Sponsored

New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

B60325DE-BE19-47D4-BB94-B8A27D1EB7ED.png

This is great information and agree this photo gives an awesome perspective. Question for any golfers out there.... do we think we'll be able to put our clubs in the back of the 4 door and they'll lay flat? Probably have to place them at a 45 corner to corner. Anyone confirmed either way?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

B60325DE-BE19-47D4-BB94-B8A27D1EB7ED.png

This is great information and agree this photo gives an awesome perspective. Question for any golfers out there.... do we think we'll be able to put our clubs in the back of the 4 door and they'll lay flat? Probably have to place them at a 45 corner to corner. Anyone confirmed either way?
Now with the depth of just the cargo area, break out your Pythagorean theorem and we should be able to figure all this stuff out.

I'd do the math for you, but I have no idea how large a set of clubs is.

Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump Interior Cargo Dimensions

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump Interior Cargo Dimensions

The OP stated its 43 inches wide...

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The OP stated its 43 inches wide...
Makes sense. Need about 50" for clubs in the bag so that should work diagonally. 43" wide x 25 or 26 inches depth should get it. Thanks.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

::EDITED TO INCLUDE NEW INFO::

Hey guys.

I made a thing based on what we know as of this point.

Not pretty but I think it gets the point across.

Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump Cargo Dimensions

It's worth noting that some things I had to round a bit and I noted the distances that I felt personally comfortable relying on until we know for sure.

For instance, the back depth of the 2-door was measured by @Aman to be 20", but that was with the gate open, and I think judging by the situation, there's only about 18" of usable depth once the gate is closed...

That's why I put my name and the date on it because I'm sure eventually we'll have accurate numbers. (and also noted the difference between numbers provided by Ford vs. what we've figured out here.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FYI the diagonal of the load floor in the 4 door is 54" (not giving credit to the space above the hump), and that would need to be in the direction from front right to back left, given the bump out on the left side of the tailgate.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey guys.

I made a thing based on what we know as of this point.

Not pretty but I think it gets the point across.

View attachment 88251

It's worth noting that some things I had to round a bit and I noted the distances that I felt personally comfortable relying on until we know for sure.

For instance, the back depth of the 2-door was measured by @Aman to be 20", but that was with the gate open, and I think judging by the situation, there's only about 18" of usable depth once the gate is closed...

That's why I put my name and the date on it because I'm sure eventually we'll have accurate numbers. (and also noted the difference between numbers provided by Ford vs. what we've figured out here.)
I edited the title, and describe the change in the dimension in the first paragraph. Knocking this down from 32.6" to 32.3". So if you relay this to customers, you should be rounding to 32 not 33.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I edited the title, and describe the change in the dimension in the first paragraph. Knocking this down from 32.6" to 32.3". So if you relay this to customers, you should be rounding to 32 not 33.
Cool.

I'm going to update my notes!

Thanks!

(also, I don't have customers... I'm not Zach@Granger... ;) )

Last edited:

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
32.3” from face of tailgate to hump, plus another ~6” if you include the hump

EDIT: I am knocking off 1/3" from from 32.6" to 32.3". The hatch is 15.4" but includes a 1/3" bulge into the outer trim piece. So when you scale the perimeter of the cargo space, that 1:1 ratio is really 15.1", not 15.4". So 15.1 + 15.4 + 1.8 = 32.3"

Based on yesterday’s photos below of the 4 door cargo area, it looks like the cargo box hatch is identical on the 2 door and 4 door. Same size, same design around the pull strap, and it bows out a bit by the front, etc. no way Ford has two different hatches that look so similar....and VIOLA...we have a tape measured photo of the hatch on the 2 door. That’s the smoking gun. The hatch is 15.4” per the tape measure. Going back to the new 4 door photos, using a ruler tool in various places (not sure if perspective is throwing this off) but ruler had 2.8 units for the hatch and 2.8 units from hatch to hump. So the hatch looks to be exactly half the depth of the load floor. That’s 30.8”...plus the border by the tailgate. Going back to tape measure photo, the border between the hatch and tailgate is 1.8”. So from face of tailgate to hump is 32.6”. Consistent with others also estimating 33”. If you include the hump you pick up another 6” or so but lose some of that given the slope of the seat back.

Again not sure if the perspective is throwing me off since visually the hatch looks like a hair or two more than half the depth from hump to border, which means maybe we lose half an inch or so in total depth. But I’ll leave you guys to decide.

FYI we also have a tape measured width on the 2 door which is 43”. The height is estimated at 26” to top of seats (which is a few inches above the belt line). So excluding the space you pick up from the area over the hump, that’s 32.6 x 43 x 26 = 36,447 cubic inches or 21.1 cubic feet of usable cargo to top of seats. This may block a little of your view out the back window since the seats are slightly higher, but not much given the tire location. I’m giving no credit to the space past the hump, given the angle of the seats, and because you lose some space with the bump out on the left side of tailgate. So realistically, it’s slightly higher than 21.1 cubic feet. That’s pretty good. Bigger than an X5 if you do the math. The cargo is very shallow but you pick it back up in height.

This was the last missing link to place my order. Happy with the results since we previously estimated around 33”...reality is closer to 32” to be conservative, plus some added space over the hump. Probably averages 35-36” taking into account the hump and angle of the seat.
TL;DR:

The 4-door has a 15.7" longer wheelbase and is the same 15.7" longer overall, the legroom in the second row of either is the same so the extra space must be behind the seats. the 18" of the 2-door plus 15.7" = 33.7". Your long process says that was pretty close, especially if you always go conservative to be safe. 😄

In no way am I discounting your effort--great you were willing to do it. I'm just saying I wouldn't have had the motivation and would have just done 18 + 15.7 - 1. :LOL:

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@timhood
The difference is allocated to the width of the bigger hump on the 4 door compared to the 2 door. Which is not included in my 32.3" estimate. Just solidifies that 32" is more accurate. Here’s what I posted in zacks thread

Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump B6B989D4-4A64-41FD-B53A-2B555A264EEA

Last edited:
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@timhood

you prompted me to add more detail to this. Kind of eyeballing the photos with the rear brackets and sloped seats. But it feels like this....

FYI the 2 door is really 20” not 18” since that two inch border by the tailgate is usable space.

it you compare how this translates to the top of the seat to rear tailgate, you see how that added 15.7” you cited comes into play

Ford Bronco New photos = better idea of 4 door cargo dimensions. Est. 32.3” depth plus ~6” hump D4ACED13-6696-4182-B451-2A49F75B34D8

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@timhood
FYI the 2 door is really 20” not 18” since that two inch border by the tailgate is usable space.
You made my day with this. I assumed the tailgate would intrude that far and it wouldn't be usable. The cargo area is the only thing that I'm going to have occasional pangs about (I'll be fine ;) ) and now you've said it's 11% more than what I was expecting! 😄

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks. This isn’t set in stone though. Just an estimate