Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe. Ford will probably tell them to go ahead and replace all components in the TSB minus the CHCM
Just got back from the dealership service department.

I had a conversation with the service manager and he wasn't happy that I had replied negatively to the Ford survey... note to us customers, those survey carry a lot of weight. Use them fully to your advantage.

They took the Bronco back into the shop. The mechanic who had been working on it was out last week with COVID. It sounds like they are also overworked. I said that's fine but it's better to over communicate to me.

The tech apparently is recommending the module replacement (I'm unsure if it's the AWD, unlikely) or the CHCM (probably). And a pigtail. The last time they had it he apparently had some trouble updating the CHCM so maybe that's why he wants to replace it. At least the pigtail makes sense.

The TSB calls out the pigtail for the CHCM. The circumstantial evidence for me points to water intrusion based on the snow and water that's been in the Sta-Bar area. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm not 100% hopeful.
Sponsored

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just got back from the dealership service department.

I had a conversation with the service manager and he wasn't happy that I had replied negatively to the Ford survey... note to us customers, those survey carry a lot of weight. Use them fully to your advantage.

They took the Bronco back into the shop. The mechanic who had been working on it was out last week with COVID. It sounds like they are also overworked. I said that's fine but it's better to over communicate to me.

The tech apparently is recommending the module replacement (I'm unsure if it's the AWD, unlikely) or the CHCM (probably). And a pigtail. The last time they had it he apparently had some trouble updating the CHCM so maybe that's why he wants to replace it. At least the pigtail makes sense.

The TSB calls out the pigtail for the CHCM. The circumstantial evidence for me points to water intrusion based on the snow and water that's been in the Sta-Bar area. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm not 100% hopeful.
Oh yes the surveys are a big deal to dealerships. Our service manager goes over the surveys with us on a weekly basis. So the module in question will be the CHCM. Yeah if I would've had issues reprogramming the module I would have just went ahead and replaced it. I give modules 2 tries max and then it's time to replace call me cautious but if it's not taking the programming that concerns me. Good luck. Let us know how it goes

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh yes the surveys are a big deal to dealerships. Our service manager goes over the surveys with us on a weekly basis. So the module in question will be the CHCM. Yeah if I would've had issues reprogramming the module I would have just went ahead and replaced it. I give modules 2 tries max and then it's time to replace call me cautious but if it's not taking the programming that concerns me. Good luck. Let us know how it goes
There can be financial implications from the survey results.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I'm dealing with this issue right now. @Ford Motor Company my dealer is telling me this isn't covered by my ESP warranty that I bought.

So you manufacture a part that fails due to water intrusion (bad part) and then refuse to cover it? For a customer that's got 37K miles and an ESP???

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No reason to suspect the AWD module. I have had one vehicle similar to you where after greasing connectors and reprogramming the module , it still had warnings. I double checked all the connectors by removing pins and found corrosion behind the connector plates so I replaced the harnesses and it fixed the issue. All parts taken off have to be returned to Ford. The CHCM would have to be updated through a dealership
Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Found DTC C103A and corrosion on C1294A & C1294B

Ran it through Oasis and even though the TSB clearly states its covered under ESP, Oasis says NO COVERAGE FOUND when run with causal part 2B325 again exactly as per the TSB

So they're telling me it's 3K to fix and @Ford Motor Company won't cover it under the ESP

Last edited:

Sponsored

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

I've been told by my dealer that the reason I'm getting the message is because there is an issue with the link(s) themselves... Does that make any sense to you?

They're telling me it's 3K to fix and @Ford Motor Company won't cover it under the ESP
Message me your VIN and I'll see what codes you have and give you an answer.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ran it through Oasis and even though the TSB clearly states its covered under ESP, Oasis says NO COVERAGE FOUND when run with causal part 2B325 again exactly as per the TSB

So they're telling me it's 3K to fix and @Ford Motor Company won't cover it under the ESP
The TSB does not say it’s covered by any ESP.
It says it’s ELIGIBLE to be covered, meaning it could be.
Only running the causal part through the parts coverage tool in oasis will determine if it actually is covered or not. If it says there’s no coverage, then there’s no coverage. ESP doesn’t cover everything.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The TSB does not say it’s covered by any ESP.
It says it’s ELIGIBLE to be covered, meaning it could be.
Only running the causal part through the parts coverage tool in oasis will determine if it actually is covered or not. If it says there’s no coverage, then there’s no coverage. ESP doesn’t cover everything.
Funny way of saying it's not covered...

Why wouldn't it say Not Eligilbe? What's the opposite of Not Eligible??

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Funny way of saying it's not covered...

Why wouldn't it say Not Eligilbe? What's the opposite of Not Eligible??
It’s a generic listing of all possible warranties it’s eligible to be covered under. For example, not all TSBs are eligible to be covered by ESP.

Read the rest of the paragraph..
“ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.”

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s a generic listing of all possible warranties it’s eligible to be covered under. For example, not all TSBs are eligible to be covered by ESP.

Read the rest of the paragraph..
“ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.”
The causal part identified EXACTLY matches the TSB... I'm more than happy to pay my deductible.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The causal part identified EXACTLY matches the TSB... I'm more than happy to pay my deductible.
Okay, but like I said.. just because that’s your causal part doesn’t mean your ESP covers it. In this case, that specific causal part is not covered by ESP.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, but like I said.. just because that’s your causal part doesn’t mean your ESP covers it. In this case, that specific causal part is not covered by ESP.
And that makes any sense how? Seriously?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And that makes any sense how? Seriously?
Because not everything is covered by ESP unless the parts coverage tool says it is.
I’m just letting you know how it works, I didn’t make the rules.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because not everything is covered by ESP unless the parts coverage tool says it is.
I’m just letting you know how it works, I didn’t make the rules.
So we can agree it doesn't make sense.

If Ford can arbitrarily decide that parts that have known manufacturing defects aren't covered by the ESP that seems problematic.

That in the totally unforseen circumstance that their 60K vehicle is exposed to water it's on them to fix it.

I just want everyone else here to know that as well.

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So we can agree it doesn't make sense.

I guess I can wipe my ass with my ESP since Ford can arbitrarily decide that parts that have known manufacturing defects aren't covered.

That in the totally unforseen circumstance that their 60K vehicle is exposed to water it's on them to fix it.

I just want everyone else here to know that as well.
It makes sense to me, but I deal with Ford warranty coverage on a daily basis.
You paid for an ESP to cover certain items after factory warranty.... this specific part (2B325 which is the basic part number for a wiring harness) was never covered by the ESP, whether it ended up having a defect or not. They didn't arbitrarily decide not to cover it, it was never covered.

Had it been a "manufacturing defect" with the stabilizer bar disconnect assembly (basic part number 5482) instead, then it would be covered by your ESP, because that part IS actually covered by your ESP (obviously depending on what ESP you have to begin with. PremiumCare covers the assembly though.)
Sponsored

Last edited: