Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Stampede keeps it real, I haven’t been on here as long as others and can definitely tell there are a lot of fan boys on here just based on the reactions from “official ford” news even if it contradicts what rumor got them all excited the week before.
For the loyalists and enthusiasts on here that have been following the Bronco for years, are you really surprised by the official news? To me Nothing is shocking yet, other than we are finally getting close to seeing the final product.
Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stampede keeps it real, I haven’t been on here as long as others and can definitely tell there are a lot of fan boys on here just based on the reactions from “official ford” news even if it contradicts what rumor got them all excited the week before.
For the loyalists and enthusiasts on here that have been following the Bronco for years, are you really surprised by the official news? To me Nothing is shocking yet, other than we are finally getting close to seeing the final product.
My perspective is often skewed here because what I know, and what you know, and even what I know you know are all different. Maybe I come on too overbearing on the debbie downers, I am obviously biased toward the Bronco... I have high expectations too!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate @Stampede.Offroad’s input and understand holding Fords feet to the fire here.

However, this is just marketing and you can look at this both ways. On one hand it shows they are testing it well. A legit off-road racer that races in both Baja and KOH. Even if going fast isn’t your thing this is a good way to test it. He said things like the “industry doesn’t know what’s coming”, “he knows some of the inside things”. Video shows this is no mini van.

On the other hand yes he said things about taking it out on the weekends and family stuff but again that’s just marketing.

So basically this is a glass half full or empty thing but it really only shows us that at least they are testing it hard with people that know what they are doing. That’s about all I got out of this video. No reason to get too high or too down. I get it though. I want a capable trail rig that competes with Jeep. We have yet to see this but it’s still early and that back end looks really impressive to me.
These hints and drops of info are becoming to be like Chinese water torture. We need more!
Ford Bronco New Full Length Official Bronco Prototype Testing Video giphy

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I feel like the ifs vs sfa debate is overblown for 90% of us. There will be a few of you with the trails and experience to actually notice and/or need the difference. The rest of us will be served just fine. This is a marketing video, but it shows Ford really is testing the crap out of this thing. Can't be mad at that

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My perspective is often skewed here because what I know, and what you know, and even what I know you know are all different.
Ford has benefited a ton from you being active on the forum...they should give you at least 2% off on your new Bronc

I feel like the ifs vs sfa debate is overblown for 90% of us.
Amen bro...Now - it it only came in Colors!!

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford has benefited a ton from you being active on the forum...they should give you at least 2% off on your new Bronc

Amen bro...Now - it it only came in Colors!!
I wonder if Ford has to pay royalties for 50 Shades of Grey.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like the ifs vs sfa debate is overblown for 90% of us. There will be a few of you with the trails and experience to actually notice and/or need the difference. The rest of us will be served just fine. This is a marketing video, but it shows Ford really is testing the crap out of this thing. Can't be mad at that
This hits the nail on the head. There are a ton of people taking their IFS 4runners and Tacoma's pretty far off the beaten path and that's with IFS and usually no more than 33s. If they sell an option with 35s and decent articulation, they'll already be way ahead of the game.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So let me start this off by saying sorry for getting everyone's feathers ruffled by my statement which then someone decided to take it the wrong way, as my intent was just to make some conversation about how I was reading between the lines just to make an inference to the Bronco getting a SFA in some way.

so to be more specific I went back and did what I should have done in the first place. at 1:08 Mr. Lovell states "The whole industry doesn't know what's coming yet, they don't know what they have in Bronco. I know some of the inside things and I'm so excited about it" Now to me this is coming from Brad Lovell, KOH competitor driving a SFA FORD for years. If I am correct last year it looked like an Escape body grafted onto his Amsoil Hammer car. So yes you can build anything for KOH that is the unlimited class, the lower classes have restrictions on the modifications one can do to their car. So more to my point is that reading between the lines and Brad says he has been working with Ford for the past few years in R&D for the Bronco for them and he is a SFA racer I'm sure he put the bug in their ear about giving it a SFA. " I know some inside things and I'm excited about it", he said. I think he is abusing the IFS model to make it survive the general public abuse but knowing in the back of his head Ford is going to release a SFA variant to make it enthusiast friendly. I will not go into the SFA vs. IFS thing here, there is a thread for that, and I am not saying one is better than the other I just think we are going to get two variants of the Bronco.

here is how I look at it …………...….

I purchased a 97 TJ, NO ABS, a distributor in the engine for timing (not coil packs), I can start it in gear if I chose, just the basics, by 99 most of this was gone. When I need parts most of the time they list them from 99-06 leaving 97, 98 model year with their own specific parts. Now I apply this thinking to Ford and the Bronco. If I worked at Ford, being an enthusiast, I would build say 20,000 of the first 100,000 units as a SFA, ( just trying to make a point numbers are not my strong point) then if I still have 15,000 SFA units still available a year later then just scale back production and you will have your answer. People don't want SFA. simple as that. I don't see that happening I think you will sell out of SFA. then decide how to move forward. Up SFA production or keep it the same etc. Bronco is gonna be huge so what's a little loss in the begining just to see if the need/want is there. FCA bought jeep and restyled the YJ into the TJ and it took off(97/98) so they made it more for the masses(99-06).

I am having a hard time thinking Ford would offer the SFA as a Ford Performance upgrade, going from IFS to SFA is a little more difficult than just selling a kit to upgrade, the link setup will require welding of brackets. I would not want the local, fresh 'outta high school, not dry behind the ears, young person learning the finer points of chassis fabrication on my new Bronco. Just for the record. Much better and easier to just start when building the frames to give them the correct bracketry then.

Ok enough of my long winded ramble .........…........ off to the SFA vs. IFS thread in the suspension section to tackle the question of which is better and why.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if I got the right one, this is some video to show that not all trails are peaches and cream. I'm sure an IFS can do a lot of this also this is just to show some of you the trails that are in this great country of ours, they are not all dusty trails. The first few minutes really show how articulation is needed. These are natural rock gardens in PA. I have this same landscape at my cabin that borders 55,000 acres of state forest. Trails like this are everywhere around here.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
if I got the right one, this is some video to show that not all trails are peaches and cream. I'm sure an IFS can do a lot of this also this is just to show some of you the trails that are in this great country of ours, they are not all dusty trails. The first few minutes really show how articulation is needed. These are natural rock gardens in PA. I have this same landscape at my cabin that borders 55,000 acres of state forest. Trails like this are everywhere around here.

Same. I lived in Colorado for a decade, and on most off-road trails rarely took the tcase out of 4low. That means I was not flying around at 40mph+ off-road. Also in Moab on the slick rock, and old logging roads in Wisconsin and Upper Michigan. Not flying around at 40mph+. Mostly I'll be watching to see how well the new Bronco performs on technical trails that require 4low.
Sponsored