First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Um. Apple CarPlay and Waze?. I wish all four of our family vehicles used apple car play. My Silverado is wired CarPlay and therefore the transition to the Bronco was familiar.

Toyota and Lexus that’s a real POS navigation system. my 2017 Highlander and my wife’s 2019 RX were the same interface and absolutely garbage. My daughters Lincoln isn’t bad, it’s a 2015, pretty low tech.

Switch to car play, android auto, which then gives you google or Waze. You literally couldn’t have more solid choices in a vehicle these days.
Sponsored

Derkz34

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Prius, 2020 Honda Grom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an Outer Banks High pkg. The map on the screen does not have any color. There is no wat to get directions. Can someone tell me wtf the thing can be used for.

My 2018 Chevy Colorado had a system 100 times better than this useless piece of junk. I guess you can get a functional system if you sign up for FordPass. Looking at FordPass, the features are pretty much useless………except they track wherever you go and how you drive. AND, they give you $210 of Ford Reward credits. Why would they be so anxious to get you to sign up? My guess is $$$$. Maybe they sell all that info? Then Big Brother can track you constantly. No Thanks.
I thought the same thing until I tried to navigate to some hot springs in the desert with my cell phone. Long story short it took me to the middle of no where and my navigation to me to the exact spot.

After that I weighed out the pros vs cons and now I use it 99% of the time.

Pros:
-Works off of GPS so don't need cell reception
-Can switch between phones for whoever is playing car DJ without affecting your navigation
-Has off-road trails so you can see your exact path versus google/apple dropping you off where the road ends (yes you can use cords but good luck setting that while driving)
-Navigation actually brings you the nearest parking lot in a big city versus the front the building (in DTLA this is a life savor since the parking lot is usually no where near the front and they are all one way streets)
-Uses TMC for traffic/travel information which is much faster than when google/apple maps notifies you of an accident
-If you have the 12" you can expand the map to the entire screen
-Favorites and recent trips are very easy to use which allows for someone else to get in the car and navigate

Cons:
-Small yearly fee
-Not always the fastest route (but I would say is more accurate with ETA)

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Car play

Sponsored

springer

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition , 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have an Outer Banks High pkg. The map on the screen does not have any color. There is no wat to get directions. Can someone tell me wtf the thing can be used for.

My 2018 Chevy Colorado had a system 100 times better than this useless piece of junk. I guess you can get a functional system if you sign up for FordPass. Looking at FordPass, the features are pretty much useless………except they track wherever you go and how you drive. AND, they give you $210 of Ford Reward credits. Why would they be so anxious to get you to sign up? My guess is $$$$. Maybe they sell all that info? Then Big Brother can track you constantly. No Thanks.

springer

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition , 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The Ford tracking feature can easily be shut off. If you can't figure it out, the Ford dealers have techs that can show you how to shut off this tracking feature..

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve been using CarPlay exclusively in all my Fords. It just seems to work great. Can’t comment on the factory system because I don’t think I’ve ever used it.

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What a baby

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly. If one could order a Bronco with analog gauges, and none of the “ hey there is a car next to you” or “ you need a camera to back up even though you have backed up successfully for the last fifty years”, I would have been the first in line.
I've been backing up for over 50 years too, starting with my dad's hand me down 55 Chevy, that being said I can't say I've missed everything while backing up lol 🍍🍕