First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was checking on the ADV thread and on the last page Chase has a video on his Raptor and it has a different Ford top. It looks like a Jeep top from inside.
Has Ford changed manufactures?
Sponsored

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think the mod tops are being made by a different manufacturer (heritage editions and the new raptor top) everything else is the same

OP
OP

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
It looked a lot better than the standard top. I wonder who makes it?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think it's just that specific top for the Raptor black out. I don't think it's all the tops unfortunately. Would be nice if Ford had learned from their mistake and switched. But the idea that the windows were able to be removed and the back is also accessory ready is interesting, but what accessories do you need at the back window???

Sponsored

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m expecting all 2025 models will switch to this new manufacturer. Part of the refresh.
I'll believe that when I see it.

I can see them using it for their more premium models, but I find it hard to believe they will use that on all models. It looks like a significant upgrade in quality.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll believe that when I see it.

I can see them using it for their more premium models, but I find it hard to believe they will use that on all models. It looks like a significant upgrade in quality.
See. It worked. Ford made a sub-par component for a $40-90k vehicle and yā€™all just accept it like it is. Iā€™m a lucky one with a solid MIC w/o issues. But, truth of the matter is the standard top SHOULD be this level of quality.

I should have reworded that. I assume theyā€™ll still have a MIC. Perhaps made by this new manufacturing plant. But, theyā€™ll have the upgraded MOD available as an option. Iā€™m wagering to bet the MOD tops that came out on the Heritage the past two years are NOT what they intended to release. But, they were in a pickle and needed to get SOMETHING out. Behind the scenes they continued to work on the ideal version of the topā€¦which is what you see here. Just my speculation.

Sponsored

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
See. It worked. Ford made a sub-par component for a $40-90k vehicle and yā€™all just accept it like it is. Iā€™m a lucky one with a solid MIC w/o issues. But, truth of the matter is the standard top SHOULD be this level of quality.

I should have reworded that. I assume theyā€™ll still have a MIC. Perhaps made by this new manufacturing plant. But, theyā€™ll have the upgraded MOD available as an option. Iā€™m wagering to bet the MOD tops that came out on the Heritage the past two years are NOT what they intended to release. But, they were in a pickle and needed to get SOMETHING out. Behind the scenes they continued to work on the ideal version of the topā€¦which is what you see here. Just my speculation.
Accepted it?

I just know how corporations work. Not saying they shouldn't make it the standard, but they won't.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

widdle wadder

Ford Bronco New hard top manufacturer? 3A6IUbA
I get that with the Gobi rack, which is available for the Bronco, you can get a ladder...but it attaches externally, not internally. The accessory ready points are internal. I'm still not seeing it...
Sponsored