First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So inappropriate of a comment man; shows a lot about who you are.

We can’t always predict how stupid drivers will be when almost everyone around you is a terrible driver.

He was excited to get his Bronco, and a bunch of us down here in Georgia were excited to run trails with him. Thankfully he had a chance to do just that last weekend with some of the cool guys here on Bronco6G.

Since we can’t all just take these matters into our own hands, being in a civil society and all, sometimes venting the frustration to folks who understand and are sympathetic is about the only way to process it; your comment didn’t help at all.

Karma can be cruel, so good luck.
Cheers. 👋
Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@cashe3, thanks for updating Post #1 with your updates. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise you were hit by another high-profile vehicle, and it didn't hit any higher or lower on your truck than it did. No hit is good, but looks like you may have avoided something worse.

felgercarb

Wildtrak
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-350 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And this is another reason why I won't take my doors off for in-town driving! I'm astounded by the number of doorless urban Jeeps I see. Have seen only one Bronco in that condition.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Was turning left on green this morning when the other guy blew his red at XX mph.

Airbags deployed, those things are not gentle.

Don't think this will buff out.

Update: Went to the tow yard to clean it out and it doesn't look too bad. The tube step is still straight and nothing underneath appears damaged (in my 30 second inspection). Both Quarte panels are damaged as are both doors. Both doors opened and closed (and latched with minimal effort). He must have braked hard at the last second, cause no way he was going what I said above with that little damage.

Hopefully just sheetmetal and paint *fingers crossed*

Update 2: 48 hours later and I'm barely sore, so there is the real blessing. My Insurance estimates the damage at $16.5K, so all in all not too bad.

20230727_064216.jpg
Glad you are ok. 🙏🏻

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly for getting broadsided the Bronco held up amazingly well. The second amazing thing is the $16k estimate. My fender bender T-Bone was $3k and there was no body damage, just a wheel/tire and touchup to the Rockslide step slider.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was turning left on green this morning when the other guy blew his red at XX mph.

Airbags deployed, those things are not gentle.

Don't think this will buff out.

Update: Went to the tow yard to clean it out and it doesn't look too bad. The tube step is still straight and nothing underneath appears damaged (in my 30 second inspection). Both Quarte panels are damaged as are both doors. Both doors opened and closed (and latched with minimal effort). He must have braked hard at the last second, cause no way he was going what I said above with that little damage.

Hopefully just sheetmetal and paint *fingers crossed*

Update 2: 48 hours later and I'm barely sore, so there is the real blessing. My Insurance estimates the damage at $16.5K, so all in all not too bad.

Ford Bronco T-Boned this morning. Sigh...... Unknown
Glad youre o.k. that's most important. That hurts to see. Make sure to press for loss of value.

OP
OP
cashe3

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

7 weeks plus a day later and it's back.

Shout out to Billy Howell Ford collision center. They told me 6-8 weeks and have communicated well throughout the process.

Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

7 weeks plus a day later and it's back.

Shout out to Billy Howell Ford collision center. They told me 6-8 weeks and have communicated well throughout the process.
I feel a N. Ga reunion ride comin'. [EDIT: And maybe even complete with a fried bologna sandwich in Blueridge, hehe.]

Last edited:

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pic of you doing happy dance on passenger side?

OP
OP
cashe3

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

🤣 so had some extra road/wind noise coming home yesterday. I was to tired to investigate, but figured they just didn't secure the MIC top properly (don't ask me how I know what it sounds like).

So took off and reinstalled the top and no improvement. Start looking and they forget the weather striping on the passenger door. 🙄

Had to go back next week to pick up the spare anyway. As it wasn't ready, but I wasn't waiting to get the Bronco just because of the spare.

Last edited:

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry to see that happened to you and your Bronco. Hopefully everything works out and it either gets fixed or replaced. I'm a super defensive driver. Everytime I'm at a light I'm always looking in my rear view to make sure nobody's going to rear end me and when the light changes green I take my time assuming someone is going to run it. I have back problems so I'm hyper alert. Can't imagine being in more pain. So I definitely don't want to get hit.
Sponsored

Last edited: