First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tried searching for this answer but didn't see it. what happens if the airbags deploy? it looks like these are directly in the way of the airbags. are these designed to rotate out of the way? or do they become flying projectiles inside the vehicle?
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tried searching for this answer but didn't see it. what happens if the airbags deploy? it looks like these are directly in the way of the airbags. are these designed to rotate out of the way? or do they become flying projectiles inside the vehicle?
It's actually very simple. If that terrifies you then don't buy them.

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered mine the install video on you tube falls short of connecting the optional run to an auxiliary switch after you have tapped the interior light circuit-any recommendations?
I ran mine to a aux switch in the overhead.

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watch their video - they wiring is behind the airbag and the light sits above the bag deploy point on the breakaway trim panel. No issue.

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ran mine to a aux switch in the overhead.
IAG mentioned they would be updating their install video to include the AUX connection - expect it this upcoming week.

Sponsored

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@IAG Performance - these are excellent. Anyone who is on the fence - hereā€™s my 2 cents.
I ordered Friday - got an email they shipped a few hours later. Thought it was BS, but they sent a tracking number and they arrived the next day (yesterday) in a nice package - very nice package. Overnight arrival - awesome!
The harness and light quality looks first rate - well made and good insulation wrapping the harness. Iā€™m pleased.
Took less than an hour to install. Their video is perfect. Thought it would be more difficult - itā€™s mostly east as pie. More on that in a sec.
Very bright - way WAY better than stock.

so - hereā€™s my only concerns -
Tapping the power wire at the fuse panel is a PAIN. Hard to reach, harder to see. BE CAREFUL - there are two gray wires, (on mine anyway) one with a brown tracer/stripe, and the one you want- a gray with purple tracer. Under the dash itā€™s hard to see which is which - donā€™t get the wrong one - I almost did in my double check I saw the other gray wire. Woo - that was close!
Second- I have a soft top and a hard top. I figured I could get the cheaper set without the brackets. I was wrong. Even if you have a soft top, but have the hard top prep (with the black rectangular plates on top of your roll bars near the b pillar) you WILL need their brackets ONLY WHEN YOU MOUNT THE HARD TOP. No brackets are needed when the soft top is on, even if you have the prep kit. The lights are in the way of the hard top latches, the brackets need to be used to get them out of the way. Bottom line - hard top on, brackets on. That wasnā€™t clear when I ordered, but I take responsibility for that one.
I called IAG to get the brackets - left a message - (my lights are installed but hanging in position now until I get the brackets. But they are all working great)
I guess Iā€™ll report back on their service to see how long the brackets take to get. Based on my experience so far - I bet they will be good. Weā€™ll see.
No - I donā€™t work for or even know any of these guys - this is a well made, well packaged and easy to install product with simple instructions in the video. Keep you phone with you at the bronco and go step by step.
Thanks @IAGperformance.

as for connecting the lights to an aux wire, that was simple too. Thereā€™s a pigtail on the harness with a connector attached. Just run your power to that and donā€™t worry about the amperage - pulls so little draw almost any power supply will work. The lights are very efficient. I wired it to one of my aux switches. Works perfectly.

Last edited:

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was so surprised how quickly it arrived, ordered 1/27, delivered noon 1/28. I'm guessing being 65 miles away from IAG helps lol

dmhalka

Badlands
First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's actually very simple. If that terrifies you then don't buy them.
Sorry, what's simple? Was that a non-answer answer? I'm not terrified of it, but do want to know what to expect if an airbag goes off. If you've never worried about that or thought about it, just move along. But I don't get the point of your reply.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems overpriced for what you get. That seems to be the case with a lot of aftermarket Bronco accessories. I think I will just save my money and continue to use my headlamp or flashlight instead.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry, what's simple? Was that a non-answer answer? I'm not terrified of it, but do want to know what to expect if an airbag goes off. If you've never worried about that or thought about it, just move along. But I don't get the point of your reply.
My point is that it's been asked and answered. Many times. Mostly in regards to the grab handles.... So if you're uncomfortable, don't order them. Simple.

Sponsored

EgreenBadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@IAG Performance - these are excellent. Anyone who is on the fence - hereā€™s my 2 cents.
I ordered Friday - got an email they shipped a few hours later. Thought it was BS, but they sent a tracking number and they arrived the next day (yesterday) in a nice package - very nice package. Overnight arrival - awesome!
The harness and light quality looks first rate - well made and good insulation wrapping the harness. Iā€™m pleased.
Took less than an hour to install. Their video is perfect. Thought it would be more difficult - itā€™s mostly east as pie. More on that in a sec.
Very bright - way WAY better than stock.

so - hereā€™s my only concerns -
Tapping the power wire at the fuse panel is a PAIN. Hard to reach, harder to see. BE CAREFUL - there are two gray wires, (on mine anyway) one with a brown tracer/stripe, and the one you want- a gray with purple tracer. Under the dash itā€™s hard to see which is which - donā€™t get the wrong one - I almost did in my double check I saw the other gray wire. Woo - that was close!
Second- I have a soft top and a hard top. I figured I could get the cheaper set without the brackets. I was wrong. Even if you have a soft top, but have the hard top prep (with the black rectangular plates on top of your roll bars near the b pillar) you WILL need their brackets. The lights are in the way of the hard top latches, the brackets need to be used to get them out of the way. That wasnā€™t clear when I ordered, but I take responsibility for that one.
I called IAG to get the brackets - left a message - (my lights are installed but hanging in position now until I get the brackets. But they are all working great)
I guess Iā€™ll report back on their service to see how long the brackets take to get. Based on my experience so far - I bet they will be good. Weā€™ll see.
No - I donā€™t work for or even know any of these guys - this is a well made, well packaged and easy to install product with simple instructions in the video. Keep you phone with you at the bronco and go step by step.
Thanks @IAGperformance.

as for connecting the lights to an aux wire, that was simple too. Thereā€™s a pigtail on the harness with a connector attached. Just run your power to that and donā€™t worry about the amperage - pulls so little draw almost any power supply will work. The lights are very efficient. I wired it to one of my aux switches. Works perfectly.
I ordered for the soft top also. I havenā€™t received mine yet but if these donā€™t work with the hardtop prep kit that should have been stated since most have that.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Curtain airbags fire down, not out.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I ordered for the soft top also. I havenā€™t received mine yet but if these donā€™t work with the hardtop prep kit that should have been stated since most have that.
They work fine with the prep kit.

Badlands77

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can these be installed on the two door with just removal of the front roof panels without having to remove the back shell? (Cold climate here and not a lot of garage space)
Sponsored