinder at 50 mph. Walked away with small scrape on arm IMG_9606
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad she walked away! That looks frightening!

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, glad she is ok. I can't imagine the force of the impact she felt.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am shocked! I expected it to be folded in half. Yeah, how terrifying do her. Glad she's OK. Now for trauma therapy.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm really glad she's ok. It was a beautiful rig. I'm sorry. But a Pathfinder?! That just adds insult to injury.

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As much as we've been told about the crash ratings on these things being poor, it did its job protecting the occupants. Glad your daughter is okay.

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry that happened, glad all safe. Are you going to part it out? Or sell to savage?

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad she is ok!

Sponsored

adamargyle

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco, 2022 Honda CR-V Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As much as we've been told about the crash ratings on these things being poor, it did its job protecting the occupants. Glad your daughter is okay.
I looked at the IIHS crash testing before purchase and it was “good” in everything except the headlights and drivers footwell. Which were both “marginal”. It scored significantly better than the wrangler (which rolled in 2 of the current IIHS tests I think it was). Which crash tests did you see were poor?

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I looked at the IIHS crash testing before purchase and it was “good” in everything except the headlights and drivers footwell. Which were both “marginal”. It scored significantly better than the wrangler (which rolled in 2 of the current IIHS tests I think it was). Which crash tests did you see were poor?
Oh, nothing specific. Just word of mouth - headlines here and there. But...I guess that can happen with secondhand information.

WildtrakBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco My Bronco T-boned broadsided by a Pathfinder at 50 mph. Walked away with small scrape on arm IMG_9606

My 17 year old daughter was broad sided by a Pathfinder going 50 mph. She walked away with a small scrape on her arm. It’s amazing how much damage the impact caused and for her to not be harmed. The Bronco is a total loss.
That's a nasty impact for any vehicle. I'm glad that she got out with just a scrape. I hope she doesn't have any lasting effects from this.

I'm really glad she's ok. It was a beautiful rig. I'm sorry. But a Pathfinder?! That just adds insult to injury.
I don't understand...would a Land Rover not have been insulting? Maybe there is an inside joke here and I'm standing on the outside.

No poor ratings; at least on the 2022 report.

https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/ford/bronco-4-door-suv/2022

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's a nasty impact for any vehicle. I'm glad that she got out with just a scrape. I hope she doesn't have any lasting effects from this.

I don't understand...would a Land Rover not have been insulting? Maybe there is an inside joke here and I'm standing on the outside.

No poor ratings; at least on the 2022 report.

https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/ford/bronco-4-door-suv/2022

Yeah, on researching this a bit more, there is nothing official that says it's bad. I seemed to recall something about the rear collision test, so I searched that specifically. What I found is that somebody created a video using a computer vehicle simulation of rear collisions for several vehicles, in which a Bronco was absolutely crushed. Someone dug into that further and found the game/simulation programmer says it's not an accurate representation of the vehicles in question. So basically, that impression - that a lot of people have, apparently, given how many acquaintances have mentioned it to me - is based on a viral video that was full of inaccuracy.

Yet another memetic lie from the Internet.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, nothing specific. Just word of mouth - headlines here and there. But...I guess that can happen with secondhand information.
If I had to guess, it was probably that one clip from that video game/simulator that showed the bronco getting crushed by the semi truck. That clip was everywhere and I had a lot of people asking if I saw it, so I guess it was pretty convincing

Edit: just saw your comment above that basically says the same thing
Sponsored