Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rack pictured on the four door is mounted farther forward than the two door pictures.

Are the two door pictures the same rack or is there different options? I just want it forward on occasion but I need to be sure itgoes all the way up.

Are additional bars available? It would be a good base for a light bar?

Thank you for the feedback.

My guess as to why the 4dr seems more forward is Ford wanted to keep the rear of the rack on a more "load barring" area of the 4dr. Remember under the roof the supports come in at an angle to give what I would assume more protection to the back seat people in case of rollover. This is just a theory. Anyone with a 4dr Jeep have an idea on roof rack mounts on theirs?
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, but then can you put the rear crossbar in the middle??
That's too far apart for any accessories other than maybe a Lock and load platform or if you're hauling a canoe.
I can't remember where I saw it, but I'm pretty sure the rear crossbar is fixed, and the front crossbar can be mounted in two positions. Hopefully they'll eventually offer an additional crossbar as an accessory.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't remember where I saw it, but I'm pretty sure the rear crossbar is fixed, and the front crossbar can be mounted in two positions. Hopefully they'll eventually offer an additional crossbar as an accessory.
Just by the looks of it I had assumed the rear crossbar was fixed... it’s certainly not attached the same way the other crossbar(s) is.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a couple of Thule Aerobars I could probably use, which don't use fixed rail locations.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You might want to see what Rocky Road Outfitters comes up with for the Bronco. When I talked with them they stated that they plan to make their Wilderness Rack line for the Bronco. This is what I plan on doing as the Ford struff looks very lightweight.
https://www.rocky-road.com/wildrack.html
Thanks for the link.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Earlier in this whole roll-out debacle it sounded like you couldn't remove the second row portion of the MIC top with the roof rack in place - you'd have to take the roof rack off temporarily. Do we know if this is still the case?
There is an optional Yakima setup under accessories, but no one seems to know what it is.
It would be great kf we could get this info, especially if it was the solution to the roof issue.

The rack is designed with lightbar mounts and wire pass through at the windshield mounting points.

There are also lightbar mounts that go at the top of the windshield where the rack attaches (if you don’t option the rack).
So this means that if we go aftermarket with the roof rack we can still readily wire in lights on it? Call me crazy but I'd love a roof rack that had integrated LED lights - I'm thinking a spot light on each end front and rear (so two each) and flood lights on each side, plus optional cross-rails with integrated light bar that could go in either the front or back in forward-or rear-facing. Those would use up some aux switches right there!

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Earlier in this whole roll-out debacle it sounded like you couldn't remove the second row portion of the MIC top with the roof rack in place - you'd have to take the roof rack off temporarily. Do we know if this is still the case?
That's correct. There's a BN video on hard top and roof rack removal.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's correct. There's a BN video on hard top and roof rack removal.
Ahh dagnabit! Someone please reassure me that the aftermarket will correct this. Please. Anyone.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The rack would have to be a lot higher
????

In order for you to have rack and not have the roof on, you'll need an aftermarket roof rack exoskeleton that attaches to the bumper or elsewhere in the rear. The standard rear attachment points for the rack are to the back clamshell of the hardtop roof.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

????

In order for you to have rack and not have the roof on, you'll need an aftermarket roof rack exoskeleton that attaches to the bumper or elsewhere in the rear. The standard rear attachment points for the rack are to the back clamshell of the hardtop roof.
We had one of those on our '91!

What we were talking about though is taking off the (first and) second row panels of the four door MIC top, not the rear clamshell.

Edit: @BroncoKong Jr. was that what you were talking about too? I see now that I wasn't clear.

Last edited:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

????

????

Who's talking about removing the whole roof? Not me, nor the person I replied to.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ahh dagnabit! Someone please reassure me that the aftermarket will correct this. Please. Anyone.
The rack would have to be a lot higher
????

That was the opposite...
I'd try to watch the video but apparently that's verboten these days
The question is about the second row full width panel on the 4-door with a roof rack installed.

Each side of that panel swoops down (in part for rain and rigidity I imagine). With the roof rack in place, you can’t clear those swoops around/over the roll bars on the truck.

Hence the comment about the rack having to be “higher”... that would allow clearance to lift the roof panel up and over the bar.

Because the front panels are split down the centerline, they can be snaked out and through the space around the roof rack.

The rear of the Ford roof rack attaches to the top of the rear clamshell, so obviously you have to take the rack off to remove the clamshell, and you can’t run the rack without the clamshell.

I’m sure we’ll see a few “exo skeleton” rack solutions from the aftermarket that mount completely independent of the rear clamshell, and may afford more room to remove the second row panel.
Sponsored