Sponsored

Nitpicking due to frustration? More comfort and security features should be standard

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have my mirrors set correctly.

It has to do with those times when you're tired or someone is speeding.

That little light doesn't absolve you from turning your head, but it helps.
Sponsored

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I find it worrying that the average price of a new vehicle is knocking on $40K. Personally, I’d rather leave out anything I don’t want/will just turn off in order to get a lower entry price.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Whether it’s standard or an option, if you get it you’re paying for it. I’d rather people have the option of not paying for something they don’t want
What? No. I want it for free.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree that the safety and security features should be standard at this point. Options such as BLIS, rear camera grids, lane keeping, intelligent access, etc. should be standard. The government may very well make them required features on a vehicle before too long. After all, they did it with the backup camera. But as long as manufacturers aren't required to make those features standard, we will continue to pay hefty sums for them.

If the government, or manufacturers make feature like BLIS or lane keeping standard I won't be purchasing new cars anymore. I want to drive my vehicle, not have it drive me. I think THOSE should be options & NOT forced upon people. There are people who just want a vehicle & not all the tech.

Sponsored

Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just wondering, what are the safety features that are options in these things? Ive never really been one to look at those things so I am curious.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the government, or manufacturers make feature like BLIS or lane keeping standard I won't be purchasing new cars anymore. I want to drive my vehicle, not have it drive me. I think THOSE should be options & NOT forced upon people. There are people who just want a vehicle & not all the tech.
You realize you can turn off those features with either buttons on the steering column or in the options on the driver instrument cluster? If you don't want to use those features, you don't have to so it would be a win win for everyone. The only issue would be we would still be paying for them indirectly as the base costs for a vehicle would go up. That's really the only downside to having the new safety features as standard equipment. I personally wouldn't use them just like you, but most nowadays want those features.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I turn them off in our work Ford Fusion (company car), they stay off until you turn them back on.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I said this in another thread that was similar. My only real gripe is things that were standard on my 29k mazda either aren't standard or optional on my desired bronco till you pass 45k.and i get it they are totally different vehicles but still... guess it's just sticker shock

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Grumpy Gen X here. I learned to drive on 1960s and 70s rust buckets.

Backup camera is nifty AF, and I love me some antilock brakes in the snow.

But all that lane departure, Blind spot, auto-brake stuff is because y’all Millennials and Gen Z’s refuse to get your face out of the touch screen and just drive.

look up, slow down, stop texting, and drive the Fn car. It ain’t hard.

Now try keeping it in your Fn lane on the curves. Slow down a bit and drive it like a sensible simian instead of the poop sniffing chimpanzees that so many of you are. This ain’t PlayStation out here, there’s no power ups and replays.

/RantOff

Sponsored

j50gt

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford has been doing this for years now, "pay to pay to play", and honestly it drove me away from Ford for the past 10 years. For my needs, I don't certainly don't need the things the High or Lux packages offers but I can see how many others would want them. It's flat out obnoxious that you have to drop at least $40k just for the opportunity of paying extra for the High package when I can get a very nicely optioned Ranger for thousands less (and get things like adaptive cruise a la carte).

Deleted member 14617

But all that lane departure, Blind spot, auto-brake stuff is because y’all Millennials and Gen Z’s refuse to get your face out of the touch screen and just drive.

Now try keeping it in your Fn lane on the curves. Slow down a bit and drive it like a sensible simian instead of the poop sniffing chimpanzees that so many of you are. This ain’t PlayStation out here, there’s no power ups and replays.

/RantOff
I want some of these features BECAUSE I am Gen X. Aging just hasn't improved the physical me as much as you might think... Too much rugby in my 20's? Or just the joy of being 54?

I am wondering how many of them are easy to add later. I was searching for threads on that but couldn't find one. Any ideas on blind spot and auto-brake? Do you have to buy them and install them (bolt them on, hook up connectors), or is it a real mod where you have to cut metal and splice wires?

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Plus car makers then charge extra for vehicles for something like a base model cause, ".... we added more standard features".

Yay ??

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’d really like to see the rear cross traffic alert be standard. Just imagine trying to back out of a parking spot in your two door bronco when you are parked between two suburbans and can’t see anything. BLIS should also be standard. Not that I need it, I can use my mirrors just fine, but it would keep me safer if all the other people who don’t know how to use their mirrors have it.

id probably be ok with the rest of the safety equipment being a part of some sort of safety package.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

/RantOff
Seeing my dad, in his late 60s, drive nowadays I'm glad when he bought a car with all the safety bells and whistles. He's certainly not the driver he once was.

I'm just barely a millennial. 35. Did you know that millennials, now can be 40? I don't text and drive. I'm not the young texter you seem to think is the issue.

Everyone could benefit from these systems. It's in the stats.

They're annoying and I don't like them either but I don't kid myself and think that I'm superior and won't benefit from them.

Don't kid yourself that I don't see some grey-hair drifting out of their lane either. Everyone can suck at driving.
Sponsored