Sponsored

Roof Rack Solutions - What have you opted for?

Tang71

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all
I own a brand new 4D Badlands with Sasquatch package, cyber orange that we aptly named, “The Tang”. We hope to tour the US and Canada this coming year, where we are building up our camping inventory. I have managed to order the OEM Ford Rails (CA$1,100), having a lead in time between 4-6 weeks, so in the meantime I have been looking at the varying roof rack solutions that are out there and what will fit on the OEM roof rack. I know I’ll be limited to the 150lb, that’s fine; the intent will be to store a roof bag, our Gazelle Overland T4 tent (65” length) and perhaps some recovery boards.

As we live in Canada I’m realising my options are somewhat limited and the cost gets WAY too much if ordering from the US. I have researched from the cheapest Amazon cages from China through to the more expensive Yakima or ARB modular low profile rack systems. So I’m reaching out to you all to see what you have opted for and what has worked for you and what has not.

I won’t pull the pin on anything until I receive the rails as I am unsure of internal rail dimensions (has anyone got any dimensions?) but wondering what you would advise to use?

ps. Before you ask, I looked at getting a more robust rail set but I couldn’t afford - the Zroadz 4 door rails for example were almost 3x the cost of the Ford rails eek!

Appreciate your advice and support, cheers!
Sponsored

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It seems like Ford OEM might be your best bet, if the US-built RTT racks are cost prohibitive. I haven't seen anything made in a, ahem, low-cost manufacturing locale. Yakima and Thule should eventually come out with something to hold their boxes, but not a RTT

OP
OP
Tang71

Tang71

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all, me again. Well it’s been 12 weeks and I’m still waiting on the roof rails from Ford so no roof rack purchase so far. Ford actually said there’s no expected delivery date, an indefinite wait time noting aluminium shortages; I’m determined not to ask for my money back as I’d loose my slot, if that would be a thing. There’s little to no other options to what I can do at this point and my location doesn’t help either. If you’ve seen another roof bars on the market, I’d still like to see and review options…. no chance that we’ll be travelling far this year.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered the Valkyrie rack first and got it cancelled by them a month later(cost me money in the exchange:(),and now i ordered a trailrax rack that hopefully will be here end of july/early august (the oem rack ratings just wouldn't cut it!).really wish some Canadian manufacturers would start making Bronco stuffs this is getting expensive!

Sponsored

NatureBoy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi all
I own a brand new 4D Badlands with Sasquatch package, cyber orange that we aptly named, “The Tang”. We hope to tour the US and Canada this coming year, where we are building up our camping inventory. I have managed to order the OEM Ford Rails (CA$1,100), having a lead in time between 4-6 weeks, so in the meantime I have been looking at the varying roof rack solutions that are out there and what will fit on the OEM roof rack. I know I’ll be limited to the 150lb, that’s fine; the intent will be to store a roof bag, our Gazelle Overland T4 tent (65” length) and perhaps some recovery boards.

As we live in Canada I’m realising my options are somewhat limited and the cost gets WAY too much if ordering from the US. I have researched from the cheapest Amazon cages from China through to the more expensive Yakima or ARB modular low profile rack systems. So I’m reaching out to you all to see what you have opted for and what has worked for you and what has not.

I won’t pull the pin on anything until I receive the rails as I am unsure of internal rail dimensions (has anyone got any dimensions?) but wondering what you would advise to use?

ps. Before you ask, I looked at getting a more robust rail set but I couldn’t afford - the Zroadz 4 door rails for example were almost 3x the cost of the Ford rails eek!

Appreciate your advice and support, cheers!
Zroadsz’ prices are eye-popping.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the Valkyrie rack first and got it cancelled by them a month later(cost me money in the exchange:(),and now i ordered a trailrax rack that hopefully will be here end of july/early august (the oem rack ratings just wouldn't cut it!).really wish some Canadian manufacturers would start making Bronco stuffs this is getting expensive!
I'd be interested in knowing what it is gonna cost you all in, with brokerage and duty. I'm looking at this rack as well.

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd be interested in knowing what it is gonna cost you all in, with brokerage and duty. I'm looking at this rack as well.
We are working with Modula Racks to start having them import our Racks into Canada to save Canadian customers on the shipping and taxes and duties. Until the paperwork is finalized with them, our only way currently is direct. We do not encourage spamming Modula racks about this but definitely share your interest with them on our racks to push them into getting our wholesale with them finalized.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be great
We are working with Modula Racks to start having them import our Racks into Canada to save Canadian customers on the shipping and taxes and duties. Until the paperwork is finalized with them, our only way currently is direct. We do not encourage spamming Modula racks about this but definitely share your interest with them on our racks to push them into getting our wholesale with them finalized.

That would be great. Let us know if you make it happen

Sponsored

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all, me again. Well it’s been 12 weeks and I’m still waiting on the roof rails from Ford so no roof rack purchase so far. Ford actually said there’s no expected delivery date, an indefinite wait time noting aluminium shortages; I’m determined not to ask for my money back as I’d loose my slot, if that would be a thing. There’s little to no other options to what I can do at this point and my location doesn’t help either. If you’ve seen another roof bars on the market, I’d still like to see and review options…. no chance that we’ll be travelling far this year.
I am in the same boat with Ford. Ordered them on May 6th and no word on when they will be available. Called today and the rep at Ford Accessories had no insight as to when they would ship.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Valkyrie Off Road, @JcrOffroad, and @TrailRax you all have great looking roof racks. They all either have the word "modular" in their name or mention front and rear sections on the website - can any of you please confirm that yours can convert between full and half like BadAss Tents' roof rack does? Also I'd love to have one with an integrated front light bar that not only converts to half rack, but keeps the light bar in place when it's in half rack "mode". Is that possible now (or likely to be in the future) with any of your racks? Thanks all, keep up the great work.

Last edited:

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Valkyrie Off Road, @JcrOffroad, and @TrailRax you all have great looking roof racks. They all either have the word "modular" in their name or mention front and rear sections on the website - can any of you please confirm that yours can convert between full and half like BadAss Tents' roof rack does? Also I'd love to have one with an integrated front light bar that not only converts to half rack, but keeps the light bar in place when it's in half rack "mode". Is that possible now (or likely to be in the future) with any of your racks? Thanks all, keep up the great work.
Ours does not convert to a half rack from a full rack due to the weakness a multi-piece design creates. we learned in our prototyping that doing a multi-piece that allowed customers to essentially customize the length of the rack was an extreme weakness. We went with a one-piece design for the most structurally sound rack possible.

Valkyrie Off Road

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
valkyrieoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On a 4 door, ours can convert from a full rack, to a half rack, and to cross bars. Making it extremely versatile to accommodate for whatever you need done, all while maintaining a high capacity. We are also working on extending that ability to the 2 door racks and soft tops.

We don't have the ability to keep the light bar up front in place currently when converting it to a half rack or cross bars.
Sponsored