Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX; Tesla M3; BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have a screenshot of the email that sent the link? Should look back at it and check the address of the sender. I think they have a hotline to call for help with your order as well. @Ford Motor Company should be able to help if they are around, they seem to pop up when there are issues.
Already tagged @Ford Motor Company a number of places. I need them to step in and get the right person to solve this.
Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone between Ford and the Dealer screwed up. The issue is, it never got into WEBDO, but it did get ordering with Dealer and Order Completed. They have my $ and I did get an email from Ford that the order was accepted when I placed it. I am not going to let them get off easy. I don’t want to take this tact, I just want it fixed, but I am at the point where people are going to get unwanted attention and embarrassment. I have been on this for 10 month, told twice it was fixed, it has not, and they do not have a clue.
I assume you've DM'd @Ford Motor Company ? Already? There's a few options but I think you've got your mind set on seeing this through. If it were me, I would have gone to a different dealer first. Take that aspect out of it. Then I'd just go with a competitor vehicle. Bronco is cool, but it's not worth all the headaches a lot have been through. My $.02, take it FWIW.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I remember right, Ford made changes to the account/my reservations page after the 2nd rollover. For uncoverted reservations there was a link that took you to the B&P to select options and complete pricing.

The summary sheet then had a line where dealers could build in an ADM, said something like price above MSRP or something. You may recall a bunch of people in here complaining about that, and rightfully so.
Op claims an email link. Sounds phishy. I'd do like Woodward and Bernstein 1st, and follow the money. Call the bank and find out who the recipient of that $500 charge was. If it was anyone other than the ordering dealer, then OP has been phished. What does the dealer show on thier system, a still unconverted reservation? Or a priority 99 order? Has to be one of those things

nickyp1020

Badlands
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company GET THIS MAN HIS BRONCO!!! THERE IS NO REASON FOR THIS NONSESE. Youre the only car company having this MANY ISSUES but still siting issues that have been dealt with a year ago.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Ford Motor Company GET THIS MAN HIS BRONCO!!! THERE IS NO REASON FOR THIS NONSESE. Youre the only car company having this MANY ISSUES but still siting issues that have been dealt with a year ago.
Tagging them won't help. They are only replying to the maintenance related issues. Considering they havent helped thousands of reservation holders that still don't have their Bronco, I doubt this is going to get very far. Good luck, OP.

Sponsored

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've not heard of anyone paying 500 down on an order online...I didn't even have to pay the 100 res fee....are these fees credited when you purchase ...I filled my order out on ford website,, sent it to the dealer..the dealer clarified my order and then i received a thank you for my order from Ford..not once did anyone ask for any reservation fee or downpayment....

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I assume you've DM'd @Ford Motor Company ? Already? There's a few options but I think you've got your mind set on seeing this through. If it were me, I would have gone to a different dealer first. Take that aspect out of it. Then I'd just go with a competitor vehicle. Bronco is cool, but it's not worth all the headaches a lot have been through. My $.02, take it FWIW.
Not sure if I can move it to anodhe
Op claims an email link. Sounds phishy. I'd do like Woodward and Bernstein 1st, and follow the money. Call the bank and find out who the recipient of that $500 charge was. If it was anyone other than the ordering dealer, then OP has been phished. What does the dealer show on thier system, a still unconverted reservation? Or a priority 99 order? Has to be one of those things
Neither. They show an order. They show the deposits. Someone at Ford apparently has seen it They just never put it it WEBDO and just never follow through

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Let's work through this...so salesperson says there was an issue with the order December 2021 which tells me they were aware of the order by then. Whether or not they got all of the info they needed from Ford seems irrelevant, as they were aware and contacted you (or you contacted them to check) and they confirm knowing of the order. At that point, if they were missing anything, I would think they could have just manually entered the order and then worked out the issue with the $500 down you did online. If they could not resolve with Ford, they should have told you right away that they cannot resolve and to place an order directly with them while you or they resolve the initial order with Ford (cancel/refund/etc).
I try to follow the bread crumbs and once your dealer was aware, the ball was pretty much in their court. If you are dug in like a tick, I would say your options are:
-Call the dealer out, let them know the above and that they were the last hands involved and once the order is entered you would like to be compensated with the sale (discount, free accessories, maintenance, whatever you can come up with)...unfortunately probably unlikely without something to press them.
-Have the dealer reach out to you for any orders that are walked away from and agree to sell to you at MSRP. You likely will have to be flexible on color, options, etc for this option.
-Cancel the order with that dealer and find another one that is more reliable and responsive.
-Cancel the order and find another vehicle.
If you have the email from Ford confirming your down payment and order, I would check the wording to see if it gives you any advantage to press the issue with either party.

