Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford really messed up with those AUX switches by forcing you to have the Bronco on for them to work. Really hurts the effectiveness of wiring stuff like this up.

Sounds like on other models of Fords, they have some sort of switch that will allow at least a couple of the Aux switches to have power when the vehicle is off but they didn't include that with the Bronco.

Looking forward to the lights still.
Sponsored

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Posting up the video we shot yesterday again as it's getting lost mid-thread and covers a bunch of questions that are popping up! Super pumped for all of the interest and banter. We appreciate everyone's feedback and questions.

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Posting up the video we shot yesterday again as it's getting lost mid-thread and covers a bunch of questions that are popping up! Super pumped for all of the interest and banter. We appreciate everyone's feedback and questions.

May want to toss that in the original post as well.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That answers my question. So you’re using a door open signal to trigger the lights and not the OEM LIN bus. They will only turn on when a door is opened. Bummer. Sweet lights and mounting solution though.

I wired rock lights to my Aux #4 switch......similar location to the IAG spots...but mine have the opposite "problem"...they don't come on when I open the door....I have to have power to my Aux switches and then manually turn them on.

I want BOTH solutions....come on when door is open, AND can turn them on once inside..

So, @IAG Performance, you offer both options....come on when the door opens AND wired to an Aux....just to clarify, can you have BOTH options.?

EDITED: Never mind, your video covered that question. Thank you!

They'll come on when you open the door AND you can wire them to an Aux?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These look awesome. Do you sell a version, lens, or filter that can make the light red or amber to help preserve night vision?

That's why I did rock lights for my interior lights, can make them any color I want...red is great at night.

But I love IAG's solution of coming on when opening the door.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford really messed up with those AUX switches by forcing you to have the Bronco on for them to work. Really hurts the effectiveness of wiring stuff like this up.

Sounds like on other models of Fords, they have some sort of switch that will allow at least a couple of the Aux switches to have power when the vehicle is off but they didn't include that with the Bronco.

Looking forward to the lights still.

There is a post here somewhere that gives instructions on how to make some or all of the aux switches "alway hot."

I will be doing this so that my #4 switch is always hot, and it'll allow me to turn on my interior rock lights without needing power.

But still can't make them turn on when I open the doors.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wired rock lights to my Aux #4 switch......similar location to the IAG spots...but mine have the opposite "problem"...they don't come on when I open the door....I have to have power to my Aux switches and then manually turn them on.

I want BOTH solutions....come on when door is open, AND can turn them on once inside..

So, @IAG Performance, you offer both options....come on when the door opens AND wired to an Aux....just to clarify, can you have BOTH options.?

EDITED: Never mind, your video covered that question. Thank you!

They'll come on when you open the door AND you can wire them to an Aux?
Vid says yes, we can have both.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Vid says yes, we can have both.

So, really for me I just need to figure out how to tap into that door circuit and run a separate power switch to my rock lights. Then they'll come on then I open my door. (They won't dim like the IAG ones, but I get to choose any color I want.)

I"ll probably still buy the IAG ones though. Can never have enough lights.

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I have it right, these lights will turn on 1) when the door is opened, and 2) when the OEM interior lights are switched on at the front overhead switch, located ahead of the AUX switch bank. On my Badlands Lux, I can turn on one side only (left or right), or both left and right, depending on which button I press. So the IAG lights will turn on when I press any of those buttons?

I like them, but would like to see switches for individual lights. I have family members who like to read on long trips, and a light-specific switch (located on, or adjacent to, the light itself) would be great. She could read with that on, leaving the rest of the interior dark. Maybe the next version?

Edit: Perhaps I missed it in this long thread, but have you posted the price--even approximately?
Nope. The lights turn on when doors are opened, or you can wire them up to an aux switch. Unfortunately they have stated that these can’t be wired into dome lights so that they’ll come on when any of the dome light buttons are pressed.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope. The lights turn on when doors are opened, or you can wire them up to an aux switch. Unfortunately they have stated that these can’t be wired into dome lights so that they’ll come on when any of the dome light buttons are pressed.
They said that you can have both. But they are NOT wired to the dome light.

jdrenk75

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door Outer Banks SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We're excited to announce that we are nearly ready to release our Interior Dome Light Kit. We expect to begin shipping these kits by mid January. We're offering a special introductory price for early purchasers. As with our last releases, we prefer not to take your money until we have a product to deliver. When you click on the link below choose your vehicle and click "Notify Me When Available." We'll send you an automatic email as soon as the lights are ready to ship.

The IAG LED Dome Light Kit adds some much needed interior lighting to your 2 door or 4 door Bronco. (4 Door Hardtop Requires Additional Bracket) Designed to bolt to the existing hardware above each door, the super-bright LEDs shine directly down to provide just the right amount of light for your passengers. The included plug and play wiring harness makes installation easy, with just one wire to connect under the dash. Once installed, the lights work seamlessly with your OEM dome lights and even dim when turning off- just like stock! CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
IAG-ACC-F3150-01__67172.jpg

Here are a few videos from our prototype testing and development to give you an idea of the installation process and real world use. **Note that the prototype versions were prior to our development of the plug n play harness.

Will you make an option to add two more lights to this harness for the rear cargo area?

Jarhead

Badlands
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. I wonder why anyone would bother to create a new product these days? Some of the comments.....really? Can't we just be grateful for a much needed innovation without making them re-engineer it for every little desire?

Sorry, that was a rant.
I love the product - My question was not a complaint. It was a simple ask. Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way.

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Whoops thought we did that as well. Updated! Thank you. :)
still cant get the notify me bar to show up. I created an account, and its just wont show up...any ideas?
Sponsored