Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know if I missed it (I did read through all 10 pages), but if we change by the 31st (even though not mandatory), can we change it again a second time by the new deadline? Boy, this launch is a mess.
Sponsored

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This will probably not be the case with the Bronco being a new vehicle with “limited” supply and now no dealer Xplan pricing. You will only be able to get one for a reasonable Previously agreed upon price with a reservation otherwise everything on the lot will be marked up for the first year and going to a competitor won’t help.
Exactly, any Broncos on the lot initially will be hard to negotiate down.

I’ve already secured a deal close to hold back. Ive purchased several mustangs (anniversary additions, 7-UP, Boss 302, LE) several pick up trucks including one of the first lightning pick ups to be produced. All were negotiated below at or near hold back.

I’ll admit being a good customer (spends/waste $$$) purchasing on average a new vehicle every year allows me to at least get what I think is a good price.

Eventually the Broncos will become a dime a dozen just as the jeeps are. But for those of us who feel that we need it as soon as it rolls off the assembly line may end up paying a premium.

DetailsMatter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While this is good news, Ford is doing their absolute best to snatch defeat from jaws of victory. This roll out is becoming a case study on how not to debut a vehicle and will be discussed in marketing classes for years to come. @mike_at_ford change my mind.
I respect your opinion, but I see nothing to support that. Being nimble is the new benchmark of successful companies.

DetailsMatter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly, any Broncos on the lot initially will be hard to negotiate down.

I’ve already secured a deal close to hold back. Ive purchased several mustangs (anniversary additions, 7-UP, Boss 302, LE) several pick up trucks including one of the first lightning pick ups to be produced. All were negotiated below at or near hold back.

I’ll admit being a good customer (spends/waste $$$) purchasing on average a new vehicle every year allows me to at least get what I think is a good price.

Eventually the Broncos will become a dime a dozen just as the jeeps are. But for those of us who feel that we need it as soon as it rolls off the assembly line may end up paying a premium.
The only discounts you will see is when demand drops below supply. That usually occurs during end-of-year promotions or model changes. Neither of which currently applies to the Bronco. Already, some deliveries are scheduled for 2022, provided most reservation holders follow through. I am more inclined to believe that the cost will rise over the next two years. Supply will be limited mostly to reservation holders.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I respect your opinion, but I see nothing to support that. Being nimble is the new benchmark of successful companies.
How about the lack of official communication? I have received 2 emails from Ford regarding my reservation. 1, the original confirmation, and 2. the ability to switch dealers up until 10/31.

Nothing about the allocation rule change and how it will affect delivery
Nothing about B&P going live
Nothing about x-plan not being accepted
Nothing about the switch deadline being extended to January
Nothing about reservations being cut-off in January
Nothing about model year cut-off in September
Nothing about public events and when I can view a Bronco
Nothing about anything.

All this info I had to seek out on my own when it can easily been provided in an email

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How about the lack of official communication? I have received 2 emails from Ford regarding my reservation. 1, the original confirmation, and 2. the ability to switch dealers up until 10/31.

Nothing about anything.

All this info I had to seek out on my own when it can easily been provided in an email
^^^ THIS. I have friends who have put in reservations, but are not on here along with numerous others, the communication (leaks) or lack of direct notification is bat crazy as a reservation holder that either uses an existing Ford account or generates one with YOUR email.

DetailsMatter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing about anything.

Ford has other communication channels. They have dealers and an interest in Bronco Nation. They can use those channels to deliver information and they have. If you dealer is not keeping in touch, and if that matters to you, then you might consider a switch. Personally, I prefer to be interrupted less. Just tell me when the big news drops.

For everyone else, it seems that most all of your concerns will be released on October 23rd. The 2021 Bronco was announced on July 13th. Just three months and a week later is build-and-price. That seems rather fast to me.

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of this is much less stressful for a guy like me that has a good longtime relationship with my dealer and has no plans to order from some out of state dealer I have no relationship with.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just tell me when the big news drops.
Lol'ing at my dealer not keeping in touch, the GM calls/emails/texts me daily (3 texts this morning already). They are being kept in the dark just as much as we are and I have broken news to him that he then goes and verifies through his rep.

And I think most of us here would consider what I outlined as big news.
Agree to disagree and lets move on.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

ThatOne911Dude

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any idea when there will be an official announcement for a second change? Just got off the phone with customer care and he was unable to switch.
An error popped up on his side saying a dealer switch had already been made when he tried to push it through.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 3 days after the 2021 deadline so I'll get a 2022. Granger said no to switching dealers. They don't want to be accused of stealing from other dealers. An honest car dealer?
Isn't "An honest car dealer?" and oxymoron? :)

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Perhaps I am mistaken but the “us” is current Reservation holders ( ie potential buyers).
The benefit of being able to switch, is to potentially get a better deal (and/or take advantage of competitive terms) from a dealer different from the one who you originally reserved with.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm 3 days after the 2021 deadline so I'll get a 2022. Granger said no to switching dealers. They don't want to be accused of stealing from other dealers. An honest car dealer?
Unless Im mistaken you can still switch your existing reservation to Granger and receive their $1000 below invoice pricing... (If your existing reservation is dated 9/18/2020 or after then you would get a 2022 MY Bronco, possibly in late 2021 or more likely 2022)
If you make a new reservation with Granger in the month of October 2020 then you would be looking at pricing of $2000 below invoice and getting a 2022 MY Bronco in possibly late 2021 or more likely 2022.
MY = Model Year
Sponsored