First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've not heard of anyone paying 500 down on an order online...I didn't even have to pay the 100 res fee....are these fees credited when you purchase ...I filled my order out on ford website,, sent it to the dealer..the dealer clarified my order and then i received a thank you for my order from Ford..not once did anyone ask for any reservation fee or downpayment....
Fordā€™s website required a res fee in Aug ā€˜21. When I placed my order online in Oct ā€˜21 they required $500 deposit. Both are credited towards the purchase. Not sure who holds the $100, I believe Ford, and my dealer is holding the $500. When I got my MY23 purchase agreement, both showed on it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX; Tesla M3; BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That order number is your reservation number. That is different than the four character WBDO order number from your dealer. Once youā€™ve places an order against a reservation then your online ford account will show it. However the dealer will still keep track on their side with their WBDO order number.
Right. I didnā€™t realize this and apparently neither did the sales guy, assuming he did anything. Know this nowā€¦again @Ford Motor Company needs to work with dealer to push order through WEBDO

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fordā€™s website required a res fee in Aug ā€˜21. When I placed my order online in Oct ā€˜21 they required $500 deposit. Both are credited towards the purchase. Not sure who holds the $100, I believe Ford, and my dealer is holding the $500. When I got my MY23 purchase agreement, both showed on it.
Is the $500 fully refundable? I only have $100 refundable on my order. There is no way I'm committing anything more to a vehicle Ford won't commit to delivering in a reasonable timeframe.

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is the $500 fully refundable? I only have $100 refundable on my order. There is no way I'm committing anything more to a vehicle Ford won't commit to delivering in a reasonable timeframe.
If I do choose to go down this route (not an option now) and I donā€™t get my monies back, the state AG will definitely be involved and probably a private civil action on my part.

I hope it doesnā€™t come to this; I just want Ford to get with the dealer PRONTO to push my order. Simple requestā€”apparently difficult to execute.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds familiar. I had a day 1 reservation. I gave dealer my reservation to order conversion info in March of 21. Dealer somehow had a glitch, and my reservation did not convert to an order. I argued back and for months to no avail. I got the $100 credit card and toy bronco set for my efforts and that is it. Realization set in that I was not going to get the reservation converted. Got pissed and walked away. Came to my senses and ordered Nov of 21. Just converted yesterday to a 23 Azure Blue BD with HT, Tow, and V6. I also ordered a 2023 Silverado Diesel (new LZO motor) LTZ Z71 crew. Ill see which comes first. Good luck.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Right. I didnā€™t realize this and apparently neither did the sales guy, assuming he did anything. Know this nowā€¦again @Ford Motor Company needs to work with dealer to push order through WEBDO
Hope this helps, but I went back and forth with the dealer on price protection. I finally got him to give me the name and contact info for the zone Ford Rep. I know it's two different scenarios, but found out from the zone rep he was unaware of my situation (my dealer said he was in constant contact with Him). He contacted the dealer directly and within a few hours it was fixed. Go by E-mail if possible and send him everything you have, it seems they are and have been very helpful with some of these dealers just straight up lying to customers. Good luck!

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hope this helps, but I went back and forth with the dealer on price protection. I finally got him to give me the name and contact info for the zone Ford Rep. I know it's two different scenarios, but found out from the zone rep he was unaware of my situation (my dealer said he was in constant contact with Him). He contacted the dealer directly and within a few hours it was fixed. Go by E-mail if possible and send him everything you have, it seems they are and have been very helpful with some of these dealers just straight up lying to customers. Good luck!
Apparently the general sales manger spoke to the zone rep a few weeks ago and they had a plan. Then they laid off the zone rep, again apparently. What I do know is when I went in yesterday and learned that the zone rep and the plan disappeared, the dealer did nothing.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not yet. Iā€™m dug in like a tick and Iā€™m going to make things very uncomfortable for them.
I understand but this Dealer is screwing you know and will do so again later. Get your money back and go to a honest dealer. Re=order and wait or find one close to you want on a lot and maybe a good dealer will sell at MSRP.

