First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just don’t get being such a Debbie downer. I have been the first to say I will take my happy ass to the CJDR dealership and trade in my JK wrangler for a JL Rubicon THE VERY DAY the Bronco is revealed if it sucks. All this hype, secrecy, etc is for 2 reasons as my friend said: it’s either because the Bronco sucks, or its insanely good. They wouldn’t do this if it was going to be mediocre. And all those among us who are willing to give us small hints here and there have been very clear that the Bronco is worth the wait, ford themselves have said it. Hell if $F fucks up the Bronco I’ll be the first to buy some long dated puts on their stock because it will be obvious they’re going bankrupt if they ruin one of their oldest and most important nameplates.

But I’ll be the first to give them the benefit of the doubt since they’ve been designing awesome shit recently; GT350/500, Raptor, ranger raptor, ST SUV’s, etc. if they prove me wrong and all these “insiders” are paid shills hyping up nothing then I’ll eat a sock live on camera. How about that? Put it in your pipe and smoke it.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got to be the hero for a long time, when info was genuinely sparse and speculation was rampant. Keeping the facts straight and answering the same handful of questions over and over hundreds of times was a chore but I wanted to see the community thrive. There were a few other Bronco forums that pupped up around the same time this one did ... where did they go?

If I have to become the villain in order to get real answers from Ford, so be it. I'm not here to win a popularity contest. Sometimes pandering and groveling does not get you what you want.
I always appreciate your input, for better or worse. But if you think you can troll Ford into releasing a specs early more power too ya. I also think its fair to say that in general (at least in this thread) the enthusiasm for that video was a far cry from pandering and groveling. After all, one can only be so excited while looking at the face of frankenranger.

Last edited:

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
IFS is a deal breaker for me. It tells me that the Bronco is not a JL competitor. The solid axle Jeep can do anything and everything that any IFS equipped vehicle can do, but an IFS vehicle cannot do everything and go anywhere a solid front axle vehicle can go.

I am a Ford man. I have owned two Broncos. One brand new ('89 Eddie Bauer), and a 1990 Eddie Bauer that I restored about 5 or 6 years ago. I have been so excited about the new Bronco that I have searched the internet every day for new info. I am sadly disappointed to learn that this vehicle will not be everything I had hoped for.

This vehicle was presented as the vehicle to knock Jeep off the top of the hill but apparently it will struggle just to get up the hill. This (IFS) might be good for high speed desert running, but unfortunately there are no deserts in SC. However we do have lots of bumpy trails.
What "lots of bumpy trails" are you finding in south carolina that an IFS rig isnt more than capable enough of handling?

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IFS is a deal breaker for me. It tells me that the Bronco is not a JL competitor. The solid axle Jeep can do anything and everything that any IFS equipped vehicle can do, but an IFS vehicle cannot do everything and go anywhere a solid front axle vehicle can go.

I am a Ford man. I have owned two Broncos. One brand new ('89 Eddie Bauer), and a 1990 Eddie Bauer that I restored about 5 or 6 years ago. I have been so excited about the new Bronco that I have searched the internet every day for new info. I am sadly disappointed to learn that this vehicle will not be everything I had hoped for.

This vehicle was presented as the vehicle to knock Jeep off the top of the hill but apparently it will struggle just to get up the hill. This (IFS) might be good for high speed desert running, but unfortunately there are no deserts in SC. However we do have lots of bumpy trails.
Meet me out back, ten minutes! JK but if you want to post in that dedicated thread I would be more than willing to discuss it with you. Believe it or not this is not such a black and white subject

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What "lots of bumpy trails" are you finding in south carolina that an IFS rig isnt more than capable enough of handling?
Maybe like the ones down in Patagonia? :dance:

Ford Bronco New Full Length Official Bronco Prototype Testing Video Screenshot_20191201-075615_Chrome

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just don’t get being such a Debbie downer. I have been the first to say I will take my happy ass to the CJDR dealership and trade in my JK wrangler for a JL Rubicon THE VERY DAY the Bronco is revealed if it sucks. All this hype, secrecy, etc is for 2 reasons as my friend said: it’s either because the Bronco sucks, or its insanely good. They wouldn’t do this if it was going to be mediocre. And all those among us who are willing to give us small hints here and there have been very clear that the Bronco is worth the wait, ford themselves have said it. Hell if $F fucks up the Bronco I’ll be the first to buy some long dated puts on their stock because it will be obvious they’re going bankrupt if they ruin one of their oldest and most important nameplates.

But I’ll be the first to give them the benefit of the doubt since they’ve been designing awesome shit recently; GT350/500, Raptor, ranger raptor, ST SUV’s, etc. if they prove me wrong and all these “insiders” are paid shills hyping up nothing then I’ll eat a sock live on camera. How about that? Put it in your pipe and smoke it.
I like this attitude towards it. Let them prove themselves first. There's a third possibility though to why so much "secrecy". Maybe it isn't really secrecy but just instead, a lack of proper public communication... Ford might really just be so caught up right now in their management shakeup and other political/legal issues that they don't have the executive level manpower and bandwidth to put forth the strategy/thinking required to decide which information to release, when to do it, and in what way without jeapordizing the project and ruin their stance against Jeep. With the power vacuum, there might just not be anyone with enough power, balls, and know how to do it right, so they are all playing conservatively and being politically savvy. It might not be a)terrible or b)earth shattering... Might be in between

Hopefully the new top brass takes the helm and steers the public image

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

I give Ford credit for coming out with a removable top (and probably doors) 4x4, that also seems like it's going to be fairly rugged. Look what happened to the so called Defender, the top can no longer be removed. (I'm also a Land Rover guy (1972 Series III 88), and the new lux Defender doesn't do much for me.)

I'm hoping the new Bronco is to the old Bronco, what the current Wrangler JL is to it's earlier versions. That would be ideal in my book. Yep I'd like SFA, but could live with IFS. My old Land Rover has SFA, but the short front leaf springs while helping with approach angle, kind of limit the front travel. The front travel is nothing to write home about. Good travel with the rear axle can make up for some of the lacking front.

Hey I'm just glad to have (knock on wood) lived long enough to soon see the new Bronco. Feels like a long wait.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I give Ford credit for coming out with a removable top (and probably doors) 4x4, that also seems like it's going to be fairly rugged. Look what happened to the so called Defender, the top can no longer be removed. (I'm also a Land Rover guy (1972 Series III 88), and the new lux Defender doesn't do much for me.)

I'm hoping the new Bronco is to the old Bronco, what the current Wrangler JL is to it's earlier versions. That would be ideal in my book. Yep I'd like SFA, but could live with IFS. My old Land Rover has SFA, but the short front leaf springs while helping with approach angle, kind of limit the front travel. The front travel is nothing to write home about. Good travel with the rear axle can make up for some of the lacking front.

Hey I'm just glad to have (knock on wood) lived long enough to soon see the new Bronco. Feels like a long wait.
The Bronco has been in production for about 7 months of my life.

I’m excited to see that number start ticking up again.
Sponsored