First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Posting up the video we shot yesterday again as it's getting lost mid-thread and covers a bunch of questions that are popping up! Super pumped for all of the interest and banter. We appreciate everyone's feedback and questions.

This is a fantastic video that answered a ton of questions! Great functionality. The only thing that would be better was if they were individually selectable on/off by the person sitting in their respective place in the cab.
Sponsored

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a fantastic video that answered a ton of questions! Great functionality. The only thing that would be better was if they were individually selectable on/off by the person sitting in their respective place in the cab.
id buy them right now if they had that function.

im looking forward to their dome light solution, though. It may negate the need for these lights while driving. Then id get them for the extra light when I opened the door

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is a post here somewhere that gives instructions on how to make some or all of the aux switches "alway hot."

I will be doing this so that my #4 switch is always hot, and it'll allow me to turn on my interior rock lights without needing power.

But still can't make them turn on when I open the doors.
Yeah I have that thread. The gists was that he found the switch 5 and 6 had a separate input so he used that to supply battery voltage.

But I believe there's a problem where the switches or lit up the whole time.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/akturbos-dirty-betty-build-done.41802/page-2

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello IAG,
Sorry this is a little off topic, but any chance you are working on a power distribution/relay box solution, such as the Rough Country MLC-6? I have recently tried to install these on our Broncos and they simply do not fit under the hood (with or without the liner in place). That company has terrible support and flat out lies about trying to find a solution. I would love a better solution even if it is a simple, but nicely packaged relay box/harness with no other electronics. I have bought multiple products from IAG and have had good experiences, so this is definitely another product that I would welcome.
Thank you.
i’ve had the ML-6 installed since April. Mine didn’t fit the first time either - flip the mount bracket around. it’s taller on one side. Hard to see when looking at it - but won’t clear the hood unless it’s oriented correctly. It’s similar to the SPOD I had in my Jeep, and makes wiring easier, handles bigger electrical loads, and works flawlessly.

Tabman10

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the input, but I am absolutely positive the bracket is oriented correctly. There are already a handful of people (and growing) number of people reporting the same issue. As a result, Rough Country has put a disclaimer on their website stating that the unit may not work with the hood liner in place, but I have tested it both ways (with and without liner, 2 different MLC-6s on 2 different vehicles) and there is still contact with the underside of the hood preventing proper closure. I suspect that there are more people who have experienced this issue, but slammed their hoods shut after installing - basically denting to fit.
The MLC-6 was (lazily) repurposed from offerings for other vehicles (Jeeps, trucks, etc) and does not fit all configurations (our 2 Broncos are Badlands 4Dr, 2.7L, Sas, Lux). I have had numerous communications with RC and they told me that they were sending info to R&D but then simply forgot about me. I contacted them to follow up and they acted like they never heard about it and tried to tell me to call a new rep and start all over. Eventually I got a response from the original contacts, and they simply told me to return the units (I bought 1 for each vehicle). I could live with that (even though I originally just asked for 2 new covers, so I could experiment with modifying like others have had to do), but the thing that shows Rough Country’s character is the fact that they are not even looking into a fix and continuing to market/sell these when they are well aware, from multiple complaints, that there are fitment issues and these are also likely damaging some peoples vehicles.
i’ve had the ML-6 installed since April. Mine didn’t fit the first time either - flip the mount bracket around. it’s taller on one side. Hard to see when looking at it - but won’t clear the hood unless it’s oriented correctly. It’s similar to the SPOD I had in my Jeep, and makes wiring easier, handles bigger electrical loads, and works flawlessly.

Sponsored

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We're excited to announce that we are nearly ready to release our Interior Dome Light Kit. We expect to begin shipping these kits by mid January. We're offering a special introductory price for early purchasers. As with our last releases, we prefer not to take your money until we have a product to deliver. When you click on the link below choose your vehicle and click "Notify Me When Available." We'll send you an automatic email as soon as the lights are ready to ship.

The IAG LED Dome Light Kit adds some much needed interior lighting to your 2 door or 4 door Bronco. (4 Door Hardtop Requires Additional Bracket) Designed to bolt to the existing hardware above each door, the super-bright LEDs shine directly down to provide just the right amount of light for your passengers. The included plug and play wiring harness makes installation easy, with just one wire to connect under the dash. Once installed, the lights work seamlessly with your OEM dome lights and even dim when turning off- just like stock! CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
IAG-ACC-F3150-01__67172.jpg

FAQ's ADDED 12/16! See video below:

Here are a few videos from our prototype testing and development to give you an idea of the installation process and real world use. **Note that the prototype versions were prior to our development of the plug n play harness.

Is there not an option for 2 door hard top?

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the input, but I am absolutely positive the bracket is oriented correctly. There are already a handful of people (and growing) number of people reporting the same issue. As a result, Rough Country has put a disclaimer on their website stating that the unit may not work with the hood liner in place, but I have tested it both ways (with and without liner, 2 different MLC-6s on 2 different vehicles) and there is still contact with the underside of the hood preventing proper closure. I suspect that there are more people who have experienced this issue, but slammed their hoods shut after installing - basically denting to fit.
The MLC-6 was (lazily) repurposed from offerings for other vehicles (Jeeps, trucks, etc) and does not fit all configurations (our 2 Broncos are Badlands 4Dr, 2.7L, Sas, Lux). I have had numerous communications with RC and they told me that they were sending info to R&D but then simply forgot about me. I contacted them to follow up and they acted like they never heard about it and tried to tell me to call a new rep and start all over. Eventually I got a response from the original contacts, and they simply told me to return the units (I bought 1 for each vehicle). I could live with that (even though I originally just asked for 2 new covers, so I could experiment with modifying like others have had to do), but the thing that shows Rough Country’s character is the fact that they are not even looking into a fix and continuing to market/sell these when they are well aware, from multiple complaints, that there are fitment issues and these are also likely damaging some peoples vehicles.
sorry it’s not working for you - I feel your pain, many of these companies are impossible to get help from.
In general, I would never buy products from rugged ridge. I find they rust quickly and have poor coatings on them. For the most part they seem to be low budget copies.
I took a shot on this and for me it seems to fit. You can see it fits with the liner installed, but it rubs just a hair. (Badlands 2.7) Not enough to cause any problems and it’s been in there for six months. thankfully no damage was done to my hood or denting. When I first installed it with my bracket switched around I couldn’t close it as it would’ve dented the hood. I guess I got lucky with my fit. I wish you well with yours and hopefully you can find a solution.

F83178C3-FFCB-4919-B693-83DA585E2B7D.jpeg

E0FAE370-6CA9-4061-8A7F-6A651EA140C6.jpeg

3F831EF3-665A-40E8-BA5C-0D0A63E75EA2.jpeg

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there not an option for 2 door hard top?
Their kit fits the 2 door hardtop.
" The IAG LED Dome Light Kit adds some much needed interior lighting to your 2 door or 4 door Bronco. "

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hope you're making a lot of these cuz it seems like the waiting list is getting pretty long! Don't want to have to wait another 2 years for some dome lights :)

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would be cool to have a night mode as well. Thinking red so as to not attract insects while out in the wild overnight.
Sponsored