Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was turning left on green this morning when the other guy blew his red at XX mph.

Airbags deployed, those things are not gentle.

Don't think this will buff out.

Update: Went to the tow yard to clean it out and it doesn't look too bad. The tube step is still straight and nothing underneath appears damaged (in my 30 second inspection). Both Quarte panels are damaged as are both doors. Both doors opened and closed (and latched with minimal effort). He must have braked hard at the last second, cause no way he was going what I said above with that little damage.

Hopefully just sheetmetal and paint *fingers crossed*

Update 2: 48 hours later and I'm barely sore, so there is the real blessing. My Insurance estimates the damage at $16.5K, so all in all not too bad.

Ford Bronco T-Boned this morning. Sigh...... 20230727_064216
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
cashe3

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, didn't get that question answered. Dude was limited on English and I am limited on Spanish.

Asked the cop and he said he didn't know.

Honestly I was not thinking fully and didn't push that question.

It was a busy intersection so they were working to move it quickly. Have a case number, but a couple hours later at the house I am thinking of a dozen things I should have done, but didn't.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, didn't get that question answered. Dude was limited on English and I am limited on Spanish.

Asked the cop and he said he didn't know.

Honestly I was not thinking fully and didn't push that question.

It was a busy intersection so they were working to move it quickly. Have a case number, but a couple hours later at the house I am thinking of a dozen things I should have done, but didn't.
It's tough in those situations. The damage seems rather high up, can't tell if your side step was hit/bent. Maybe the guy was driving an SUV/pickup? Also odd the rear tire is flat, maybe it got shifted and broke the rim seal on body impact.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sad to see, glad you are ok.
Many times these things don't end well for either person.
And I am quite surprised that's the level of damage for a 50mph T-bone.
If so, great testimony to the design.

I lost my new 04 Lariat S.crew in 05 because I was driving at about 50 and a Cavalier turned into me from a turn lane. hit me in the driver front wheel area and disintegrated the whole front suspension, caved in the door, bent the frame and broke motor mounts. I was quite sad to see it go away, and extremely surprised that a Cavalier travelling at 5mph relative to my forward speed would K.O. a full sized truck.

Hope it all works out positively for you in the end, glad you are here to post about it.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was turning left on green this morning when the other guy blew his red at 50 mph.

Airbags deployed, those things are not gentle.

Don't think this will buff out.

Ford Bronco T-Boned this morning. Sigh...... 20230727_064216
Oh no man this is awful. Hopefully no injuries. Crazy how quickly this crap can happen.

Hopefully this is repairable or you can get back in one quickly if not.

Sponsored

X JBM X

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I lost my first bronco after 6 months due to a 20 yr old girl missing a highway exit. She hit me driver's side right behind the front tire, sent me across the highway and into the jersey barrier in the center median. wife and 18 month old daughter were in the car.

it was scary, but the bronco kept us safe (with some minor airbag burns and bruises... baby was fine) but it was totaled, and then replaced.

Bronco Damage 2.jpg

Bronco Damage.jpg

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man, I am so sorry to see this. And to think we were just hitting the trails together last weekend. At least you have that.😔

jcdrico

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry to see especialy since i have the exact same Bronco. Glad all ok. I would push insurance to total it since it will hurt your resell value and with demand so high and so many constraints on parts it will be a long time waiting on parts.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Damn. I'm not sure if it's still the case, but it used to be that if the airbags deployed, the car was totaled. Sorry, man.
Not anymore. Year and a half ago I rolled my Colorado ZR2 onto its roof and insurance fixed it.
Sponsored