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand but this Dealer is screwing you know and will do so again later. Get your money back and go to a honest dealer. Re=order and wait or find one close to you want on a lot and maybe a good dealer will sell at MSRP.
The problem is the way the system is set up now, I cannot reorder and there ainā€™t no Fā€™n way I am losing my priority at this point. This will get fixed by Ford and the dealer and then the discussion will turn to being made whole due to this screw-up.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your zone rep, who has been there for more than a decade, is still listed in the employee directory. If they are laid off they usually disappear like they never existed.
Just my theory. Your dealer screwed up royally and they are feeding you a whole lot of BS in the hopes you go away so corporate doesn't find out and penalize them. This is a problem your dealer can and should fix unless they are hiding something or are absurdly incompetent.

Sponsored
OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your zone rep, who has been there for more than a decade, is still listed in the employee directory. If they are laid off they usually disappear like they never existed.
Just my theory. Your dealer screwed up royally and they are feeding you a whole lot of BS in the hopes you go away so corporate doesn't find out and penalize them. This is a problem your dealer can and should fix unless they are hiding something or are absurdly incompetent.
Interesting. Well, Iā€™m going to take that to the dealer if I donā€™t hear from them with news. Im already spamming social media, and are going to start levering some contact to see if I can connect with someone in Fords legal department (I happen to be a lawyer soā€¦.that might unfortunately come into play; hope not) or communications department. So far a Ford social media person Iā€™ve been messaging through the BN site all day has come back and said ā€œoh we see your order. Talk to the dealer with questions ā€œ. Completely ignoring the situation and my ask. Iā€™m a bit incensed at the moment

If I may ask, and please feel free to decline to answer as I understand why you would, how are you seeing the region employe directory?

Thanks so much for that info. Very helpful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, the Ford social media person told me in very plain languageā€”you need to work with the dealer sales manage, good bye. I know this is no surprise to a vast majority of folks here but it still is a bit shocking. Its clear they just donā€™t care. What is even a bit more amazing is they donā€™t realize that someone like me will continue to use social media to draw attention to their failure. But, as has been seen by a multitude here, Ford couldnā€™t care about the customer.

But, I donā€™t take a tactical failure lying down. In corporate speak, Iā€™ve got more levers to pull. Going up to corporate soon.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. Well, Iā€™m going to take that to the dealer if I donā€™t hear from them with news. Im already spamming social media, and are going to start levering some contact to see if I can connect with someone in Fords legal department (I happen to be a lawyer soā€¦.that might unfortunately come into play; hope not) or communications department. So far a Ford social media person Iā€™ve been messaging through the BN site all day has come back and said ā€œoh we see your order. Talk to the dealer with questions ā€œ. Completely ignoring the situation and my ask. Iā€™m a bit incensed at the moment

If I may ask, and please feel free to decline to answer as I understand why you would, how are you seeing the region employe directory?

Thanks so much for that info. Very helpful.
So out of curiosity what loss can you tangibly sue for? What damages have you incurred that could be righted with a suit?

I am sincerely asking.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
D2339E82-17D6-4484-B8B2-5C97C875AE75.png
0E7857D0-3799-4047-AF06-73F72A40889F.png

As you can see, they have the order. As you can also see, the order number isnā€™t right (which no one told me in the first 9 months of me forcing them to look at the issue ).
So the order does exist, and CS has verified that. Your dealer has acknowledged receipt of the $500, correct? What you are missing is the DORA. Why can't they print you a DORA again? Dealer claims there is an "issue" w/the order? Can they be more specific? If a converted order is seen by Ford it must be in WBDO. If it hasn't been pulled for production (which is closed now for 22my), then you will have to convert it to a my23 order. They should be able to print you a DORA then...or am I missing something? Agreed, your dealer is being very sloppy, but if there is a real order in the system, that shouldn't matter
Sponsored

Last edited: