First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Observation after day-time driving: the headlight circuit that powers these grille markers doesn’t get powered on when headlight switch is in “Auto” and the DRLs are on, rather than the headlights. The auto-DRLs are a lot brighter than when the headlight switch is turned to parking lights, but when in parking lights setting, the grille markers are powered. In the auto setting, the grille markers do light up when the headlights come on automatically.
Good to know. Wonder if there is any (easy) way to wire them to come on with the DLRs. Only curious since I believe the backlights on my fog lights are on when the DRLs are on.

Excited for mine to arrive!
Sponsored

Last edited:

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Observation after day-time driving: the headlight circuit that powers these grille markers doesn’t get powered on when headlight switch is in “Auto” and the DRLs are on, rather than the headlights. The auto-DRLs are a lot brighter than when the headlight switch is turned to parking lights, but when in parking lights setting, the grille markers are powered. In the auto setting, the grille markers do light up when the headlights come on automatically.
That's what I was afraid of. I want them to be on anytime the bronco is in gear. I have a different set now that come on anytime the bronco's engine is running, and was thinking about changing to these if they functioned with the DRL's also when in gear in and during the daytime.

OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
specialtyperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor/Bronco/Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's what I was afraid of. I want them to be on anytime the bronco is in gear. I have a different set now that come on anytime the bronco's engine is running, and was thinking about changing to these if they functioned with the DRL's also when in gear in and during the daytime.
If you want the DRL connection, it is just a matter of moving the pin in the headlight adapter to that other location. I can try to look that up. You can PM me your contact info.

John

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That shouldn't be the case? Send me a PM with your name so I can look up your order.

John
I'm an idiot. I double checked, and I did receive the black friday deal. Sorry - I edited my earlier post accordingly.

I would, however, also be interested in the new pin location for the DRL connection. I will PM you my contact info too.

WildMike

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m interested in that setup too…please let me know, I’m waiting for my kit to arrive

Sponsored

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you want the DRL connection, it is just a matter of moving the pin in the headlight adapter to that other location. I can try to look that up. You can PM me your contact info.

John
Would the light still come on when they are wired to come on with the DRLs land still come on at night with the auto headlights? Or is it either or type of setup?

OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would the light still come on when they are wired to come on with the DRLs land still come on at night with the auto headlights? Or is it either or type of setup?
The standard way is with our headlight/marker adapter. So in the daytime, they would not be on. When its dusk, and the auto headlights come on. Or if you turn the parking light switch or headlights on. They would come on. Or when you lock the doors, they will flash with the parking lights. This is EXACTLY the way they function from Ford from the factory with the Raptor Bronco or F-150. That's why we set it up that way. So just like an actual Bronco Raptor, you can turn on the headlight or parking lights and turn them on during the day if you choose.

The Ford OEM marker lights in the Bronco Raptor and F-150 Raptor DO NOT turn on with the DRL's

So, in short. You CAN put them on that circuit by moving the pin in our headlight adapter to another location. I just need to double check my notes for that location. I can also give whoever wants that info the details on how to do it.

However, just keep in mind, if you want it to work like OEM, it will already do that and for those who want them on during the day, you can simply turn the parking lights on.

Unlike the vehicles of the past. You won't run your battery down if you forget your parking lights on or something. They will shut off after 20 min.

John

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The standard way is with our headlight/marker adapter. So in the daytime, they would not be on. When its dusk, and the auto headlights come on. Or if you turn the parking light switch or headlights on. They would come on. Or when you lock the doors, they will flash with the parking lights. This is EXACTLY the way they function from Ford from the factory with the Raptor Bronco or F-150. That's why we set it up that way. So just like an actual Bronco Raptor, you can turn on the headlight or parking lights and turn them on during the day if you choose.

The Ford OEM marker lights in the Bronco Raptor and F-150 Raptor DO NOT turn on with the DRL's

So, in short. You CAN put them on that circuit by moving the pin in our headlight adapter to another location. I just need to double check my notes for that location. I can also give whoever wants that info the details on how to do it.

However, just keep in mind, if you want it to work like OEM, it will already do that and for those who want them on during the day, you can simply turn the parking lights on.

Unlike the vehicles of the past. You won't run your battery down if you forget your parking lights on or something. They will shut off after 20 min.

