First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully shipping will be back to normal by the time Broncos hit the ground. Right now its a NIGHTMARE, prices are high and even then things are really hard to get moved. Buying program cars locally (around 250 miles), last year $200-250/car would get them to you in a couple days. Last programs I got it was $400 and took over 2 weeks. Broker I used said its because of the extra $600 unemployment none of the drivers are running since they can make more staying home, so after it ends this week, things might get back to normal, and shipping better be normal by next summer or I'm going to need to find either a new line of work or stock in Crown Royal.

I'd be surprised if you could get full loads put together, I just don't see enough volume, especially when you figure they'll arrive at all different times to get them hauled together. But getting full loads isn't that important (slightly cheaper that way) shipping one at a time isn't a big deal, we've done lots of specialty vehicles over the years and, yes, you need to plan for it to take a couple weeks scheduling before they find a truck to pick it up and a week for shipping, so I'd rough estimate 3 weeks to the coasts (some will be longer, some will get picked up first day if a trucks in the area head that way with an empty spot), but in the scheme of the wait is nothing.
Sponsored

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

First Edition. No email yet.

Has anyone with a First Edition reserved gotten an email?

Sponsored

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am still not seeing this or anything about 10/31 from the ford reservation FAQS
"

Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?

Customers may reach out to Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375 for assistance in updating their dealer selection. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer's reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.

"
I noticed that as well. It’s odd for them to update the FAQ with this information but not include the deadline that was included in the email. Many people wouldn’t know about the deadline since it appears several individuals didn’t get the email.

Unless Ford once again changed their mind about the deadline and that’s why they stopped sending the emails and didn’t include the deadline in the FAQ?

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I lived in Oahu for 3 years, shipping to the islands isn't cheap but can guarantee you that all the dealers there will charge crazy ADM unless things have changed since I left so you'll still come out ahead than buying local!
Yeah I saw last year when the jeep gladiator came out A dealership on Maui had added on $10,000 to the sticker price! I’m just trying to figure out how I’m going to do this because by time my Bronco is built I will already be living in Hawaii.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am hoping you are correct, however, Granger has stated that they will be working with customers on shipping. So correct, shipping can be arranged by the buyer, but is not a given in this case should Granger provide a competitive price.
I have not seen anything from Granger that indicates they will actually assume reponsibilty for shipping but maybe I missed it. They are already making very little on these sales. I think they mean they are going to assit you, which could include using volume discounts through Granger and obviously includes them coordinating with the shipper on their end. Regardless of that, the process will be the same, freight forwarders will be utilized to ship the cars, it’s the only efficient way to ship these to so many different locations. Granger will not be running their “own” trucks, it’s not possible.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully shipping will be back to normal by the time Broncos hit the ground. Right now its a NIGHTMARE, prices are high and even then things are really hard to get moved. Buying program cars locally (around 250 miles), last year $200-250/car would get them to you in a couple days. Last programs I got it was $400 and took over 2 weeks. Broker I used said its because of the extra $600 unemployment none of the drivers are running since they can make more staying home, so after it ends this week, things might get back to normal, and shipping better be normal by next summer or I'm going to need to find either a new line of work or stock in Crown Royal.
Fascinating, thanks for sharing

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not seen anything from Granger that indicates they will actually assume reponsibilty for shipping but maybe I missed it. They are already making very little on these sales. I think they mean they are going to assit you, which could include using volume discounts through Granger and obviously includes them coordinating with the shipper on their end. Regardless of that, the process will be the same, freight forwarders will be utilized to ship the cars, it’s the only efficient way to ship these to so many different locations. Granger will not be running their “own” trucks, it’s not possible.
You are correct I will have a person dedicated to making the arrangements as needed.

Love to have each and every person in the store that can but we do understand logistics and life happen.

Sponsored

scrapple

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

anyone try calling this number yet? just to see if its legit?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where to start with this one … have you seen the number of folks that have a reservation in at Granger? And if you have, then you would have also noticed that a majority of these reservations are from out of state. Sure, at the beginning, things may be manageable, but then there are factors that will eventually build up. Trucks coming in will need to go through a dealership inspection. Inbound customers will need to be seen to in regards to their vehicle. Paperwork to be completed taking more time into the process. Then those trucks that end up with some kind of small issue will need to be addressed, which will then be put back into the mix with the other trucks still arriving. If you have ever had a vehicle delivered, then you would understand the process of how long that takes. Is Granger using a dedicated service? How many delivery trucks do they have? How long will it take to line a driver up for a delivery and to then load the vehicle up? I’m in GA and can pretty much guess that it will take a driver a week to and from. And if the service is smart, they will try to find some business of hauling something back from GA to some point along the way back up to IA. Not only to make an additional profit, but not to waste a trip empty handed and wasting resources. What about a truck that now needs to be delivered to KS, TX, MN, CO or AL??? All the while … more Bronco’s are still arriving in IA! Even Granger stated they are creating a team to address the customers Bronco needs.

So, my question back to you is …. Why wouldn’t a dealer, such as Granger, not be flooded with trucks??? I do hope you’re correct. As for me, I wouldn’t want to assume, or guess, that things will just be A-OK and then get caught with my pants down … so to speak. Cheers
Customer build, place in line and available transport come to mind. The same plant also builds the Ranger, so those need to ship also. If they ship by rail, there can be many delays between the Ford plant and dealer lot.

Danikagillian

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't get an email but I just called to switch my dealer to Granger Ford, but Ford marketing is currently closed. I left a voicemail, so hopefully I can get it switched to Granger tomorrow. ?

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Strange how some people have emails and some don’t, do we know if this is even legit?

I know I sound insane but why the delay.

Not panicking about my order or anything but this Is odd.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.