Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd call everyday for a week to get my order submitted. If that didn't work, the next week, I'd call twice a day for a week. If that didn't work, I'd call twice a day and maybe swing by during my lunch break to see if there's any movement. It's your reservation, if you want to convert now, it's your prerogative. If they continue to give you the run around, find another dealer.
Your last sentence should have been your first.
The rest of it is WAY WAY WAY too much work to GIVE THEM .... YOUR.... MONEY.

There is no way I'd badger anybody into doing business with me....it will only lead to frustration and a giant let down.
They either want to work with you ....or not.
Sponsored

GOODVBZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape, LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no way I'd badger anybody into doing business with me....it will only lead to frustration and a giant let down.
Sound advice.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your last sentence should have been your first.
The rest of it is WAY WAY WAY too much work to GIVE THEM .... YOUR.... MONEY.

It's not work when you love what you do....I enjoy heckling and annoying people so annoying dealers is a fine pastime.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not work when you love what you do....I enjoy heckling and annoying people so annoying dealers is a fine pastime.
Well, now your talking hobbyist or pro/am level stuff.
TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!
LOL

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I take a "glass half empty" view of the facts you presented, I'd say the dealership might be waiting until the last day before the order window closes (March 19th) and will spring a huge markup on you. It's not like you have an August 15th reservation, and they are just busy with their early folks. You should be at the top of the list, and yet they don't want to enter your order until the last minute?

The power you have right now is that you can shop around and switch your reservation. I'd use it.
I agree with this assessment.

A dealer who's too busy to take your order for a $60K+ vehicle is either the dumbest salesperson on the planet or he's dicking you around (or his name is Brandon, Zach, or Albert and he really is busy and really is going to get to you soon!). For all you know, he could be shopping your reservation around to his best customers, trying to see how much he can get for it. Then, like Jason said, he'll spring a huge markup on you at the last minute and you'll cancel. Of course, he'll offer to take care of the cancellation for you but he won't actually cancel your order. He'll sell it to whatever sucker he's got lined up, and for a big markup. And if they pull out, he'll stick it on his lot, again, for a big markup.

I'd tell him you want a price now and you want to place your order. If you don't like the price, don't place the order, but take these weeks to find a great deal. They're out there. Then get your deposit back and transfer your order.

I expect a lot of dealerships to pull this crap, and I expect to see some dealer stock out there because of it before many of us get our reserved Broncos. There are some good honest dealerships out there if you look hard enough. Unfortunately, there are also a lot of opportunistic jerks who are going to try to cash in on what they see as a gift horse for their business. And a lot of gullible customers who don't know they have choices.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been trying to get my order for a very early time stamped (7/13 750pm pst) first edition in since the 19th but keep getting a run around....they would not do it for me the 19 but said they would call me later in march to finalize the order....is that not absurd? he did take 400 bucks from me I think to try to lock me in.. but he wont input my order yet i guess... should I be worried because i am at this point....Is any one else having the same experience?? I don't want to bug the dealership to death if this is just the process. But i also have a busy few months so I'm trying to get it done sooner than later....should i call ford yet... guy at dealership said he would call me Monday and that "it was taken care of" but he did not call, i see my ford says same thing.......any input would be appreciated. many thanks.....
I just ordered Saturday.
Took an hour or 1.5hr.
Went in, sat down, discussed it very briefly. He started entering it and was explaining that it some times takes an hour or two to fully enter as an order in Fords system.
Finished , started on some paperwork to sign off on regarding the build and the total price "out the door" as they say.... sales tax, title work, misc fees and as we were both signing, the computer updated and showed my order as "OFFICIALLY ENTERED" in Ford's system.
We printed and signed that final document and we're done!
Put an additional $400 down for a total of $500 now.

You're being jerked around.
I'd bet they want to ADM the hell out of you....waiting until March when it's too late to cancel or switch.

RJ9701

First Edition
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just ordered Saturday.
Took an hour or 1.5hr.
Went in, sat down, discussed it very briefly. He started entering it and was explaining that it some times takes an hour or two to fully enter as an order in Fords system.
Finished , started on some paperwork to sign off on regarding the build and the total price "out the door" as they say.... sales tax, title work, misc fees and as we were both signing, the computer updated and showed my order as "OFFICIALLY ENTERED" in Ford's system.
We printed and signed that final document and we're done!
Put an additional $400 down for a total of $500 now.

