Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I figure the 2.3L makes about the same HP/TQ as my 351W in my 74'.:cry:(y)
Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are the higher numbers with 91? 93?

Even the regular fuel numbers are up over the initial ones. I don't think either engine, no matter how you fuel it, is going to have any issues moving along.
The SAE standard uses 93. Here in Kalifornia all we have normally is 91. I'll def put 91 in it and higher when found I never understand people who try to save $2-3 a tank by using crappy gas if they just spent 50k on a new car......

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I ran 92/93 in my f150 so works for me

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to same the MPG figures with regular and premium fuel with sasquatch and automatic.

got_G.O.A.T.?

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The SAE standard uses 93. Here in Kalifornia all we have normally is 91. I'll def put 91 in it and higher when found I never understand people who try to save $2-3 a tank by using crappy gas if they just spent 50k on a new car......
I don't get it either. Some of my friends and family will drive miles out of the way to save 3-5 cents per gallon. Most of them aren't even saving a dollar per tank. When I tell them they burn most of that savings driving to a further station, they just look at me like I'm crazy. Whatever makes them happy, I guess. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Difference here is around 50 cents between regular and premium, so a 2 door has a 16.9 tank would put it close to $8.50 every fill up. A 2 door squatch is going to be lucky to break 20 mpg so maybe 300 miles a tank and I'm lucky my commute isn't long and isn't allot of stop and go. The extra money isn't going to hurt me but I'll probably still test it out to see if it's worth the extra cost or even discernable.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the higher numbers with 91? 93?

Even the regular fuel numbers are up over the initial ones. I don't think either engine, no matter how you fuel it, is going to have any issues moving along.
Had to do some sluthing but...

From https://www.sae.org/certifiedpower/data/
J1349Ford2.3L GTDI2015 Mustang (w/Manual Transmission) – 98 RON Fuel
and
Octane rating conversions
EURO RONUS (R+M)/2
From https://www.google.com/search?q=98+...1.69i57j0l9.5010j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
*Forgot one
Ford Bronco NEW HORSEPOWER / TORQUE SPECS for 2021 Bronco 2.3L and 2.7L 1620432473098

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
China’s greenhouse emissions exceed every developed nation combined. COMBINED.
Also, pet dander and mowing your lawn are a lot more likely to cause an asthma attack. Reducing emissions is great, but it’s not going to eradicate global warming or allergies.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow. Pretty close in numbers vs the previous gen Explorer ST which was a 6.0 second 0-60. If Bronco is close to that... yeah that’s pretty damn quick for an SUV

The 2.7 base non squatch 2 door with some decent tires might be one of the best sleepers of all time.
No doubt. Everyone on here hates the street truck thing, but i would love to see what could be done with that setup. Bronco lightning would be kinda fun. I would love to have both the BD i ordered and a base 2 door that was setup for the street. No 20s or lowering, just a 18 inch wheel/tire setup for the street that would stick.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Modern vehicles use a sensor to detect the RON of fuel in the tank (or blend), and re-map the ECU to run safely.
It doesn't re-map. That would be replacing the existing tune with a second tune that is stored on another part of the ECU.
The existing tune combined with the sensors has programing that pulls timing and boost to put the engine in a state that keeps the knock below a pre-programmed safe level.

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It doesn't re-map. That would be replacing the existing tune with a second tune that is stored on another part of the ECU.
The existing tune combined with the sensors has programing that pulls timing and boost to put the engine in a state that keeps the knock below a pre-programmed safe level.

Absolutely zero, unless the bronco is re-tuned.
For all intents and purposes for a thread this basic, the concept of variables and specifics is overkill.

FWIW: I used to tune my evo using a 4-bar MAP sensor which is fairly close to standard (and drastically expanded) for static tuning, which is now how modern ECU tuning and variables work, but there were multiple sub-maps which could fail-safe to in given situations. Pretty sure OEM's are beyond that now....

It was fun to tune for each fuel though, especially once the MAP sensors allowed for real-time elevation adjustment. :)

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to this, 2.3t on Reg is 216whp auto/221 manual, and 236a/242m, while for the 2.7t, 248 reg/261 prem (4WD #'s)

Of course, take that with a bit of a grain of salt, it's a guestimator, but in general, if you get the crank hp #'s out of whp from dynoing, you're set.

Same #'s plugged in with rwd, be 227a/232m reg, 248a/254m super (2.3), and 261r/274s for the 2.7

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't think you understand what 90% of the tunes and mods are. But you do you...
Hey, I said I had no problem whatsoever with tuning to increase power. But I draw a hard line when your tune increases emissions. America is a free country, but you have absolutely no right to harm the health of your fellow citizens.
Sponsored