First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2 door will spend most of it's time in Moab, so I built it for rock crawling and exploring. A big shout out to Performance Ford of Moab and Jared the great mechanic the did the build. Quality work. If you are in Moab and need work done on your Bronco or Jeep check them out. Very happy with the build.

MODS:

Stubby Ant, grab handles, steps
Redline Hood struts
DV8 Device Holder, Front inner fenders, Rear Shock and Dif skid plates, FS 15 Rear bumper w/lights
JCR rear cargo basket and spare delete
Window and windshield tint, Exo-shield on windshield
Underground graphics stripe
Stickerfab hood and lower stripe graphics
Icon Stage 7 billet suspension
Icon tie rods
74 Weld Steering assembly
Magnaflow Overland Cat back system
Ford Performance chip
Ford Aeroskin Hood Protector
ARB Twin Air Compressor
Method 701 Beadgrip wheels
37” BFG KO2 tires

Ford Bronco My Moab 2 Door Badlands build Bronco 1
Ford Bronco My Moab 2 Door Badlands build Bronco 2

A few other pictures from Hell's Revenge. Yes it climbed the wall without a problem.

trail-1-jpg.jpg

trail-2-jpg.jpg

trail-3-jpg.jpg

trail-4-jpg.jpg

trail-5-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

KRAKEN

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 DOOR BRONCO, 2014 F150 XLT, 2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks great!!!!!

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another great looking 2-door!

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are those the factory rock rails with a step clamped on, if so what steps?

Love the look!

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice! You have a beautiful truck.

I am interested in the JCR spare delete because it gives the opportunity to use rotopaX options as you have done. However, I see the left and right sides have a gap away from the tailgate. My concern (like other spare delete products) is the "exposed" wiring. Could I please ask you to take a photo from the left hand side showing that gap and exposed wire?

Do you feel the wiring is protected and the design is good? I can't decide between the functionality of the JCR set-up and the SRQ option of completely covering the wiring behind the bracket and having a bottle opener in the hole - but losing the functionality.

For your reference - https://www.srqfabrications.com/store/2021-Bronco-Spare-Tire-Delete-Kit-p462655719

I thank you for your thoughts on this.

Sponsored

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Moab is so awesome! It's my happy place. Took my JL there twice. Looking forward to getting my new Bronco over there!

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice! You have a beautiful truck.

I am interested in the JCR spare delete because it gives the opportunity to use rotopaX options as you have done. However, I see the left and right sides have a gap away from the tailgate. My concern (like other spare delete products) is the "exposed" wiring. Could I please ask you to take a photo from the left hand side showing that gap and exposed wire?

Do you feel the wiring is protected and the design is good? I can't decide between the functionality of the JCR set-up and the SRQ option of completely covering the wiring behind the bracket and having a bottle opener in the hole - but losing the functionality.

For your reference - https://www.srqfabrications.com/store/2021-Bronco-Spare-Tire-Delete-Kit-p462655719

I thank you for your thoughts on this.
I used the JCR back shelf (inside) and was very impressed with it. Solid and strong. In fact I mounted my ARB twin on the bottom side, and it holds it fine and does not resonate the sound. Having said that, I am not that impressed with the tailgate delete. First, if you use the license plate it is designed with, your rotopax and in my case the rescue boards will cover some of the plate. Second, the license plate assemble is kind of cheap looking, almost like an after thought. They also did not include all the parts needed for the camera, and that bracket didn't look great as well. So my builder used the license plate bracket that came with the DV8 rear bumper and then modified the camera bracket and third light position. There is some exposed wire, but it does not bother me. Would I do that again? Yes, because I like the way the rotopax and rescue boards mount, and even with the install problems, I like the way it looks. I hope this helps you.
Ford Bronco My Moab 2 Door Badlands build Tailgate 1
Ford Bronco My Moab 2 Door Badlands build Tailgate 2

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you and I appreciate your effort to take the photos. Those show what I wanted to see. It does help me - now I know I need a combo of the two!!! So I think I am sitting a little firmer on the fence :unsure:. (I saw that issue with the license plate but thought I would ignore it.)

Now I am interested in your ARB twin! How did you wire that from the battery? Underneath and along the frame? What gage? Picture please!

OP
OP
jzweedyk

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ARB install went better than I expected. I was worried that the shelf would resonate and increase the noise from the compressor. It didn't. Beneath the compressor under the carpet is a hole through the metal, covered by a grommet. He cut the center of the grommet and ran the wire down the side through the floor and along the frame all the way to the battery. Since we mounted it on the driver side, that is where the battery is. Mounted the two 40 amp fuses at the battery, and then mounted the on/off switch on the side panel under the compressor. I bought extra large coiled air hose that reaches all 4 tires easily and is light. I need to put a couple of brackets to fasten the wire to the side panel, but for now it is fine. That side panel is so thing that he had to use a plate to mount the switch, and then mount the plate to the side panel. I also had a plate for the ARB that I had used on my F150 Raptor, and he cut that and put it on top of the shelf to sandwich the shelf between that plate and the ARB.

Ford Bronco My Moab 2 Door Badlands build ARB 1
Ford Bronco My Moab 2 Door Badlands build ARB 2

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@jzweedyk , I mean I guess that is great if you like breathtaking views and a ton of off-roading options. My buddies and I will instead be filling their youtube channel with reviews of Mall Parking Lots from across America.

For real though, since you appear to live in Moab...do you think you will ever get bored with all the trails around you? As a visitor, it's like going to Disneyland and trying to figure out which rides you have time to get on and which you have to leave behind. Do you ever find yourself saying "Fins and Things again? Lame. Let's go get thrown out of an Applebees!"
Sponsored