Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im an early reservation holder and passed on a 21 Bronco. My lease is up in my truck in 5 months so I have to buy/lease another vehicle. My question is when do you think I will be in a 2022 Bronco? I could just lease another cheap truck again until the 2022 gets delivered..... When will that be best guess??Thanks!
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on how early an "early" reservation is, your dealer's allocations, other reservations at your dealer, and parts availability.

If you opted for 2022, the only thing anyone can tell you for sure is that it won't be delivered until December at the earliest. I believe production doesn't start until December, but they didn't say when. I would expect January to be when we see the first 2022's. I guess that's not for sure either. :ROFLMAO:

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best guess if you are needing to plan on having a vehicle, January 2023. Depends on your reservation, how many people pass on MY21 for MY22 ahead of you, what options you want that will be limited commodities, dealership allocation (which if they mess up now could be less later), how many MY21 will actually be built, not to mention any other delays for whatever reason.

I would play it safe and lease for 2 years since I don't know if they would do 1.5 years.

Sponsored

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't understand why you would wait for a 2022 when your current lease is ending right around when the 2021s are being delivered. If you buy another car you are wasting money on taxes and depreciation

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't understand why you would wait for a 2022 when your current lease is ending right around when the 2021s are being delivered. If you buy another car you are wasting money on taxes and depreciation
I kind of get it. We are about 3 months away still from being told build date estimates. That leaves 2 months if everything goes right and super early reservation at a dealer where you are #1 or 2 for a good chance of taking delivery in time. But if you want anything late availability you are now into not possible territory.

Not to mention the changes already confirmed have me kinda thinking about it. Badlands but can't get the roof rack or headline sound deadening material but MY22 should have it on same exact build. Not deal breakers but would have been nice.

Me personally in this position I would do as Rubisquatch suggested and extend lease. I however have never leased a vehicle and what little I know this can be harder then it should be or more expensive then it is worth. I view leasing like paying rent on a vehicle but you also pay for the depreciation unlike a house.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The title of this thread had me expecting something.... different. 😉

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I kind of get it. We are about 3 months away still from being told build date estimates. That leaves 2 months if everything goes right and super early reservation at a dealer where you are #1 or 2 for a good chance of taking delivery in time. But if you want anything late availability you are now into not possible territory.

Not to mention the changes already confirmed have me kinda thinking about it. Badlands but can't get the roof rack or headline sound deadening material but MY22 should have it on same exact build. Not deal breakers but would have been nice.

Me personally in this position I would do as Rubisquatch suggested and extend lease. I however have never leased a vehicle and what little I know this can be harder then it should be or more expensive then it is worth. I view leasing like paying rent on a vehicle but you also pay for the depreciation unlike a house.

Extending the lease is the right solution if he sticks with a 2021 and the timing doesn't line up exactly..but every company I've leased with only allows somewhere between a 3-6 month extension. Should be enough time for an early reservation holder for a 2021, but not for 2022. I assume there is something he wants like a white top but seems crazy to me to postpone for that when everything else pretty much lines up.

OP
OP
Ranger345

Ranger345

Badlands
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a July 13 reservation holder and #2 inline with my dealer. The reason I am holding out is because of all of the items I want on the badlands is late availability. I have had several (4) 66 to 77 Broncos in the past with all white tops, so waiting a few months or year doesn't matter to me. I also want the top roof rack and rear pull out.....with all that said it it makes sense to get a 22. plus maybe they will release a cool green.!! If Warthog is released I will get that. if not 22 badlands.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Why bother leasing? Go buy a beater to use while your waiting, then sell it.
Sponsored