Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would you get a break? It is not the fault of everyone who is waiting.
Sponsored

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If your experience is anything like mine was, the body parts/work will go quickly. Getting replacement airbags and having a service department understand how to deal with all the sensors and computer stuff - will be more of a challenge and take a while.

This was $14K and 3.5 months of waiting:

Ford Bronco T-Boned this morning. Sigh...... IMG_2219

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad you're good, and sorry about the Bronco. and not to be an ambulance chaser, lol, but I'd buy those fender flares off you if it gets parted out.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This sucks. Sorry to read this. Just an idea for you is if indeed your insurance is willing to total it, it's not such a bad thing. Keep the top and buy a used soft top. Will be faster than waiting for parts. More inventory out there on lots than before.

Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP, that sucks. I hope you are able to get back on the road one way or another and just glad you are safe.

Weā€™ll see if the insurance companies hold you blameless.
It's not really about the insurance companies thoughts, but the legality. I get that may mean extra steps to enforce your rights, though.

I was T-Boned years ago by someone that ran a red light going 60 mph from the right hand road while I was going straight through an intersection with a green light. The other driver's insurance refused to pay, because their driver told them that I ran the light. My adjuster and I thought it was crazy, because the police report was clear in indicating 3 witnesses who stated I had right of way (even had their contact info). Thank goodness those 3 people made statements and were willing to give contact info to the PD, because I had to get additional statements from them when I sued the other driver (my insurance found me not at fault, but there were medical expenses that exceeded my coverage and I lost my deductible since other insurance refused to pay).
During that process, the other driver's attorney asked if I had checked the cross traffic to see if it was safe to proceed through the intersection. I asked if the question was relevant and whether that negated the other driver's legal liability in running a red light at high speed. The mediator seemed entertained by the question and the attorney backtracked a bit. (I was impressed with the balls it took to ask me how I could have been more proactive in preventing his clients jacka$$ery). Could I have stopped right at the entrance to the intersection to double check? Sure. Could I have caused an accident by driving unpredictably by stopping at a green light...possibly. Would I have been liable for my actions...likely.
In the end, other driver's insurance had to pay...more than if they had just paid for my car and my hospital/EMS bill that I originally asked and it was a giant waste of time for everyone involved. What blew everyone's mind (especially mine) in the process is that the other driver's insurance had never bothered to look at the police report (even when I sent to them) or contact the witnesses until it was time to go to court.
The summary is that the insurance companies can assign blame however they want, but OP can exercise his right to take legal action regardless. Also, if you live in a busy town get a dash cam.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Was turning left on green this morning when the other guy blew his red at XX mph.

Airbags deployed, those things are not gentle.

Don't think this will buff out.

Update: Went to the tow yard to clean it out and it doesn't look too bad. The tube step is still straight and nothing underneath appears damaged (in my 30 second inspection). Both Quarte panels are damaged as are both doors. Both doors opened and closed (and latched with minimal effort). He must have braked hard at the last second, cause no way he was going what I said above with that little damage.

Hopefully just sheetmetal and paint *fingers crossed*

Ford Bronco T-Boned this morning. Sigh...... 1690547566804
I am so sorry to read this about your Bronco. Glad, tho, that you are ok. That's a beautiful Bronco.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn. I'm not sure if it's still the case, but it used to be that if the airbags deployed, the car was totaled. Sorry, man.
Air bags being replaced are like 2-5k. So if all the damage plus that is more than the value, then yes to being totaled. If not, then nope. It is just such a high cost - that is why some vehicles might get 'totaled' just for having them deploy.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Was turning left on green this morning when the other guy blew his red at XX mph.

Airbags deployed, those things are not gentle.

Don't think this will buff out.

Update: Went to the tow yard to clean it out and it doesn't look too bad. The tube step is still straight and nothing underneath appears damaged (in my 30 second inspection). Both Quarte panels are damaged as are both doors. Both doors opened and closed (and latched with minimal effort). He must have braked hard at the last second, cause no way he was going what I said above with that little damage.

Hopefully just sheetmetal and paint *fingers crossed*

Ford Bronco T-Boned this morning. Sigh...... 1690547566804
It's tough keeping things nice with so many idiots around!!!!

I feel your pain.... such a. Nice color to!

Good luck, stay safe...

BeachBronco21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is so upsetting but I'm glad you're okay. It's a shame how many people are awful at driving.

Sponsored

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Huge, bummer! I hope it gets fixed quickly. I know you're ATL local so I expect to see you out there after this gets repaired.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's also possible not to make your left turn when someone is barreling toward you at 50 mph.

I don't want to sound like I'm victim-blaming here, and I'm sorry it happened, but from the sounds of it this accident was 100% preventable by the OP...
I ride a motorcycle most days and understand what you are saying. I just figure everyone is an asshole and is out to kill me.

Unless you have a solid green arrow, you are at fault. Even then many times on a motorcycle rights isnā€™t worth it.

I plan for one meth head per intersection.

Last edited:

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ride a motorcycle most days and understand what you are saying. I just figure everyone is an asshole and is out to kill me.

Unless you have a solid green arrow, you are at fault. Even then many times on a motorcycle rights isnā€™t worth it.

I plan for one meth head per intersection.
Exactly. Maybe that's where my attitude comes from, too. Doesn't matter if I had the "right of way" if I'm dead. I drive the same way I ride...

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's also possible not to make your left turn when someone is barreling toward you at 50 mph.

I don't want to sound like I'm victim-blaming here, and I'm sorry it happened, but from the sounds of it this accident was 100% preventable by the OP...
So inappropriate of a comment man; shows a lot about who you are.

We canā€™t always predict how stupid drivers will be when almost everyone around you is a terrible driver.

He was excited to get his Bronco, and a bunch of us down here in Georgia were excited to run trails with him. Thankfully he had a chance to do just that last weekend with some of the cool guys here on Bronco6G.

Since we canā€™t all just take these matters into our own hands, being in a civil society and all, sometimes venting the frustration to folks who understand and are sympathetic is about the only way to process it; your comment didnā€™t help at all.

Karma can be cruel, so good luck.

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vehicles can be replaced, eventually. People aren't so easily replaced. Glad your ok.
That's not true. In 2022, some 85 million motor vehicles were produced worldwide.
There were 133.99 million people produced in 2022.
Sponsored