First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@jzweedyk , I mean I guess that is great if you like breathtaking views and a ton of off-roading options. My buddies and I will instead be filling their youtube channel with reviews of Mall Parking Lots from across America.

For real though, since you appear to live in Moab...do you think you will ever get bored with all the trails around you? As a visitor, it's like going to Disneyland and trying to figure out which rides you have time to get on and which you have to leave behind. Do you ever find yourself saying "Fins and Things again? Lame. Let's go get thrown out of an Applebees!"
We have been coming to Moab since 1998 and have never grown tired of it. Now we spend about 6 months here (spring and fall). I also have a RZR Pro R on 35" tires and do a lot of exploring with that. It is true that we don't do the "tourist" trails as much as we used to, because there are so many more things to see and do. Even during Easter Jeep Safari when the town is filled, we go on trails and hardly see another vehicle. We do trails/exploring about 4 days a week and love every minute. The RZR is more fun and can go way faster, but if it is raining or really hot or really cold the Bronco will be the vehicle. Taking the Bronco to Ouray on Sunday for a week to do trails there. But I do miss the malls, as Moab does not have any. :cool:
Sponsored

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ARB install went better than I expected. I was worried that the shelf would resonate and increase the noise from the compressor. It didn't. Beneath the compressor under the carpet is a hole through the metal, covered by a grommet. He cut the center of the grommet and ran the wire down the side through the floor and along the frame all the way to the battery. Since we mounted it on the driver side, that is where the battery is. Mounted the two 40 amp fuses at the battery, and then mounted the on/off switch on the side panel under the compressor. I bought extra large coiled air hose that reaches all 4 tires easily and is light. I need to put a couple of brackets to fasten the wire to the side panel, but for now it is fine. That side panel is so thing that he had to use a plate to mount the switch, and then mount the plate to the side panel. I also had a plate for the ARB that I had used on my F150 Raptor, and he cut that and put it on top of the shelf to sandwich the shelf between that plate and the ARB.

Fantastic. Well done. Thanks for your insight and experience on this. Your thoughts have been very helpful.

And finally, just like the last comment above, I'm trying to imagine living in Moab?!

McLovin80

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 M240i, 95 Prelude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2 door will spend most of it's time in Moab, so I built it for rock crawling and exploring. A big shout out to Performance Ford of Moab and Jared the great mechanic the did the build. Quality work. If you are in Moab and need work done on your Bronco or Jeep check them out. Very happy with the build.

MODS:

Stubby Ant, grab handles, steps
Redline Hood struts
DV8 Device Holder, Front inner fenders, Rear Shock and Dif skid plates, FS 15 Rear bumper w/lights
JCR rear cargo basket and spare delete
Window and windshield tint, Exo-shield on windshield
Underground graphics stripe
Stickerfab hood and lower stripe graphics
Icon Stage 7 billet suspension
Icon tie rods
74 Weld Steering assembly
Magnaflow Overland Cat back system
Ford Performance chip
Ford Aeroskin Hood Protector
ARB Twin Air Compressor
Method 701 Beadgrip wheels
37ā€ BFG KO2 tires

Bronco 1.jpg
Bronco 2.jpg

A few other pictures from Hell's Revenge. Yes it climbed the wall without a problem.

trail-1-jpg.jpg

trail-2-jpg.jpg

trail-3-jpg.jpg

trail-4-jpg.jpg

trail-5-jpg.jpg
Very tastefully done! 2.3 or 2.7?

Been to Hell's Revenge once on an ATV tour. It's a really cool place. The entrance damn near gave my wife a heart attack.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.7 with a Ford performance tune.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have been coming to Moab since 1998 and have never grown tired of it. Now we spend about 6 months here (spring and fall). I also have a RZR Pro R on 35" tires and do a lot of exploring with that. It is true that we don't do the "tourist" trails as much as we used to, because there are so many more things to see and do. Even during Easter Jeep Safari when the town is filled, we go on trails and hardly see another vehicle. We do trails/exploring about 4 days a week and love every minute. The RZR is more fun and can go way faster, but if it is raining or really hot or really cold the Bronco will be the vehicle. Taking the Bronco to Ouray on Sunday for a week to do trails there. But I do miss the malls, as Moab does not have any. :cool:
YankeeBoy!!! Camped there with my wife right arter marrage 27yrs ago

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks nice. in the photos it doesn't look like you aired down much. Is it just the shots?

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The tires are brand new and stiff. I started at 14 psi, then went down to 12. Still experimenting with it. We will be in Ouray next week and I will try 10, and then 8 if I have to. Bead grip wheels, so it should be good. Also adjusted the shocks to the softest setting, springs are new as well.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Curious what you use that traction board for in Moab? I canā€™t imagine there being any sand/mud/snow in that area that one or both lockers couldnā€™t easily handle.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious what you use that traction board for in Moab? I canā€™t imagine there being any sand/mud/snow in that area that one or both lockers couldnā€™t easily handle.
You are right. While the Bronco will spend "Most" of it's time in Moab, not all. This week we will be in Ouray and it will rain. We do a lot of wheeling by ourselves (wife and I) and I really didn't want to put a winch (heavy) on it, so I thought the boards would be a light, alternative to a winch and a good insurance policy. Also the gas can is not needed in Moab, but good to have on the Alpine loop and when we are towing our trailer. Both might be removed when only in Moab, or leave it on for "looks".

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As a fellow 2 door owner who also tows a camper I can tell you: donā€™t lose the gas can!!!!šŸ˜‚

I only get about 10 mpg when towing. So combine that with the teeny gas tank we have in our 2 doors and I figure a gas can might really save my life some day. I keep 5 gallons strapped to the side of my trailer.

Havenā€™t had to use it yet, but there have been several times that Iā€™ve pulled into the gas station with ā€œ0 MILES TO EMPTYā€ showing on my dash. So I figure itā€™s only a matter of time.

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice, simple and functional build (y)
Sponsored