OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd talk to the dealer about it. The robot should be fired for sure, and the QC person that inspected it should get some remedial training. A good body shop person can make that look as good as it should have looked to begin with.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Definitely a robot weld. I operated one on treadmills for a while. We had me checking the welds and another guy touching them up. When they got sent to paint(also robot) they would be checked again and sent back if necessary then I would get an ass chewing. Somebody missed their ass chewing. Guarantee it was just a dirty tip on the bot. It builds up and you gotta stop the line to go clean it.. On my line a stop to clean cost you about 0.25% of shift production.

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. Whatever the case. It’s ugly. And it should not be. The dealer should def be notified. IMHO and I think many will agree, it will never be correct. There was a slight hiccup in the assembly process and you can’t put that sh:t back in the donkey. Total BS.
All that said. Nice ride bro. Pce

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's a video on YouTube of the assembly line and workers. You can see that on a four door behind one of the workers. It is bare metal with obvious indication of a weld. That is definitely a bad weld. I would probably not get it fixed and just keep an eye on it but now that it is posted on here, you should definitely notify your dealer and get documentation that it has been assessed. Luckily, it isn't on the frame but it is critical to structural rigidity of the body.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That looks like ass, I’d be pissed tbh.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a video on YouTube of the assembly line and workers. You can see that on a four door behind one of the workers. It is bare metal with obvious indication of a weld. That is definitely a bad weld. I would probably not get it fixed and just keep an eye on it but now that it is posted on here, you should definitely notify your dealer and get documentation that it has been assessed. Luckily, it isn't on the frame but it is critical to structural rigidity of the body.
The seam has already been painted. When a Bronco reaches the final assembly line, it’s after blending with painted bodies from the Bronco and Ranger body shops. Obviously, you cannot assemble a vehicle (i.e., attach mirrors, windshields, seats, engines, chassis, bumpers) and then paint the body afterwards.

I would love to see a production video from the Bronco body shop, so please post the video you are referring to when you get a chance. Thanks.

Sponsored

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have welded about three times in my life, all of them really just screwing around in the shop with one of the guys showing me the bare bones minimum. I must say, mine looked better.

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well give em a damn break would ya! Them sumbitches have been working 24/7 at 110% (I hope) for a while now!
Sure they have and they have a bridge they want to sell you to go with your Bronco 😂
Sponsored