Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla M3P
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey everyone,

I need a recommendation for a roof rack for my 4dr hardtop 2023 Bronco OB. I would like one that allows at least removal of the front two panels.

I have a Thule Force XL that I want to mount on top. I don’t need other crossbars right? I can just mount directly on any crossbars that come with the rack?

Thanks all!
Sponsored

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome, new brother, you and your OB. There's lots of threads and posts on roofracks (roofwracks?). Be sure to search out other threads and posts on things you're interested, like tires and wheels. Lots, lots, lots of info and opinions. I mean, lots.

So careful with starting threads, please.

That said, I have a Trailrax on my 4DR badlands hardtop. It's pricey, but I'm glad I fronted the money. Very strong. You can get 10% discount ordering through thebronconation.com, "the other site," and I'm also very happy with the Heretic roof trail lightbar that they also offer. I have a generic cargo box, and found a little imaginative thought and a selection of 1/4-20 t-nuts, bolts, threaded studs, and eyebolts allow me to mount that, and other miscellaneous gear like a hi-jack, serious shovel, traction boards, etc. It allows you to remove the first two sections of hardtop, but that rear-most one will be semi-permanent, especially if you install a lightbar on it.

Think through what you know you'll be doing, where you'll be going (how far into back country?), and what you'll be hauling, and allow for expanding your horizons as you learn just what your Bronco can do--and where it can go.

Consider searching "thule" and see what you find. Trailrax will answer you personally about specific applications, as others probably will. Here's some threads to get you started. Enjoy!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-if-you-were-buying-today.87926/#post-2145910

Twelve pages (!!) on this thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/trailrax-real-world-reviews.58488/

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is my personal favorite, looks-wise, since it is a replica of the factory fishing concept rack that Ford never released… doesn’t look like it came out of a metal-fab shop like everything else. It’s probably Chinese junk though and who knows how much weight it actually supports. The issue with this rack and most other “half racks” is the crossbar spacing is only about 21” on center which looks like it’s less than the minimum 23” the Force XT XL requires.

https://broaddict.com/products/4-door-half-rack
Sponsored