Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX; Tesla M3; BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am re-posting from the Order & Delivery threads in order to get more eyes on this Thanks to those that have replied there. [Admins. If against posting rules, please handle as you see fit]

My apologies to everyone if the following seems rash or obnoxious, but I hope after reading below you will understand my plea for assistance. I know that members of the Ford Team read these threads on occasion, and I have nowhere else to turn except for direct intervention, as my Dealer cannot (or will not) find a solution to my issue.

Short version: I reserved an OBX 6/20/21 and converted the reservation to an order on 10/15/21 online (this is important). In December my salesperson said there was an issue with my order and ever since then I have been pushing them to fix this. 10 months later, no solution; despite calling, emailing, texting and showing up every 3 or so weeks. After finally getting the general sales manager involved, they figured out that Ford either never sent, or the dealer lost, the email from Ford to enter my order in WEBDO, complete the paperwork and have me sign the order. I would note here that I have paid the $100 reservation and $500 order deposits. With the order banks being closed since March, they have not been able to enter the system and because it is not in WEBDO, they cannot convert my 2022 order to a 2023. They cannot figure out what to do (or continue fail to engage with Ford sufficiently), so my order has been in limbo for almost a year and looks like that will remain the case. They obviously cannot enter a new order, etc. Among other issues, I am concerned that if this is not converted by the November date, my order is dropped.

If anyone has any thoughts, I would appreciate them, but it appears that only direct action by persons at Ford itself can help. Therefore, if anyone at FMCo can help, please reply to this post or DM so I can provide additional details.

Thank you in advance.
Tom Ryan
Sponsored

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would just ask for all my money back. Cut your losses and your headaches. Yes, what a cluster f. That sucks.
Not yet. I’m dug in like a tick and I’m going to make things very uncomfortable for them.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck! Ford will be of no help. Your dealer is clueless and has no recourse. And you’re dug in like a tick. In other words- nothing is going to happen. Your best bet is to order from another dealer when retail orders open back up. No way should you do any business with this dealer going forward. It sucks and I know it’s not what you want to hear but neither Ford or your dealer are going to fix this. Just read around on this forum and see the stories similar to yours.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have a reservation? Did that reservation ever have a status of “ordering with dealer”? It sounds like your dealer has this goofed up from the start. Did you ever get a printed out version of the WBDO order from your dealer for you to sign?

If Ford never had an order in their order banks for you then you won’t get a COVp, won’t get a private offer ($2000 to $3000 in price protection) and will have to wait to get a 2023 order input. Ford isn’t going to give out free money if they never had an order in the system.

Sponsored
OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You have a reservation? Did that reservation ever have a status of “ordering with dealer”? It sounds like your dealer has this goofed up from the start. Did you ever get a printed out version of the WBDO order from your dealer for you to sign?

If Ford never had an order in their order banks for you then you won’t get a COVp, won’t get a private offer ($2000 to $3000 in price protection) and will have to wait to get a 2023 order input. Ford isn’t going to give out free money if they never had an order in the system.
Someone between Ford and the Dealer screwed up. The issue is, it never got into WEBDO, but it did get ordering with Dealer and Order Completed. They have my $ and I did get an email from Ford that the order was accepted when I placed it. I am not going to let them get off easy. I don’t want to take this tact, I just want it fixed, but I am at the point where people are going to get unwanted attention and embarrassment. I have been on this for 10 month, told twice it was fixed, it has not, and they do not have a clue.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What do you mean converted to an order online?
Did you ever get the email from Ford that your Bronco was ordered? Sounds like maybe the dealer never actually put the order into the system.

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What do you mean converted to an order online?
Did you ever get the email from Ford that your Bronco was ordered? Sounds like maybe the dealer never actually put the order into the system.
Nope. They didn’t. I converted my reservation to an Order online, got an accepted email from Ford but they never sent the dealer an email, etc. to finalize in WEBDO, etc. Or so I have been told. Screw ups on a number of levels which could have been fixed prior to the March order banks cutoff if the sales person actually did his job and looked into this. This will be fixed.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope. They didn’t. I converted my reservation to an Order online, got an accepted email from Ford but they never sent the dealer an email, etc. to finalize in WEBDO, etc. Or so I have been told. Screw ups on a number of levels which could have been fixed prior to the March order banks cutoff if the sales person actually did his job and looked into this. This will be fixed.
It’s early and I still haven’t had my coffee, so apologies for not following, but how did you convert the reservation to an order online?
I thought only the dealer could convert a reservation to an order.

Last edited:
OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s early and I still haven’t had my coffee, so apologies for not following, but how did you convert the reservation to an order online?
I thought only the dealer could convert a reservation to an order.
Got an email from Ford in October (21) that 22 order banks are open. Follow the link. Completed order and charged the $500 to my credit card.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got an email from Ford in October (21) that 22 order banks are open. Follow the link. Completed order and charged the $500 to my credit card.
Ok, wasn’t aware that was even an option. Pretty sure it was not for the 21 model. I can see where that might cause problems.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate to say, it sounds like you were phished.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have a screenshot of the email that sent the link? Should look back at it and check the address of the sender. I think they have a hotline to call for help with your order as well. @Ford Motor Company should be able to help if they are around, they seem to pop up when there are issues.

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

By Ford. I guess. The order was legit. Ford had it. The dealer was aware of it. Got to go to Off Rodeo. Pure and simple screwups

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, wasn’t aware that was even an option. Pretty sure it was not for the 21 model. I can see where that might cause problems.
If I remember right, Ford made changes to the account/my reservations page after the 2nd rollover. For uncoverted reservations there was a link that took you to the B&P to select options and complete pricing.

The summary sheet then had a line where dealers could build in an ADM, said something like price above MSRP or something. You may recall a bunch of people in here complaining about that, and rightfully so.
Sponsored