First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love everything else about the truck, but the Nosie driving at that speed for any distance is just to much to take.
You just answered your question for us as noise level can be a subjective opinion. If you think a Taco is loud, then you won’t like the Bronco as it has more noise……especially at speeds above 65 mph.
Sponsored

Brian2011

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You just answered your question for us as noise level can be a subjective opinion. If you think a Taco is loud, then you won’t like the Bronco as it has more noise……especially at speeds above 65 mph.
The taco is not loud at all and that's the problem I went from a 2023 Pro to this 2024 bronco, and first trip no problems 65 a little loud second trip without the passenger seat occupant was at 75-80 and was a night and day difference in the Nosie levels.

KMJ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, Jeep LJ, Jeep TJ modified
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I believe the 2024 Wildtrak now has sound deafening In the engine compartment, wheel wells and under the floor too. And the carpet makes for less road noise, which may be why the Wildtrak is quieter. I ordered the rubber mats to place on top of the carpeted floor too for an extra layer. I drive a BMW X3 and a Jeep TJ with a hardtop. Seemed lots quieter than the TJ, a little louder than the X3. I look forward to getting used to it, lol. Still waiting for my bronco to be delivered.

Br0nc0babe2021

Outer Banks
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I tried to order a Bronco back in 2020 and with the delays and my lease ending on the vehicle I was driving, I ended up getting the Mach-E instead. My lease on the Mach-E just finished up and I was finally able to get my Bronco. The Mach-E is SILENT so test driving the soft top bronco I immediately noticed the noise. I don't have that issue with my hard top. Though, I guess even if I did, I'd just turn the radio up louder- It's the happiest I've ever been driving to and from work- with the top off and the windows down :) it's all relative.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is next to no sound deadening material anywhere in these things. With that said they are really not that loud inside until you get over 70 in the highway. Strong head or quarter wind will increase some as well. Hard top sound deadening is just a carpet that helps keep interior noises tame from what would be a hard reflective surface. Love mine, soft top and all.

Sponsored

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm looking at my first 2023 Wildtrak Bronco hardtop. I haven't driven one yet. But many friends say that the noise from the road and wind is horrible. I'm purchasing it from a friend who is shipping it to me. My wife is a bit worried the noise will be to load running 70 plus on interstate for calls, etc. Can anyone give some personal clarification? How bad does it bother you?
I've been running my '22 2dr Badlands, with stock tires for 51K miles and the noise, considering the top is 3 pieces and the door windows are frameless isn't too bad. Obviously can't compare to a solid body and framed window door vehicle.

MEDISN

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Road noise much less than I expected. We also have 2023 Wildtrak hardtop going on one year. Other daily driver is a CTS-V. Neither are whisper quiet at 80mph but casual conversation, phone calls, music is easy in the Bronco and my volume never goes above 10 🤣

When you consider the top is removable and it rides on 35’s, it’s quite good actually.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the hard top with a rack. And yes, it’s loud above 70 mph.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Easily have conversations with my wife in the car and on the phone with hardtop. Honestly it’s not even that bad to talk to someone in the front seat with the top off on the highway 🤷🏼‍♂️
Exactly what I was going to post, have calls all the time with tops off and driving. Highway speed conversations (with tops off) I try to avoid, but at 55mph or lower, no issues. I live in a temperate area (CA central coast) and have an enclosed garage so my tops are off most of the time and calls are generally not an issue. In all honesty, I enjoy driving the Bronco so much that I try not to take calls while rolling😉

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Using a decibel level phone app, The noise level at 70 mph in our Gladiator was exactly the same as our ‘24 BD mid package Bronco. Both have sound deadening material glued inside the hard tops. Not sure what previous years and trims had. I think it’s really quiet considering. Easily can hold a conversation with my wife at 80 mph. Maybe some of y’all’s tops aren’t sealing well? There’s very little wind noise.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve had all three mainline tops. It’s not that bad given what it is, but probably still louder than anything but a Wrangler which deff can get old on long trips. I travel for work a bit and it’s annoying taking calls in the Bronco. The Trektop is quitter than both factory tops as long as you add some foam stripping under the bows which takes about 5 mins to do.

redmudtexas

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 2 dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It also depends on your age I suppose. I simply take out my hearing aids and my BD is a quiet as a monastery.

Barzo

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was hoping for so loud I can't talk to the wife.

21Area51BaDsas

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm looking at my first 2023 Wildtrak Bronco hardtop. I haven't driven one yet. But many friends say that the noise from the road and wind is horrible. I'm purchasing it from a friend who is shipping it to me. My wife is a bit worried the noise will be to load running 70 plus on interstate for calls, etc. Can anyone give some personal clarification? How bad does it bother you?
I have a soft top and talking on the phone is rough. It is noisy with 35's. but it is what I expected from a soft top. Scored a hardtop this winter. Huge difference in wind and road noise. Can talk on the phone no issues. It is not a German sedan by any means, but totally acceptable for a truck.
Sponsored