Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are the Ultimate Dana 44s from Spicer available now?

This video at the 1 minute mark make's it sound like the carrier won't work with the stock M210, but the Nitro gear site suggests it does. Hmmm.

Last edited:

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking for users that have installed and used the 5.29 Nitro Gear and Axle Re-gear set. Looking for feedback on this set up to see what issues if any people have had.

https://www.nitro-gear.com/2021-Ford-Bronco-p/gpbronco-529-el.htm
I was really interested in these, but was unsure because from what I had heard you can not get any more than a 4.7 gear in the M210 FDU case which was one of the main catalysts for Dana putting out the D44 Ultimate FDU. I would be really stoked to find out that ain't the case though as I would love some more gear. I have the 2.3 manual with 37s and the old girl is definitely working to turn those johns.

OP
OP
Leesnell91

Leesnell91

Black Diamond
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond Advanced 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was really interested in these, but was unsure because from what I had heard you can not get any more than a 4.7 gear in the M210 FDU case which was one of the main catalysts for Dana putting out the D44 Ultimate FDU. I would be really stoked to find out that ain't the case though as I would love some more gear. I have the 2.3 manual with 37s and the old girl is definitely working to turn those johns.
I’ve heard the same that’s the reason behind my inquiry here. I have the auto trans so it’s not as bad but still would be nice if I go to 40’s

seawithin

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored
OP
OP
Leesnell91

Leesnell91

Black Diamond
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

seawithin

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you ever end up with the 5.29? I’m in the same spot right now where I can’t find anyone who installed them.
Hey just a heads up. I am getting my Bronco re-geared using Yukon products. They have identified that 4.88 is what is needed for 37's to drive like a stock bronco. You don't even have to have the M210 front and their package enables you to have E-front and E-back lockers for a couple hundred bucks more. This may already be a part of your build, but this gearing setup isn't discussed on this forum.

OP
OP
Leesnell91

Leesnell91

Black Diamond
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey just a heads up. I am getting my Bronco re-geared using Yukon products. They have identified that 4.88 is what is needed for 37's to drive like a stock bronco. You don't even have to have the M210 front and their package enables you to have E-front and E-back lockers for a couple hundred bucks more. This may already be a part of your build, but this gearing setup isn't discussed on this forum.
Let me know how that goes and the part number(s).
I used the website but it’s pulls up nothing for use with the M210 front differential

seawithin

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let me know how that goes and the part number(s).
I used the website but it’s pulls up nothing for use with the M210 front differential
Ah, I have the m190 and was thinking I would need to buy the m210 but found this solution instead. I will post the parts needed to this thread once I get the invoice as maybe it can be used with the m210 as well.

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are the Ultimate Dana 44s from Spicer available now?

This video at the 1 minute mark make's it sound like the carrier won't work with the stock M210, but the Nitro gear site suggests it does. Hmmm.

I've been investigating this recently because I just bought a factory M210 FDU and M220 to drop into my Base and I want to re-gear them before I do. I've also heard the "rumor" that nothing numerically taller than 4.70 fits. I've read that "someone heard" that you have to grind the inside of the housing to fit the thicker gears. But this is the first time I've seen the Spicer guy address it, here in this video you linked to. Curiously, he specifically says it "won't fit on the carrier". To me that blames the carrier (i.e. the locker/diff/carrier itself), not the housing. That sort of confuses the issue. Then there's the caveat that here's a guy trying to sell expensive aftermarket housings, so his interest in the matter is a bit conflicted. I can't find any other first-hand testimony anywhere on the internet from someone who tried to install taller gears and they physically wouldn't fit.

So far I've seen the Nitro gears (only in 5.29, curiously) and the Yukon gears (all the standard ratios, 4.88, 5.13, 5.38, etc.) with specific part numbers designated specifically for the Bronco M210. Most gear manufacturers already list gears for the Jeep version M210, but these Bronco-specific ones carry their own part number so that makes me believe they must have been specifically engineered for that application. Surely each of them have sold "some" of those kits so far, so there should be some negative reviews on the retailers' sites if guys were having problems fitting them up. But I've seen no such negative reviews, for either the Nitro or the Yukon.

I know the guys up at Yukon so I've sent a message for some confirmation or reassurance on this. I'm specifically looking at doing 5.13's as according to the Grimmreaper calculator that looks optimal for my Base with 7-speed on 37s. I'll let you guys know if I find out anything new.

@seawithin I'd be interested to hear whether you ever received and installed yours. Not sure why you bothered to load up an M190, but even though your experience won't translate to the M210 I'm working on I'm still curious to know how it turned out.

seawithin

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey there,

First off, I’m not a gear head, so sorry if this is no help. The truck drives great, and is incredibly peppy on the trails/city. You can tell the 4.88 is not a fan of freeway driving so I’m glad I didn’t go any lower.

the m190 and m210 have whichever gears you purchased welded in. You can’t change the gears on the m190 or m210. I know this because I sold my front a rear housing’s back to the dealer.

I have seen the video you posted, and I believe Dana is correct that if you somehow broke into the metal housing and put new gears in they would not fit.

Sorry again if I’m missing some critical context, but as for re-gearing, it was a great choice. My friend has 37’s on 4.7 and you can tell the difference.
Sponsored