John
Okay I've been brainstorming on this and is there a possibility that you can make a harness that woulf both have output leads for daytime running lights and the marker lights. I believe I can achieve what I'm looking to do if I had both leads in a harness and use a diode that only allows current to flow in One direction so there will be no back feed into the light circuit depending on which circuit is active. So basically it would take input from both the daytime running lamp circuit and the park light circuit and output one circuit to the marker lights in the grill.

download.jpeg.jpg

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay I've been brainstorming on this and is there a possibility that you can make a harness that woulf both have output leads for daytime running lights and the marker lights. I believe I can achieve what I'm looking to do if I had both leads in a harness and use a diode that only allows current to flow in One direction so there will be no back feed into the light circuit depending on which circuit is active. So basically it would take input from both the daytime running lamp circuit and the park light circuit and output one circuit to the marker lights in the grill.

download.jpeg.jpg
Interested in this!!

Also totally understand why SPV mirrors the OEM functionality.

I have my DIY kit powered by the AUX switches. So they currently run in the day. However they do not flash with the other marker lights which I would love. Your solution sounds like it’s the best of both worlds

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

John
great explanation. thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco New Product Announcement - SPV SMOKED Grille Marker Lights... download.jpe
So... technically, yes. We have some spare "Ready to assemble" kits and pins for when we run out or if we want to quickly create a new adapter. So you can just use 2 leads which are already produced instead of one.

However, I think either you or I might be missing the point in this scenario. Because if you have the DRL power to them, I believe you will basically just have power 24/7 as long as the ignition is on. So supplying it from both wires is redundant... unless for some reason the DRL connection goes dead when the headlights come on. Which I don't know that it does. If it doesn't then you don't need running light power.

If it does and your idea was to essentially keep them running day and night. Then a much simpler solution is a $5 fuse tap in the top of the fuse panel by the battery that has ignition power. Rather than a $50 adapter and extra diodes, etc to make power the entire time day and night that you are in the truck.

Thats why we have the stand alone option without headlight adapter. You can either connect that to a switch or a fuse tap. Which sounds more like what you want.

Thoughts?

John

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Delivered a few days ago, finally got around to installing them. Pretty straightforward install. Needs instructions for complete newbies. The badlands grill has a plastic piece on the back of the grill that's held in by 6-8 bolts, plus a couple of bolts that holds the front camera in. Also, I didn't end up using the included extension cable.
Ford Bronco New Product Announcement - SPV SMOKED Grille Marker Lights... IMG_5527

Ford Bronco New Product Announcement - SPV SMOKED Grille Marker Lights... IMG_5526

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So... technically, yes. We have some spare "Ready to assemble" kits and pins for when we run out or if we want to quickly create a new adapter. So you can just use 2 leads which are already produced instead of one.

However, I think either you or I might be missing the point in this scenario. Because if you have the DRL power to them, I believe you will basically just have power 24/7 as long as the ignition is on. So supplying it from both wires is redundant... unless for some reason the DRL connection goes dead when the headlights come on. Which I don't know that it does. If it doesn't then you don't need running light power.

If it does and your idea was to essentially keep them running day and night. Then a much simpler solution is a $5 fuse tap in the top of the fuse panel by the battery that has ignition power. Rather than a $50 adapter and extra diodes, etc to make power the entire time day and night that you are in the truck.

Thats why we have the stand alone option without headlight adapter. You can either connect that to a switch or a fuse tap. Which sounds more like what you want.

Thoughts?

John
Honestly I expected the DRL circuit to not be energized at the same time as the marker/main headlights and only provide power during vehicle in gear and when the auto headlights are not actively on. So yes I may be mistaken on this.

My end goal is for the lights to only be on when the bronco is out of park and moving during the day and all the time when the headlights are on automatically without having to turn a switch on.

OP
OP
SPVPARTS

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Delivered a few days ago, finally got around to installing them. Pretty straightforward install. Needs instructions for complete newbies. The badlands grill has a plastic piece on the back of the grill that's held in by 6-8 bolts, plus a couple of bolts that holds the front camera in. Also, I didn't end up using the included extension cable.
Ford Bronco New Product Announcement - SPV SMOKED Grille Marker Lights... IMG_5526

Yep. So we are shooting an install video today. So we will have that up soon. We just didn't want to hold anyone up that wanted a head start.

As far as the extension cable. Don't throw that out.
So that comes with all of our headlight adapters and what it is used for is to carry the parking light/running light power up to the switch area. So you can power amber or other backlights for your light bars, fog lights, A-Pillars, etc.

The reason we made it break/stop on the grille area was so you could add the grille lights at a later date (which is now) on the way up.

So if you add other lights with backlights. You will need your extension and then just a 2 way splitter to split right there where you have your grille lights plugged in.

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...see-details?_pos=1&_psq=splitter&_ss=e&_v=1.0

John

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered mine yesterday! Thank you for making this product. I have a DIY version that is 90% acceptable. BUT can’t beat the finish and function of SPV
Sponsored