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let's work through this...so salesperson says there was an issue with the order December 2021 which tells me they were aware of the order by then. Whether or not they got all of the info they needed from Ford seems irrelevant, as they were aware and contacted you (or you contacted them to check) and they confirm knowing of the order. At that point, if they were missing anything, I would think they could have just manually entered the order and then worked out the issue with the $500 down you did online. If they could not resolve with Ford, they should have told you right away that they cannot resolve and to place an order directly with them while you or they resolve the initial order with Ford (cancel/refund/etc).
I try to follow the bread crumbs and once your dealer was aware, the ball was pretty much in their court. If you are dug in like a tick, I would say your options are:
-Call the dealer out, let them know the above and that they were the last hands involved and once the order is entered you would like to be compensated with the sale (discount, free accessories, maintenance, whatever you can come up with)...unfortunately probably unlikely without something to press them.
-Have the dealer reach out to you for any orders that are walked away from and agree to sell to you at MSRP. You likely will have to be flexible on color, options, etc for this option.
-Cancel the order with that dealer and find another one that is more reliable and responsive.
-Cancel the order and find another vehicle.
If you have the email from Ford confirming your down payment and order, I would check the wording to see if it gives you any advantage to press the issue with either party.
Thanks. Have done the first few. The dealer knows they (particularly the sales guy) messed up. I have made my displeasure clear. It seems like they need Ford’s help to fix and despite them saying this is a priority, they have not treated this as such. @Ford Motor Company needs to get the right person to fix the glitch.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Op claims an email link. Sounds phishy.
I, and I am sure a thousand others with uncoverted reservations, got the same email with the links. As stated, it would take you to your account and then on to an ordering page. Where some dealers would already have an adm tacked on the summary page.

Ford Bronco Need direct intervention help from Ford Screenshot_20220924-105613

Ford Bronco Need direct intervention help from Ford Screenshot_20220924-105149

Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would, regardless of fighting this one fight, as soon as possible order one from another dealer in person, get build sheet and a sales order in place with deposit and be sure they do all the COVP stuff. For as bad as it has ben for some of us, it does seems they are getting better at building them. I understand you won't get some of the price protection that a roll over into MY23 may get which is the down side.

Now that you know what they are supposed to do, you aren't stuck with a dealer, find one that does all you want.

Then continue this fight if you want. Winning it might get one sooner, but with an apparently helpless dealer, even if they got it resolved and get the MY23 roll over, this might still take longer to build than the clean new order. I am serious about that and I understand that the roll over of those order (if issue resolved) would be before you could place a new order.

After my experience, cutting and running, starting a new order with a dealer that does everything right is better than trying to "fix" an issue with a dealer that appears clueless. Even after you get it fixed there will likely be one issue after another.

I reserved first week 2020 and converted to order January 21. Rolled over to MY22 last year and finally got built this August and I got it this week. It has been a long and frustrating road with this dealer who from what I could tell never did things they way they were being directed by Ford such as never getting a sales order in place and taking additional deposit. Later when I asked for them to do COVP (as it applied to new orders) on a "well it can't hurt basis" they refused. They left me hanging in the wind as they acted very much in the way that dealers who sold the order to someone else or hit with surprise ADM. While it all turned out (mostly) well in the end more than 2 years after reservation date and year and a half after order date, this was a very anxiety producing wait.

Due to the long wait, and uncertainty, and need for another car (though I might have done without that need) I put an order in for a second Bronco around the time you did, in person at a different dealer and this dealer seemed to run it exactly like Ford was asking. Sales order in place with the order, with reasonable deposit, defined price, ran COVP even though it technically didn't need it. This one was built three months after the order. It took some time getting delivered, but there was no headache, no anxiety and it was done.

OP
OP
twryan3

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Need direct intervention help from Ford D2339E82-17D6-4484-B8B2-5C97C875AE75
Ford Bronco Need direct intervention help from Ford D2339E82-17D6-4484-B8B2-5C97C875AE75
Ford Bronco Need direct intervention help from Ford 0E7857D0-3799-4047-AF06-73F72A40889F

As you can see, they have the order. As you can also see, the order number isn’t right (which no one told me in the first 9 months of me forcing them to look at the issue ).

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes like many of these situations, a key ingredient is lacking, called "fun". More like aggravation. Looking at other options makes sense.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That order number is your reservation number. That is different than the four character WBDO order number from your dealer. Once you’ve places an order against a reservation then your online ford account will show it. However the dealer will still keep track on their side with their WBDO order number.

jleafgre

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You had a reservation and ordered 10/15 when the MY22 process began. Did you place your order at the dealer or online? I am about the same as you, ordered online 10/18 and the process, even moving to MY23 has been flawless. If you ordered online, not sure the issue is the dealer but rather Ford unless the dealer messed with your order.
Sponsored