D0ZZ

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bumping this thread to see if anyone else has been able to get their tailgate fixed. Picked up our 2Dr a week ago and noticed pretty bad alignment, such that the tailgate rubs on the plastic piece.

I tried to adjust the tail light over but it does not have much adjustment in it. The painted plastic piece clips into the tail light mounting bracket and has no adjustment that I can see either. Not sure if a trip to the dealer would be able to fix this. Any thoughts?

Ford Bronco New bronco with..... tailgate rubbing against body panel 😢 2022-11-12_15-07-59_IMG_1071.JPG

Ford Bronco New bronco with..... tailgate rubbing against body panel 😢 2022-11-12_15-04-55_IMG_1069.JPG
Sponsored

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Wildtrak did the same thing when I go it. I resolved it (unknowingly) when I installed my OEM tow harness. After removing the tail light to make the connections when I put it back together it was fixed. I assume that the bracket that holds it in place was slightly tilted and I reinstalled it straight. It was actually fairly easy.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bumping this thread to see if anyone else has been able to get their tailgate fixed. Picked up our 2Dr a week ago and noticed pretty bad alignment, such that the tailgate rubs on the plastic piece.
It's not the tailgate it's the plastic trim piece and/or the light itself is not mounted correctly. I had removed my taillight and after re-installing it mine was misaligned too. Took it back off and realized the light wasn't seated correctly. Should be a quick fix with basic tools.

D0ZZ

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's not the tailgate it's the plastic trim piece and/or the light itself is not mounted correctly. I had removed my taillight and after re-installing it mine was misaligned too. Took it back off and realized the light wasn't seated correctly. Should be a quick fix with basic tools.
Ahh okay this is helpful. I only loosened the taillight bolts but did not fully remove them. I will remove the tail light fully and then reseat it and see if that helps things. Thanks!

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I tried to adjust the tail light over but it does not have much adjustment in it. The painted plastic piece clips into the tail light mounting bracket and has no adjustment that I can see either. Not sure if a trip to the dealer would be able to fix this. Any thoughts?

Ford Bronco New bronco with..... tailgate rubbing against body panel 😢 2022-11-12_15-04-55_IMG_1069.JPG

Dealer did mine for free took couple minutes.
Sponsored