Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To be honest... Big Bend has snuck up on me as a legitimate contender. I can spec it very close to my black diamond build (rear locker, rock rails, aux switches). Plus I can get fog lights and heated seats with a manual. The only things I miss out on are MGV seats, washout floor, and I have to deal with the ugly wheels and P-rated tires for a bit. Iā€™m a camper not a rock crawler (not gonna miss that goat mode), soo I can even save some money by not adding the underbody protection. Some aftermarket floor liners and wheels... Iā€™m happy.
I've kinda settled in on the Big Bend, I can get a locker and 4.27's, I actually like the wheels, get access to A51, tint and fogs and I prefer cloth/carpet. I'm an early reservation so I wouldn't think commodity constraints would get me anyway.

I am 2 dr, but playing with B&P the other day it looks like a BB is a sweet spot for value in a 4dr while Base is still the best 2 dr value.
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good info, thanks! I have been set on my build for months. Waiting longer is not an issue to get what I want. This is a want, not a need...

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there anyone here even buying that exact config? :unsure:
My ideal config is close to that. The only difference is I also want the MIC hardtop.
The way I see it, the BB allows me to get the mid package. The 4 cyl with 270hp isn't anything to sneeze at and is basically the same engine as the Ranger Tremor. It also has plenty of torque for all but the most extreme of off roading.
I wouldn't mind the 6 cyl but it isn't worth the price difference; It's 40 more horses at $1895, that's $47 per HP.
While I rarely pull the right numbers in a lottery, perhaps this time I am close. Time will tell.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Curious as to why I keep seeing 2 doors as being possible commodity restraint? Has it got to do with 2 door hard tops?
If Ranger is any indication (and I think it should be taken as the apples-to-apples comparison, plus sprinkle some Covid on top), Ranger chassis/body were being built at about a 7:1 or 8:1 ratio of Crew Cab (4-door) to Super Cab (essentially 2-door). However, they ARE making 2-door bodies at a specific output rate, it just might have to be altered from their projections to something closer to what reservations/orders indicate.

I fully expect 4-doors will be built in greater numbers, and each batch of 2-door builds will most likely span a greater array of trim levels/interiors/packages than the 4-doors will. Especially with whatever interiors are available from parts suppliers!

Deliveries of Super Cab Rangers was a bit more sporadic than Crew Cabs and, at least on the forums, you never saw two nearly-identical Super Cabs being posted in the "I took delivery/show off your new Ranger" threads where you saw a half dozen nearly-identical Crew Cabs all being posted and with really close vin numbers.

Ahh the 4 door BB 2.3, the holy grail of Broncos... No doubt this will spawn even more ā€œwhat spec will get me my Bronco the quickestā€ threads, but it is what it is.
There will be hundreds of these threads...... And another 40% of that volume in angry threads about cancelling your order or threatening to not take delivery....

Lets put it this way: The dealership employees will love every one of you who refuse delivery as their ADM profit will be fantastic! The ownership and managers won't love it. In the long run, nobody will give one hot damn about who has dogmatic feelings of victimization in this process.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My ideal config is close to that. The only difference is I also want the MIC hardtop.
The way I see it, the BB allows me to get the mid package. The 4 cyl with 270hp isn't anything to sneeze at and is basically the same engine as the Ranger Tremor. It also has plenty of torque for all but the most extreme of off roading.
I wouldn't mind the 6 cyl but it isn't worth the price difference; It's 40 more horses at $1895, that's $47 per HP.
While I rarely pull the right numbers in a lottery, perhaps this time I am close. Time will tell.
Nothing wrong with that build at all. I wasn't poking at the build, I was asking if there was anyone that fit that build exact. You are close.

jlhill16

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So we get black leather interior for the FE but it's late availability. Looks like I will be going to the Badlands instead. <Insert sad face>

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anymore surprises or was it all just confirmation of things we know already?

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anymore surprises or was it all just confirmation of things we know already?
Nothing really surprising, just commodities and the dates that were posted elsewhere, they told us how scheduling will work each month, things like that. The important information was to be emailed to us this afternoon. Just got the first one with the order guides, waiting for one with the allocation info.

Sponsored

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did they mentioned anything about converting reservations that you know are going to be MY22 (ie. Mansquatch, White top, etc)?

From BN:
"Some announced options will not be available until the MY22. Manual Transmission with Sasquatch, body color matched modular hard tops, the white modular hard top, and roof racks on 4-Door Broncos with Sasquatch will all be MY22 options. Additionally, the slide out tailgate on 4-Door Bronco will not be installed at the factory until MY22 (still available as a dealer orderable accessory). If you canā€™t live without one of these options, Ford recommends that you not convert your reservation to an order yet and that you wait for more information to be released this summer. What if you just want to wait until the 2022 model year for all those extra options and new colors? Just let your dealer know and they can take your name down for a MY22 Bronco order. "

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did they mentioned anything about converting reservations that you know are going to be MY22 (ie. Mansquatch, White top, etc)?

From BN:
"Some announced options will not be available until the MY22. Manual Transmission with Sasquatch, body color matched modular hard tops, the white modular hard top, and roof racks on 4-Door Broncos with Sasquatch will all be MY22 options. Additionally, the slide out tailgate on 4-Door Bronco will not be installed at the factory until MY22 (still available as a dealer orderable accessory). If you canā€™t live without one of these options, Ford recommends that you not convert your reservation to an order yet and that you wait for more information to be released this summer. What if you just want to wait until the 2022 model year for all those extra options and new colors? Just let your dealer know and they can take your name down for a MY22 Bronco order. "
The glazed over it without much for details, I believe the reservation will remain for 2022, but they didn't specifically say it so I hope to get more clarification after ordering starts. I've got a lot of questions in this area, same question for orders that order a 21 and don't get it (due to commodities).

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a 0% chance I'll compromise solely for the sake of getting an earlier delivery. Hopefully we'll see some guidance on what they delays look like. I may end up in a Lux after all if waiting for others things adds a few more months.
This^

This is my dream rig and Iā€™m not compromising my build so I can get it a couple months early...

Iā€™m going to order what the hell I want and wait for Ford to knock the shit out of building Broncos...

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the reservation will remain for 2022, but they didn't specifically say it.
I hope it goes down this way. It would make a lot of sense for the reservation to be rolled over to ā€˜22

If they take this approach, Ford should also announce this sooner rather than later so no orders go in that are purposely trying to game the system and be artificially kicked to ā€˜22.

Much better for Ford to control the process and have the most accurate orders for ā€˜21 they can by allowing those that want to defer to ā€˜22 without getting out of line the ability to do so.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is so much to read on so many threads! Itā€™s like Christmas. Also I have work to do. This isnā€™t helping
Sponsored