Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX; Tesla M3; BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So what happened to scheduling last week? Asking only because Tim Bartz on his YouTube cast said last night "no scheduling this week" (looks to be correct) but last week said they were scheduling last week. Sure he could have been wrong about last week but his info is generally on point.

...and the disappointment train woefully chugs on...

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So what happened to scheduling last week? Asking only because Tim Bartz on his YouTube cast said last night "no scheduling this week" (looks to be correct) but last week said they were scheduling last week. Sure he could have been wrong about last week but his info is generally on point.

The last minute cancellation with no explanation happens frequently. Tim wasn’t wrong that it was supposed to be scheduled- Ford just didn’t schedule.

The good news is, a lack of scheduling doesn’t actually have an impact on production volume since scheduling weeks are already into February. Those weeks will still get scheduled and based on supply chain availability, will be booked to full capacity.

In the meantime, not knowing where we stand in line, if our order is going to get pulled and a lack of any meaningful communication from @Ford remains frustrating.

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
someday. it has to happen someday.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Usually they schedule 2-3 times per scheduling period (roughly a month). First week is the "big" scheduling, that's when we see most people get their build dates. The second/third week is just cleanup scheduling to fill out the production schedule. Typically that's when stock order or overseas-bound orders get scheduled (Bronco is sold overseas in the Middle East), but occasionally you'll see a few people get build dates.

Epenney

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's crazy to me that @Ford doesn't have a simple AI to schedule builds based off of whatever priorities they set. Instead, they are like "hey Nancy let's fire up the commodore 64 and build us another truck!" it's really NOT that difficult. People are happy to get their Bronco but as far as ever ordering another Ford, they probably will think twice.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's crazy to me that @Ford doesn't have a simple AI to schedule builds based off of whatever priorities they set. Instead, they are like "hey Nancy let's fire up the commodore 64 and build us another truck!" it's really NOT that difficult. People are happy to get their Bronco but as far as ever ordering another Ford, they probably will think twice.
They do, scheduling is all driven by algorithms and AI.

But most of the inputs into the system are manual and influenced by humans/nature, so it isn't perfect. For example, the Sasquatch wheels are sourced from China. The factory in China could be delivering 100,000 units a month, and suddenly it gets shut down by the local Chinese government due to Covid. Or Russia could invade Ukraine, which is (was, I guess) one of the largest neon producers in the world. That impacts semiconductor production for automobile chips in Japan. Or it could be more common events... like a giant snowstorm hitting the midwest and delaying rail/truck shipments to the factory.

Any number of things could happen that could impact scheduling. The algorithms are setup to have enough buffer to avoid the common "noise floor" interruptions, but lately that noise floor has been very noisy.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They do, scheduling is all driven by algorithms and AI.

But most of the inputs into the system are manual and influenced by humans/nature, so it isn't perfect. For example, the Sasquatch wheels are sourced from China. The factory in China could be delivering 100,000 units a month, and suddenly it gets shut down by the local Chinese government due to Covid. Or Russia could invade Ukraine, which is (was, I guess) one of the largest neon producers in the world. That impacts semiconductor production for automobile chips in Japan. Or it could be more common events... like a giant snowstorm hitting the midwest and delaying rail/truck shipments to the factory.

Any number of things could happen that could impact scheduling. The algorithms are setup to have enough buffer to avoid the common "noise floor" interruptions, but lately that noise floor has been very noisy.
I was just coming to 'complain' and stir the pot about this very thing, and behold... @RagnarKon beat me with the logical answer. Shucks...

Darn reading the whole thread before spewing stuff on this website... Zero fun.

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The last minute cancellation with no explanation happens frequently. Tim wasn’t wrong that it was supposed to be scheduled- Ford just didn’t schedule.

The good news is, a lack of scheduling doesn’t actually have an impact on production volume since scheduling weeks are already into February. Those weeks will still get scheduled and based on supply chain availability, will be booked to full capacity.

In the meantime, not knowing where we stand in line, if our order is going to get pulled and a lack of any meaningful communication from @Ford remains frustrating.
Got it, and didn't mean to imply that Tim was wrong as much as I am confused, which pretty much afflicts all of us as it comes to Bronco ordering, scheduling, allocations, delivery...most everything Ford. Which you address so effectively in your last point.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just coming to 'complain' and stir the pot about this very thing, and behold... @RagnarKon beat me with the logical answer. Shucks...

Darn reading the whole thread before spewing stuff on this website... Zero fun.
Ah damn, I ruined the fun. My bad. :p

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Does it really matter right now anyway?

There are MY23 units fully built with no holds last month, which haven't shipped yet.

Looks like MY23 has started off with another massive turd.

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does it really matter right now anyway?

There are MY23 units fully built with no holds last month, which haven't shipped yet.

Looks like MY23 has started off with another massive turd.
I just want to get scheduled so that I can move up one level in Ford hell to built, on hold. Then to “where is my Bronco” followed by “dealer surprise”*

*Part II for me

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
^^ same.