Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are other dealers that are giving good deals besides Granger. Granger is the best, and Albert is a champ, but Iowa is pretty far from here. I've seen good deals listed in Texas, WV (I think), San Diego, and Oregon, to name a few. I'm getting mine from Damerow in Beaverton, OR. Just search this forum.
Damn nothing on the east coast
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I emailed Granger and asked them about transferring my reservation and if I would lose my place in line. They came right back basically telling me I would not lose my place and they would be happy to take my order. They sounded more than willing to work with me.

I then asked my current dealer here in Utah (LHM Super Ford) if they were going to accept X-Plan. They just came back and told me "most definitely they would be accepting the X-plan..." This was just today. They have already reached out to me a couple times asking if I had any questions. I am still feeling it out on the dealers but never had what you went through. Good discussions with both of them... I think no reason to transfer my reservation right now... just need to see if anything on the B&P changes...
You might want to search on X-plan, Bronco isn't eligible so either dealer is willing to the match the price or he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

gshorn

Wildtrak
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150 platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i'll tell you one thing ive run into I decided to buy a jeep wrangler while I wait for my Bronco and plan to give the jeep to my son when he goes off to college. Many dealers are offering large discounts off MSRP but when you go to transact you find that they have $2k-$3k in required extras you have to agree to with the dealer, vehicle tracking service, tinted windows none of which seems worth the extra money anyway. I ended up taking a deal that was $2000 under MSRP without the adders. troubling is that the most egregious offender happens to also be my ford dealer.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wow how dare they. Can't stand how dealers have so much power

Especially because thats my plan as well
I'm placing most of the blame on Ford for screwing this up. The dealers do have a lot of power here, but his is really Ford's fault. The Wild Track was supposed to come with a black painted hard top from day one then last week Ford made the change. Can't really blame the dealerships.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hahaha. We’re getting to them everyone, keep up the pressure!!

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My local dealer that was assigned my sale has been holding firm on MSRP. Its their choice, I understand but as more options became available I reached out to try and strike a deal before I pulled the reservation. I genuinely wanted to support my local privately owned dealership. I see it like this, all of the people that work there are supporting my business everyday so I wanted to reciprocate. I wanted to lock in my plan and gave it one last try. 2 days went by with not so much as a "I'll get back to you". So I shot them a short email saying I took that non-response as my answer and sorry we could not work something out. Now I get a call back and the guy sets off on a rant with about how MSRP is it and this is a new model and I can't just go to a dealer and buy one of these and all of the offers by dealers nationwide are lies. The tone he took was shocking really. He talked at me for 5 minutes or so and never once asked a single question or allowed me to speak. Wow. In my business I don't speak to customers like that. Do these dealers realize that we don't have to buy from them? Makes me wonder about all of the customers getting screwed that don't know any better.
The world is changing and this Bronco launch is putting dealers on their heads. They were licking their lips in hopes of a 2017 Raptor replay with some charging 30K over MSRP. What they are not yet willing to admit is that customers don't really need them any more. I promise we all could go on-line with a little more advanced Build and Price tool and submit and pay for our orders from home. We could then go to a wonderful dealer like Granger who could prep, deliver and service our new Bronco's.
The battle for sales will not be on dealer lots. It will be based on customer reviews and manufacture reputation. They would also have to be on the cutting edge of building what we really want. A good example would be the new Bronco over the current Blazer. Oh there will be some of course will still go to dealers as change can be hard and sometimes slow. This should be embraced quickly if manufactures like Ford want to stay on top of this new un-stoppable trend.
Oh and yes you did the right thing.
They are just having a hard time coming to terms with the information age.
I will not give up my reservation for anything as I want to be part of all of this!

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I only get emails with financing deals for F150s from my "originally assigned" dealer.
Funny thing Mike, is that I never got any e-mail from my assigned dealer other than the automated e-mail after my reservation.

But now I have an Albert! All good here.:)

Chanman3123

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The more they yowl about not getting their way -- aka, the OLD way of doing things -- the more they reveal their fear of the future. They haven't innovated. They've just been sitting back on their fat a$$e$ waiting for the MSRP dollars to roll in by default, like they think it should always be. They don't like how this new reservation system is turning out for them and now they're flipping.

