BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome to hear. All the photos I am seeing from peoples reports, the tops are up! Thought maybe there was a rule about having them down. Good to know...thanks.
Yup I think all you have to do is ask the instructor I’m sure it’s fine
Sponsored

BL2.7SAS4DR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be there on 10/8 as well. We're staying at Planet Hollywood since they have free parking for our rental car.

Tmkimler

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2021 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome to hear. All the photos I am seeing from peoples reports, the tops are up! Thought maybe there was a rule about having them down. Good to know...thanks.
I did Nevada last Saturday and it was a perfect 80 degrees or so. Almost everyone had their soft top open and I was able to talk the guides into letting me take off the front row of the MIC top. They don’t have the bags for them so I couldn’t leave in the back but we set them near a close by building.

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did Nevada last Saturday and it was a perfect 80 degrees or so. Almost everyone had their soft top open and I was able to talk the guides into letting me take off the front row of the MIC top. They don’t have the bags for them so I couldn’t leave in the back but we set them near a close by building.
Thanks for the info...good to know. I'll be out there Oct 2. Can't wait !!

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went to the Nevada Off-Roadeo on Thursday and it was incredible! Took my mom so we could spend some time together and learn. Neither one of us have ever driven off road more than a gravel fire road. I know we have plenty of these write-up but here’s one more and some pics to kill some time haha.

First off getting to experience the Bronco’s first hand under top notch instructions is so valuable and makes the wait easier. Even though my spec is dang near $60k after driving the vehicle for hours I believe the price will be worth it.

The instructors were great and really were the cherry on top to the whole experience. The food was phenomenal too!

For the day I was there there were 4 parties of drivers. We got 3 SAS Badlands and 1 SAS OBX. My mom and I were in a SAS Badlands mid-package.

The terrain at Nevada is mostly slow speed rock crawling. Which was great for me because as a newbie that genre is the most intimidating. But the Broncos are well equipped and we all got through everything pretty easily. I now know how/when to use the SBD, front & rear lockers, trail control, one pedal driving, and manual modes.

It was one thing reading about these features, and another putting them into practice. It all makes WAY more sense to me now. I was so worried about lifting tires from reading the SLA vs IFS arguments from years back haha. But even when the tires lift the Bronco can keep going thanks to the lockers. Best part is you can set them independently whenever needed.

The instructors taught technique over technology which was extremely helpful. So I got to practice modulating the gas/brakes myself AND using the Bronco’s assist features. I feel comfortable using both ways now.

All in all it was a GREAT time and I’d like to do it again at a diff site to try more types of terrain. Well worth every penny!

Now to the best part, the pics haha

AE9CF6ED-1D5B-4665-8984-5EC1FACB177B.jpeg

D0BEF3C3-4326-4C46-85A9-32EF33EC215A.jpeg

E310E34D-F7CB-42EA-AA1A-D20C9320452D.jpeg

87A60384-410D-4A21-9C2C-8F0686F87819.jpeg

1A166B93-0BA1-4059-A357-EBBADAACB0C0.jpeg

C406B8B3-51F4-4801-A589-4611974BEC4F.jpeg

38D49317-5AB9-47B1-8E47-3E2BEF8A5E09.jpeg

91B96F04-71FD-4FAA-8EE2-43C285A270FA.jpeg

3F6BECFE-FFF2-4AC1-9DD9-50F3C5F57076.jpeg

3517DCB8-AC9A-44B4-9434-9E9566E5E082.jpeg

D2D81196-F14A-4E01-9DCD-6D55C9E47BD1.jpeg
Wow, thanks for all this great information (I have been a fan of your posting throughout Bronco6g connections, thanks for your contributions). I am going to Vegas Off Roadeo on October 31, Halloween . . . so I expect it will be a "scary" time regardless, lol.

I am into auto racing, but like you I am a newbie to four-wheeling, so it really helps to hear about your time there. Sounds like it's super fun, but more importantly a solid learning experience. I did not know that participants get a chance to be spotters, that will be cool and useful! I attend the SEMA show every year so I am combining my Off Roadeo experience with my business trip SEMA . . . kills two birds with one stone.

By the way, you have one cool mom to be going with you to Bronco Off Roadeo, that's great!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoBoy22

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, thanks for all this great information (I have been a fan of your posting throughout Bronco6g connections, thanks for your contributions). I am going to Vegas Off Roadeo on October 31, Halloween . . . so I expect it will be a "scary" time regardless, lol.

I am into auto racing, but like you I am a newbie to four-wheeling, so it really helps to hear about your time there. Sounds like it's super fun, but more importantly a solid learning experience. I did not know that participants get a chance to be spotters, that will be cool and useful! I attend the SEMA show every year so I am combining my Off Roadeo experience with my business trip SEMA . . . kills two birds with one stone.

By the way, you have one cool mom to be going with you to Bronco Off Roadeo, that's great!
Appreciate the love man! You’re gonna do great and you’re gonna love it! Especially since you’re going to SEMA too!!

If you get some time do a write up after I’d love to see how it goes for ya. How awesome will it be that right after it you get to see all the cool new off road parts you might want on your Bronco? That’s the dream right there!

And thanks man my mom is pretty awesome I am blessed. She had a blast!

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Appreciate the love man! You’re gonna do great and you’re gonna love it! Especially since you’re going to SEMA too!!

If you get some time do a write up after I’d love to see how it goes for ya. How awesome will it be that right after it you get to see all the cool new off road parts you might want on your Bronco? That’s the dream right there!

And thanks man my mom is pretty awesome I am blessed. She had a blast!
Thanks, and you bet I'll return to post about my experience. I will endeavor to also include some pics of Broncos at SEMA if possible (although I have to believe that several BN members will be at SEMA and will likewise be posting photos!) . . . and yes, I am sure there will be cool mods on display. Thanks again!

Tellsnow

Base
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm in SoCal and plan to eventually do the Vegas Off-Roadeo so I appreciate that write up and the pics! Dope that you did it with your mom, I plan to take my pops. Looking forward to it.
Sponsored