Sponsored

Hardtop Roof Rack: if you were buying today?

MaximuNashville

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all! A lot of good info on roof racks here. If you were buying today, which would you get? 4 Door Hardtop.

Leaning toward a full rack in case I go RTT one day. Love the idea of rotopax mounts as options but could skip those and use the spare tire mounts if I really needed to I guess.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MaximuNashville

MaximuNashville

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trailrax. Love mine, wouldn’t bother with anything else.
This is the answer I was most afraid of, haha. I love everything I’ve seen on the trailrax. Definitely feels like it carries a premium though.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another vote for @TrailRax.

Trailrax definitely has a price tag attached, but they do usually have one or two major sales a year. So if you don't need it now just hang tight and wait it out.

---

@Bellime is not wrong at all about the OEM roof rack by the way. I bought it with my Bronco, and took it off the day I brought the Bronco home because I wanted to play around with the hard top panels. Almost immediately became apparent just how crappy the OEM design/quality was.

Put it up for sale the next day and it was gone by week 3 of ownership.

OP
OP
MaximuNashville

MaximuNashville

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ty all! Sounds like I need to wait for another trailrax sale and just bite the bullet. I think I just missed on over the holidays, guess that gives me time to save up! 🤷🏻‍♂️

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ty all! Sounds like I need to wait for another trailrax sale and just bite the bullet. I think I just missed on over the holidays, guess that gives me time to save up! 🤷🏻‍♂️
Was secretly hoping you all would recommend you Hooke Road one since it’s $500. 🤣
I mean... really depends on what you need it for.

If this is just for a roof top box or a ski rack... then yeah you can probably get away with something cheaper. But if this is for camping/overlanding, and you're going to be sticking a roof top tent on it along with a bunch of other gear, then yeah, I wouldn't cheap out.

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It all depends on the mission intended for the roof rack. For me, I intended to use my rack for my rooftop cargo box and ski/snowboard rack. We don’t intend to remove rooftop panels in order to preserve the integrity of the roof from potential squeaks, leaks, and rattles, thus the $345 I paid is the most cost effective option. Yes, it adds some wind noise, but I knew this vehicle was not going to be quiet prior to the order.

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the answer I was most afraid of, haha. I love everything I’ve seen on the trailrax. Definitely feels like it carries a premium though.
Hey! Give us a call or email and we can run you though what our rack offers and plan out your build with you to make sure our rack is great for you and how we can help guide you to building your dream Bronco build. While we are bias with best roof rack on the market, we are happy to discuss on what our products offer and how they may be able to solve some storage issues you may be running into. M-F 9am-5pm MST call any time! 385-777-2601 or shoot us an email!

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think you can’t go wrong with either rci or trailrax. I went with trailrax. I actually just flipped a coin to choose. Lol

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you really want a RTT (and plan on actually putting real people IN the RTT unlike most folks that have them) along with a bunch of other heavy stuff on your cardboard roof, the only one I’d personally trust is a Gobi rack. Look at the way it mounts to the vehicle and disperses weight. No way I’d want the hardtop and windshield mounts taking all that load over time.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered my 2-door with the OEM rack and replaced that with a TrailRax shortly after taking delivery. I needed the Rotopax mounting capability due to the tiny fuel tank; not enough capacity for back country trips around Nevada.
Sponsored