My reaction to their fear: TOUGH $H!T, YOU LAZY ASSHOLE.
Ford Bronco My dealer just called to chew me out. 1603911308486

Sponsored

Bradyrufenacht

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My local dealer that was assigned my sale has been holding firm on MSRP. Its their choice, I understand but as more options became available I reached out to try and strike a deal before I pulled the reservation. I genuinely wanted to support my local privately owned dealership. I see it like this, all of the people that work there are supporting my business everyday so I wanted to reciprocate. I wanted to lock in my plan and gave it one last try. 2 days went by with not so much as a "I'll get back to you". So I shot them a short email saying I took that non-response as my answer and sorry we could not work something out. Now I get a call back and the guy sets off on a rant with about how MSRP is it and this is a new model and I can't just go to a dealer and buy one of these and all of the offers by dealers nationwide are lies. The tone he took was shocking really. He talked at me for 5 minutes or so and never once asked a single question or allowed me to speak. Wow. In my business I don't speak to customers like that. Do these dealers realize that we don't have to buy from them? Makes me wonder about all of the customers getting screwed that don't know any better.
I ordered a Super Duty from the factory with a NC dealer back in 2004. Truck came in about 6 weeks later and it was beautiful. Green with the 2 tone brown on it. The dealer called me to tell me it was in and I could come get it but he had decided not to honor the price they gave me because it looked so good and they could sell it for more to another buyer. I spoke to the GM and he agreed with the sales rep. When I told him I had our deal in writing, he said he was aware and that I could sue him but I wouldn't because he would drag me through court for years over it. He was right but I have purchased over a dozen Fords since then. They lost out on not only those sales but service as well. Ive been there....

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like he wants another one star review on Google. Why deny the gentleman what he wants so badly?

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a similar experience with my local dealer. The difference is that a couple months ago, they told me Ford is doing X-plan, and they would accept it. When X-plan went away, I asked them to come down off MSRP a little bit, to get a little closer to what I would have gotten from X-plan. They refused. They told me the same lies you were told. Initially, they said that Ford would not let them come down from MSRP. They called the Bronco a "specialty" vehicle. I reminded them (the manage and the internet sales person) that I have been a loyal customer (20* years - 8 vehicles), and that I was only asking for them to reciprocate that loyalty. They refused. The manager actually said that he wasn't going to sell any vehicle to me for less than he would any other customer, which is another lie (they make deals every day). It took me about 15 minutes, but I got him to admit that they were more interested in that extra $1000, than they were in displaying any loyalty to me. At the end of the conversation, he tried to get me to consider another vehicle that he was willing to sell below MSRP. I have walked away from that dealership (Autofar Ford of Manchester, NH), forever.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It must be over a decade now. Yeah, it was 2008. The local Ford Dealer chewed me out in the showroom in front of everyone. This is the dealership that I was auto-assigned to and i quickly changed my dealership as soon as Ford let me.

Let me tell you a story about a man and the internet. We decided to look at the Saturn thing that was new, it was horrible, so we went to buy the Edge I had researched.

I get to the dealer, we get a green salesman and we test drive a mid-range Edge. Cloth seats and what not. I see the MSRP and we go and talk numbers. The salesman goes in, they assess my trade, and we wait. Here is the offer:

Full MSRP, minus Ford Incentives, Half the Value of our trade.

Now, A: I looked up my trade value before leaving the house, and B: The Saturn Dealer offered me that value, $4500. The ford dealer, $2000.

I said to the salesman that was a terrible offer and that the value of the trade was half of what is should be. Also, they have my keys, I can't just leave, which was my first instinct. He goes and gets the manager.

The sales manager proceeds to berate me and my wife like we are children. He stands there, telling us how we won't be able to find a better deal anywhere. When i complain about the trade value, he tells me how much of a POS my trade is. When I tell him I looked up this info on the internet he berates me further.

I am standing and pacing, asking for my keys and trying to get my stunned wife to stand up. The manager is red in the face and I am debating swinging on him or just calling the state police to get my keys back. Finally, he gives me the keys when I tell him that after that conversation, I would never step foot in his dealership again.

I live outside of the Baltimore Metro area. There are a dozen dealerships within an hours drive of my house. We go to the next one. We get a Limited Edge, fully loaded, same colors as the first one we tested, below invoice, $4500 for our trade.

I have stepped foot in my local dealership, but I have not gotten more than an oil change done there. I have bought Five fords since, at two other dealerships. I just don't understand people some times. The dealership is 9 miles from my house, the one I consider my main dealership is 14 miles.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He was sharing the extent of his knowledge on the Bronco.

At least he didn't make something up.
Actually, because those were his last emails to me, we were long past the bullsh!t. In my second email to him, in early August, I asked for any kind of info they might have on pricing. He said, wow, we don't even have VINs yet, be patient, but if you don't like our prices then we have a list of hundreds of people who will be happy to pay us for your Bronco.
Sponsored