Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's a no no and not allowed.
It's technically allowed if he has a never used reservation from before they stopped taking reservations.

But, its far more likely his dealer lied to him, and will put the actual order in in December or whenever Ford actually opens up general orders.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If enough dealers drag their feet, purposely or through ignorance, you may find your build's parts are available because many others aren't yet converted. Depending on how many dealers wait to convert until the last day so they can get dealer stock, you may get scheduled sooner just because those orders are not "in line to be built" until converted.

Do you have any commodity issues with your order?
Does not change the fact that Ford has NOT prioritize reservation over allocation, and appears unlikely to do so now. So I bet, Granger, which is quickly putting in their orders will NOT get any extra Broncos for their reservation holders.

Ford appears to prefer to screw reservation holders. We'll find out soon whether or not Ford is serious about building Broncos for reservation holders or just continuing with business as usual.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does not change the fact that Ford has NOT prioritize reservation over allocation, and appears unlikely to do so now. So I bet, Granger, which is quickly putting in their orders will NOT get any extra Broncos for their reservation holders.

Ford appears to prefer to screw reservation holders. We'll find out soon whether or not Ford is serious about building Broncos for reservation holders or just continuing with business as usual.
We need a petition and more media coverage to make reservation over allocation happen

cmb396

Wildtrak
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JTR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone successfully ordered a 23 yet?
I have a deposit on one, and was told I cannot order until atleast October, and won't know until Oct if we can even order then?!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

cmb396

Wildtrak
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JTR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What I wrote above was referring to a majority of dealers with average orders to allotment, sorry I didn't notice that you were a Granger order.

I'm sorry your reservation at Granger and whole allotment system is so messed up and I understand your argument(s) and feelings. AND due to when you reserved it wasn't your fault that Ford changed the rules, I agree with you on all of that.

I looked very carefully at ordering from Granger (it would have been my 2nd car purchased where I picked up from a state far away) and almost pulled the trigger (was selected) but had a feeling that if the deal is so good to attract more reservations then the total number of annual sales to date that dealer average in the past, that I needed to be aware of that and paused for a moment to think about it, before changing to a local dealer I felt would honor MSRP.

Being both familiar with dealer allocations and the big dealers lobbing power (I was a dealership flooring auditor for the banks and Ford was one of our clients) and being late to the party gave me insight that you couldn't of had. I was fortunate in two things you could not have foreseen.

I saw the number of reservations Granger was getting and the math was that Ford was going to have to send a truck load of Broncos 5 days a week for 50 weeks a year to keep up with Grangers orders. And Granger would need the space and personal to PDI and deliver 8-10 daily, it could happen, but I wasn't going to count on it.

And secondly, before Ford changed it back to allocations, I figured, from my experience as an auditor that reservations first wasn't going to happen once the big guys started losing their normal allocation to Granger and SAS and...

They have 100s of customers too, and the infrastructure and employees to move 2,000 units per month.

Hindsight and information basically save me from getting stuck in the same long line, not being smarter or better, just timing.

Last edited:

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We need a petition and more media coverage to make reservation over allocation happen
I understand they returned the $100 deposit to all existing 2020 reservation holders so thus Ford is basically just extending a courtesy to us still waiting. Can’t really shame them or cancel them so a petition or using the media would be futile. Their share price is in the garbage much like the overall whole market so their focus is not losing another billion. Imo.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JohnieB

Outer Banks
First Name
Johnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks - 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can someone explain "Priority" code?? I understand the "PC99" code. Called the dealer last week and converted my order from MY22 to MY23...but I've seen posts saying it's a 10-19. What does 10 mean compared to a 19??? Thanks.

Sponsored

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What??! I never got mine back
I got no indication I received mine until I went to drop the tow package from my build and asked the dealer to give me a new PO to only learn I didnt have a PO. So while discussing that I brought up the $100 dep and $500 dep paid to my dealer and that’s when I learned that Ford refunded my $100 at the beginning of the year. I had already closed that credit card and had to go thru much effort to get proof on my end. Who just refund’s a customer’s money with no communication to the customer about the process? Ford, that’s who.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can someone explain "Priority" code?? I understand the "PC99" code. Called the dealer last week and converted my order from MY22 to MY23...but I've seen posts saying it's a 10-19. What does 10 mean compared to a 19??? Thanks.
lower is better.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand they returned the $100 deposit to all existing 2020 reservation holders
That didn't happen.

Ford refunded my $100 at the beginning of the year.
That's surprising since the dealerships are the ones who collected the $100 reservation fee, not Ford.

JohnieB

Outer Banks
First Name
Johnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks - 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
lower is better.
IThanks. I've read some say it matters...others say with Broncos it doesn't. I assumed it mattered...but this is not the normal ordering process so who knows.
Sponsored