Sponsored

Hardtop Roof Rack: if you were buying today?

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We will have big sales at our shows we are attending this year and major holidays just as a hint hint!
Sorry to hijack OP.
Do you guys have any plans to develop a cross bar that attaches to the windshield accessory mounts?
I plan to do your 1/2 rack but no one (that I can find) produces just a single front crossbar. Would love to be able to carry my canoe without using foam blocks.
Sponsored

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hijack OP.
Do you guys have any plans to develop a cross bar that attaches to the windshield accessory mounts?
I plan to do your 1/2 rack but no one (that I can find) produces just a single front crossbar. Would love to be able to carry my canoe without using foam blocks.
Don’t want to speak for Trailrax, but I think there’s a reason nothing like this is available. The mounting points above the windshield don’t seem like they’d be strong enough to support a load on their own.

Your best bet would be to build/seek something like the front part of the Gobi rack that attaches down by the mirrors and clamps onto the frame around the windshield for additional support.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gobi

Sponsored

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hijack OP.
We do not because of the amount of wind noise that it would create. For us and most, it is unbearable. The TSLOT extrusions are very nice but when wind noise is applied to them, it causes a lot of noise, hence our wind deflector and the way we designed our rack.

For your situation, we recommend a full length rack to carry your large canoes.

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t want to speak for Trailrax, but I think there’s a reason nothing like this is available. The mounting points above the windshield don’t seem like they’d be strong enough to support a load on their own.

Your best bet would be to build/seek something like the front part of the Gobi rack that attaches down by the mirrors and clamps onto the frame around the windshield for additional support.
Hoping in here, those points you are talking about where the front of our rack mounts into is actually an incredibly strong spot to mount to. The plastic cowl that others mount to tend to have a lot of play in the plastic but could also be a good point to mount to.

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

CalvinT