Sponsored

Need help! Service 4x4 system after Procal tire size change!

The BEAST!

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 door Bronco Big Bend Advanced/Sasquatch 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi folks. I installed the Ford Performance tune last night which went smoothly and the Bronco is like a new animal! Unfortunately, this morning I decided to check out the tire size using the procal and after I corrected it to the right size for the Sasquatch tires I'm getting service 4x4 code and a reduced power alert in the Ford Pass app.

I did enter the tire size about 3 times as it wasn't clear when the procedure was actually done. My question is what to do about the codes? Should I revert back to the stock tune then do it again? I did manage to change the tire size and save it.

If I cleared the codes does that "fix" the issues? The Bronco still seems to drive fine. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Sponsored

Last edited:

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s been a while since I changed mine to 37s using ProCal and I cannot remember all the details. Iā€™m sure youā€™re watching the handheld screen, as I remember, it was a multiple step process to change the tire size.

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
The BEAST!

The BEAST!

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I fixed it!!! It turns out that I was able to relearn the AWD using the procal!

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
was just going to say what you just did.That happened to me to. Found a post on here about it finding the relearn fix.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

yes this should be common knowledge by now, there probably 50 posts about this on 5 different threads...
need to sticky that to the threads titles somehow....so folks don't skip that ...

AWD relearn can be done with Fords Procal tool or forscan.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yes this should be common knowledge by now, there probably 50 posts about this on 5 different threads...
need to sticky that to the threads titles somehow....so folks don't skip that ...

AWD relearn can be done with Fords Procal tool or forscan.

A stickied Procal how to thread would be a great thing to have. I'll be doing mine myself and not through the dealer and am sure I'll be on here searching for answers in multiple threads.

OP
OP
The BEAST!

The BEAST!

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I do have a question that I'm trying to get a definitive answer to. I've tried searching for an answer but see varying replies. How many revolutions per mile are the Sasquatch Goodyear tires? The size showing on the Forscan tool is 606 which I read here is actually a 33 inch tire spec not 35. I've read about folks trying different numbers when they are attempting to enter the correct revolutions per mile. Do any of you know the proper numbers to input into the Forscan for the tires that comes with the Sasquatch package? Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
The BEAST!

The BEAST!

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lol,why do you need to be spot on accurate? I mean a mph one way or the other who really caresā€¦. I just matched mine to what my gps said I was going. Just adjust in forescan one way or the other.
I'd just like to have it be set accurately is all. I'm not sure why you find that amusing.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd just like to have it be set accurately is all. I'm not sure why you find that amusing.
I'm with you. If actual speed is really 59 instead of 60, I've "lost" nearly 1,700 miles on my vehicle when I get to 100,000. Sometimes vehicles overstate speed by more than that.

Sponsored

Megadawg

Big Bend
First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole fleet of stuff
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I finally landed on 607 with Procal / Squach tires. while vehicle speed remains constant the GPS bounces from from 1 to 0 mph difference. thats close enough for me...for now. I have not tested at interstate speeds yet.
From what Ive read different manufactures call their tire one size but reality is they are not, Revs Per Mile on the goodyear 315 are 606/607 ish, while the math for 315's would indicate 566.6. Pretty sure some manufactures even post the revs per mile on the specific tire spec. I have not found one for goodyear.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I finally landed on 607 with Procal / Squach tires. while vehicle speed remains constant the GPS bounces from from 1 to 0 mph difference. thats close enough for me...for now. I have not tested at interstate speeds yet.
From what Ive read different manufactures call their tire one size but reality is they are not, Revs Per Mile on the goodyear 315 are 606/607 ish, while the math for 315's would indicate 566.6. Pretty sure some manufactures even post the revs per mile on the specific tire spec. I have not found one for goodyear.
Goodyear says 608 so you are pretty close.

Ford Bronco Need help! Service 4x4 system after Procal tire size change! 1686936069045

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,ā€˜21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess I am missing something right in front of me. How did you relearn the AWD using the Procal if you remember

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess I am missing something right in front of me. How did you relearn the AWD using the Procal if you remember
Welp, found it. Right in front of me. šŸ«„

Still didnā€™t help though. Anything lower than 556 revs/mile I get the Advancetrac error, relearning the AWD is not fixing it. Not a huge issue 556 is only off 3mph at 80.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welp, found it. Right in front of me. šŸ«„

Still didnā€™t help though. Anything lower than 556 revs/mile I get the Advancetrac error, relearning the AWD is not fixing it. Not a huge issue 556 is only off 3mph at 80.
Figured it out. 556 revs/mile or 2893 circumference is the max.
Sponsored