met

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all..a buddy and me installed Bilstein 5100’s on my big bend yesterday. Took it in for an alignment today. Is this showing me that I should get more articulating upper control arms? We set the front at clip 3 which is about 2in and the back at 4 which is about 2.1in. I’m curious- before and after below.

IMG_3975.jpeg

IMG_3976.jpeg
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all..a buddy and me installed Bilstein 5100’s on my big bend yesterday. Took it in for an alignment today. Is this showing me that I should get more articulating upper control arms? We set the front at clip 3 which is about 2in and the back at 4 which is about 2.1in. I’m curious- before and after below.

Ford Bronco Need Aftermarket Upper Control Arms? IMG_3976

Ford Bronco Need Aftermarket Upper Control Arms? IMG_3976
The OEM UCA's shouldn't have any issue's dialing-in for 2" of lift. Who did the alignment? The camber and caster readings remain unchanged like they didn't make any adjustment.

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The OEM UCA's shouldn't have any issue's dialing-in for 2" of lift. Who did the alignment? The camber and caster readings remain unchanged like they didn't make any adjustment.
Agree. It looks like they only set the toe.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2” lift is about max for the stock uppers…ya need to look at the caster adjusters to know how much adjustment they have left…but yeah, it looks like they didn’t even try…

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The stock UCAs are pretty dang good for what they are. They should handle that lift just fine. I'd demand a refund or ask them to complete the alignment. All they did was set the toe.

Sponsored
OP
OP
met

met

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I went back and asked why they didn't touch the caster or camber. They put it back up and got it closer but still not in spec. Dude said 'there must be some trick to it' and gave me my money back. Another guy is saying I must get new UCA's. I'm going to take it to a dedicated alignment shop tomorrow. We shall see...

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The trick is to adjust the lower arms, haha. It's not as cut and dry as adjusting toe, but once you see the adjustments on the rack, you can dial in the camber and caster.
Aftermarket upper control arms add some positive caster to help after lifting a vehicle.
Sponsored