Sponsored

Nitpicking due to frustration? More comfort and security features should be standard

Deleted member 14617

Well, I'm about 5'4" but I'm Virtually Huge.

I started playing tight-head, then moved to #8 in college. When I started playing club, after they stopped laughing, the put me at flanker. I spent a long time trying to convince people that I weighed about 160 lbs, but it never really took.

I stopped at about age 30 due to my body refusing to participate. As a player, you probably know that the older we are, the better we were. So I can sincerely tell you I was a phenom. :)

If you have a game anywhere near Boise, let me know. I'd love to come and watch.
Sponsored

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree with not having to pay for things you don't want or need. But there is also a lot that should be included as standard. Ford is famous for being chintzy with basics. My '14 Focus SE has an upgrade package (leather, fog lights, ambient lighting, etc.), and has a sticker price of about $24k. But it still doesn't even have a light in the glove box or console, or even a light so you can see to put your key in the ignition at night - even my '96 Honda had those. And more should be available ala carte. You shouldn't have to spend thou$ands on a Lux Package just to get a garage door opener! :rolleyes:

Deleted member 14617

Found this today. It's my favorite rugby photo, because of the look on my face. I think it was taken before you were born, which is kind of interesting.

Ford Bronco Nitpicking due to frustration? More comfort and security features should be standard rbr

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Randeeezy

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been driving well without computers for a long time, no accidents. I think some of those features actually enable people to practice unsafe driving habits such as using a phone - the car will try to make up for your lack of attentiveness in that kind of scenario. Also, the more computer components you're running in a vehicle, the more possibilities there are for systems to fail, requiring you to head to the dealership.

No, for me those features aren't necessary and I don't consider them "safety" features because the driver, not the car, is responsible for safety. (obviously, aside from sturdy materials, a strong frame and roll cage, airbags, etc. . . )

I do share your frustration regarding some of the "comfort" features though. Take a basic example - illuminated vanity mirrors. Guarded behind the mid package, and aren't standard. This is such a basic and useful vehicle feature. I get not including it in base . . fine, but once you go up $5k to Big Bend and beyond, this should be standard. Kind of silly that it's even listed in a package.

I think there are lots of options that should be available without being forced into a higher package. Like the sound system upgrade. I would pay to have this in any model, and I'm sure many people would. But I'm not going to upgrade to lux for it.

My opinion - you should be able to upgrade the luxury and comfort options just like you can upgrade the drivetrain and performance options. If I can add squatch and a 2.7L engine to the base model, I should be able to do the Lux package as well.

The luxury features only come if you buy into trims that come standard with higher performance features. Why? Doesn't it make sense that someone could want the Bronco aesthetic with luxury features and not rock climbing features?

Unfortunately, you have to go all in for quality of life upgrades, while you can get the highest possible offroad capabilities for under $40k in the base. Why give away the farm like that? Their pricing strategy just doesn't make much sense to me in that regard. On one hand, it's great that you can get all that power and value in the base.

Don't be fooled - Ford isn't selling you a more capable vehicle in the higher trims. They're just selling you a fancier one.

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm suprised Ford didn't divide things into groups. Like a safety package that gives you the safety features. Then maybe two tech packages with the wireless charging, screen sizes, navigation, etc.

The way the packages are now is just a hodge podge of stuff thrown in different levels. It just confusing that the most expensive package gives you a garage door opener, something that's standard on most cars now. I know they did this to make more money because to get that one thing you want is gonna make you pay.

I still can't wait for my Bronco but some of the things Ford is doing is frustrating to say the least.
Sponsored