You're being jerked around.
I'd bet they want to ADM the hell out of you....waiting until March when it's too late to cancel or switch.
My dealer went radio silent when I sent my FE build in. Then last week said the order banks aren’t open for the FE yet. Feeling they’re trying to pull some last minute bs along these lines as well.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer went radio silent when I sent my FE build in. Then last week said the order banks aren’t open for the FE yet. Feeling they’re trying to pull some last minute bs along these lines as well.
Welcome to the forum! :cool:

Reactions: sjp

Built Wild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape Limited, 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is your build if I may ask?
4-Door Black Diamond, Carbonized Gray, 2.3L Auto, MIC Hardtop, Mid Package and Tow

Tom at Chapman of Horsham is offering 3% under invoice -OR- Invoice plus free shipping to your door* on all transfers and new reservations converted before March 19th.

No additional dealer add-ons. Only add your tax/tags & PA Doc($394)

Only $100 deposit required

DM @DealerInsider for more info!

*Excludes AK/HI (continental USA only)

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your former dealer, correct?

This is the type of nightmare shit that gives dealers a bad name.
You KNOW they are outright, Bold face, lying to you. Why would you continue to wrk with them?
It's about mutual respect and they are giving you the opposite.
Blatant disrespect.
Wow.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your former dealer, correct?

This is the type of nightmare shit that gives dealers a bad name.
You KNOW they are outright, Bold face, lying to you. Why would you continue to wrk with them?
It's about mutual respect and they are giving you the opposite.
Blatant disrespect.
Wow.
Wasn’t there actually was an issue with FE orders not being able to be entered initially?

Not saying the dealer is a saint... just that it might not be was malicious as it appears..

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wasn’t there actually was an issue with FE orders not being able to be entered initially?

Not saying the dealer is a saint... just that it might not be was malicious as it appears..
A possibility, but I wouldn't wait until March 19 to find out. Hasn't anyone placed an FE order yet?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been trying to get my order for a very early time stamped (7/13 750pm pst) first edition in since the 19th but keep getting a run around....they would not do it for me the 19 but said they would call me later in march to finalize the order....is that not absurd? he did take 400 bucks from me I think to try to lock me in.. but he wont input my order yet i guess... should I be worried because i am at this point....Is any one else having the same experience?? I don't want to bug the dealership to death if this is just the process. But i also have a busy few months so I'm trying to get it done sooner than later....should i call ford yet... guy at dealership said he would call me Monday and that "it was taken care of" but he did not call, i see my ford says same thing.......any input would be appreciated. many thanks.....
I have an order with Caruso Ford on southern CA and they are refusing to enter my order. I went back and forth with this and still they won't do it.

I was told they wouldn't sell me a Bronco unless I paid CA sales tax, even though they know I'm registering in Florida. Then they told me that Ford will not allow them to sell a vehicle to an out of state buyer (total lie). I have been in touch with Ford directly on this and they are finding someone in management to handle this for me. That was the story anyway when I spoke to the Ford rep on the phone.

I have reasons for not wanting to switch to another dealer, in case anyone is wondering. I cannot believe what a total frustrating and time consuming mess this is. Converting to an order should be a simple, 10 minute process and it is at the good dealers.

I would INSIST that your dealer converts you immediately. If they refuse, contact me and I'll put you in touch with the Ford rep who is helping me with this identical issue.

OP
OP
Jbronc74

Jbronc74

First Edition
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 bronco , 2018 expedition, 2021 broncoFE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks guys. I think I'm good for now. The dealer has insisted no adms, plus msrp. I got a printout of the build sheet and price. this dealer is not greatest.but i think they just slow af.... ..I will feel this out. Called ford rep they said my order was placed but cant tell me if build is correct...going to have to go on faith at this point but if they do try to screw me out of my FE they will be sorry....I don't have funny money so they better not be jokes....
Sponsored