Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So is nobody tapping into the wire for the light bar? I have no intention I've ever put in a light bar above my windshield... There should be a wire right up there (or so I thought)
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got mine in. Waiting to see some others install and if anyone figures out how to tap in to the dome light button. Would be great to be able to light the back row while driving to see the littles.
I'm with you on this. I don't understand the BUS system And why it can't be tapped into. Now I get if it doesn't support 12 volts.... But couldn't some sort of relay be tapped into it as a trigger without the Bronco freaking out?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm with you on this. I don't understand the BUS system And why it can't be tapped into. Now I get if it doesn't support 12 volts.... But couldn't some sort of relay be tapped into it as a trigger without the Bronco freaking out?
No. The LIN bus system ford uses is a 3 wire PWM circuit. The lights are individual nodes on the network. The signal the lights see that tell them how much power to output is in miliamps, not something that can trip a relay, Iā€™ve tried a few specialty ones. Iā€™ve reached out to a few of the big lighting companies and they have no interest in trying to ā€œhackā€ the system.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh, I might want to find you when it's time. I'm getting old(er) and not great with this stuff....but it's tax season and freakin' cold out and I don't have a garage big enough to drop the top for now....

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Need some helpā€¦

I got to step 56 where it says to find the gray wire with purple stripes.

Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness 3F958853-0914-475E-AC35-252FE3DC5681

I donā€™t have a gray wire with purple stripes??

I had a purple wire with a gray stripe, but the lights only came on when I pressed the brake :(.

Has anyone been able to find the right wire?

Sponsored

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Need some helpā€¦

I got to step 56 where it says to find the gray wire with purple stripes.

Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness 3F958853-0914-475E-AC35-252FE3DC5681

I donā€™t have a gray wire with purple stripes??

I had a purple wire with a gray stripe, but the lights only came on when I pressed the brake :(.

Has anyone been able to find the right wire?
I found it, but do have to say the harness is very tight and little patience is needed to cut the protected layer far back enough to see all the wires and let alone get enough slack from the wire to add the tap.

To me it was more of a very light purple/gray wire with a dark purple line. Luckily it seemed to be on the side facing the driver seat.

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh, I might want to find you when it's time. I'm getting old(er) and not great with this stuff....but it's tax season and freakin' cold out and I don't have a garage big enough to drop the top for now....
I wouldnā€™t have done mine so quickly, but I start 12s on Monday til basically May.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I found it, but do have to say the harness is very tight and little patience is needed to cut the protected layer far back enough to see all the wires and let alone get enough slack from the wire to add the tap.

To me it was more of a very light purple/gray wire with a dark purple line. Luckily it seemed to be on the side facing the driver seat.
Iā€™m not seeing it. I have white wires (several) with red stripes. But no purple. Can you get a picture?

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m not seeing it. I have white wires (several) with red stripes. But no purple. Can you get a picture?
Have you been watching the YouTube walkthrough too? Here are some snips from the video:
Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness E3623F82-45AB-4270-8095-974FD0BDB3F3
Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness DA0ADEE6-7E98-47FB-98D4-648B8D4C0ECA
Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness 3EC8B728-A827-4BE4-A907-6AACF676DE03

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, Iā€™ll just check again. Is yours a 2021 or a 2022?

Sponsored

D-TownBorn

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, Iā€™ll just check again. Is yours a 2021 or a 2022?
I have the similar problem. I swear I found the grey and purple wire but the lights wonā€™t work with the doors. I ran the wire to the Aux switch and they work so I donā€™t think itā€™s the wires to the lights. Itā€™s either the wrong wire or I have a bad tap. Also I feel for anyone with average to large hands trying to get to that wiring harness. Thanks Ford for the 3mm of slack.

BacktotheOval

First Edition
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slow cars, fast cars, and a bus
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Dang it - Iā€™m a dummy! Was so excited that it had dropped that I didnā€˜t notice I ordered the soft-top version, so now have to wait for the next drop. KUDOS to IAG, though. 1-day delivery, nice packaging. It helps to be a 1.5 hr drive away, I suppose, but THAT IS AWESOME SERVICE AND TURNAROUND - 32 hrs, order to doorstep!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No. The LIN bus system ford uses is a 3 wire PWM circuit. The lights are individual nodes on the network. The signal the lights see that tell them how much power to output is in miliamps, not something that can trip a relay, Iā€™ve tried a few specialty ones. Iā€™ve reached out to a few of the big lighting companies and they have no interest in trying to ā€œhackā€ the system.
Understood. With so many manufacturers using this kind of setup now on new cars, at some point someone's going to have to figure out a way.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dang it - Iā€™m a dummy! Was so excited that it had dropped that I didnā€˜t notice I ordered the soft-top version, so now have to wait for the next drop. KUDOS to IAG, though. 1-day delivery, nice packaging. It helps to be a 1.5 hr drive away, I suppose, but THAT IS AWESOME SERVICE AND TURNAROUND - 32 hrs, order to doorstep!
Lucky! I ordered that very first morning and UPS is gonna take 6 days to get it to me. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored