Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX; Tesla M3; BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So out of curiosity what loss can you tangibly sue for? What damages have you incurred that could be righted with a suit?

I am sincerely asking.
To be honest, I have no idea. In all probability nothing, but I haven’t at all looked at this, and not my area of law. But I do know enough, that you can be a nuisance, having dealt with my share of nuisances. There could also be a consumer protection action by the State, but, again, who knows. And to be absolutely, positively clear, this is not at all the solution; I just want the glitch fixed and put me where I should be. I’ve got much better things to do, as do a number of other people.
Sponsored

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So the order does exist, and CS has verified that. Your dealer has acknowledged receipt of the $500, correct? What you are missing is the DORA. Why can't they print you a DORA again? Dealer claims there is an "issue" w/the order? Can they be more specific? If a converted order is seen by Ford it must be in WBDO. If it hasn't been pulled for production (which is closed now for 22my), then you will have to convert it to a my23 order. They should be able to print you a DORA then...or am I missing something? Agreed, your dealer is being very sloppy, but if there is a real order in the system, shouldn't matter
The problem is, what I am being told is that it is not in WEBDO and they cannot enter it into WEBDO as it is not open to “new” orders. Yes, I know, this is not a new order but, again being told, the Ford systems are an unholy mess. Again, note that my order number is still my reservation number. The long and short of this is, someone can probably easily fix this but I have no idea after 10+ months why no one has and why they cannot now.

The dealer, or at least the sales guy, knew I had an order in October, as I got an email the day after I entered my order. He/they clearly botched it and I can’t do anything to fix it, or at least get someone to fix it.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would bet the dealer never contacted the zone rep, just like in the other recent thread on here. In that case, they got in touch with their guy and he fixed things for them.

Did you try Mike Levine from Ford? He has helped a lot of people with dealer issues. He is on Twitter. It is the weekend so may not hear anything till next week.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem is, what I am being told is that it is not in WEBDO and they cannot enter it into WEBDO as it is not open to “new” orders. Yes, I know, this is not a new order but, again being told, the Ford systems are an unholy mess. Again, note that my order number is still my reservation number. The long and short of this is, someone can probably easily fix this but I have no idea after 10+ months why no one has and why they cannot now.

The dealer, or at least the sales guy, knew I had an order in October, as I got an email the day after I entered my order. He/they clearly botched it and I can’t do anything to fix it, or at least get someone to fix it.
Well, clearly it IS in WBDO if CS can see it, and you can see it linked to your account. What specifically the dealer "botched" is what I'm trying to wrap my head around. If they put your rez # in as order # who cares? So long as it gets built?

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would bet the dealer never contacted the zone rep, just like in the other recent thread on here. In that case, they got in touch with their guy and he fixed things for them.

Did you try Mike Levine from Ford? He has helped a lot of people with dealer issues. He is on Twitter. It is the weekend so may not hear anything till next week.
Already tweeted him. Going to tweet again

Sponsored
OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, clearly it IS in WBDO if CS can see it, and you can see it linked to your account. What specifically the dealer "botched" is what I'm trying to wrap my head around. If they put your rez # in as order # who cares? So long as it gets built?
I wish I knew. As mentioned somewhere here, Ford apparently contacted my sales guy in November that I needed to “push” the order. Been on the dealer since then, at least every three weeks. Nothing. And then more nothing. At this point I just want someone to a) give me the whole story and b) fix this. I’ll settle for b). It’s a s-show
Dumb question—who or what is CS? My brain is so fried I can’t compute. Thanks

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem is the way the system is set up now, I cannot reorder and there ain’t no F’n way I am losing my priority at this point.
You are correct that no one can place a new order now, and likely won't be able to for months.

Your second concern is misplaced, though. The way Ford schedules, reservation priority doesn't really matter anymore. And as a June 2021 reservation, you are way towards the back of the line anyway. There are definitely dealerships where new walk-ins will get Broncos far earlier than people with June 2021 reservations.

Your dealership has revealed themselves as incompetent. I would focus on trying to get the money back and put it towards a Bronco at a place that has their shit together.

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got a response by emailing Elena Ford and copying Jim Azzouz and Jim Farley. They still didn’t do anything for me but at least someone got back to me and looked into it.

They seem to either have an ordering system that nobody knows how to use, have an ordering system that is holding them hostage by its design, or just don’t care about us one bit.
Really it’s probably all three.

Last edited:

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish I knew. As mentioned somewhere here, Ford apparently contacted my sales guy in November that I needed to “push” the order. Been on the dealer since then, at least every three weeks. Nothing. And then more nothing. At this point I just want someone to a) give me the whole story and b) fix this. I’ll settle for b). It’s a s-show

Dumb question—who or what is CS? My brain is so fried I can’t compute. Thanks
CS=customer service...sorry

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dealer botched it by not moving it from their online dashboard in WBDO actually into WBDO. When a dealer logs into WBDO, the main page is a scheduling page for all model lines, it has some other handy links, an online portal link(it blinks red when their is an online order that needs addressing) and some other misc stuff. The actual ordering system is a completely different tab.

This dealer is probably not very versed on how to push online orders actually into their queue. The same process is used for Lightnings, Mach-E's and anything Ford will let consumers order online. If they simply didn't accept the order, then nothing happened and nothing this OP can do about it. This dealer simply overlooked it and dropped the ball.

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dealer botched it by not moving it from their online dashboard in WBDO actually into WBDO. When a dealer logs into WBDO, the main page is a scheduling page for all model lines, it has some other handy links, an online portal link(it blinks red when their is an online order that needs addressing) and some other misc stuff. The actual ordering system is a completely different tab.

This dealer is probably not very versed on how to push online orders actually into their queue. The same process is used for Lightnings, Mach-E's and anything Ford will let consumers order online. If they simply didn't accept the order, then nothing happened and nothing this OP can do about it. This dealer simply overlooked it and dropped the ball.
Very informative. Yeah, I think in a lot of respects, especially the original sales guy, they don’t have a clue. For sure when I was in there on Friday following up (for probably the 15th time), the GSales Manager was sympathetic and apologized for not doing any substantive follow up in the three weeks we talked (and ignoring my two text emails), but he had no idea how to fix this in the system or whom at FordMoCo could help. Therefore, the plea here that someone at Ford or has a connection with Ford can look at this and work with the dealer. Alas, Ford’s social media team ultimately told me—yeah, continue to work with the dealer.
Sponsored