Sponsored

No or low air flow out of vents (even on high)

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have zero squeaks or misalignment- was concerned like you. They did a good job.

As for diagnosis, they originally told me
It was operating normally. I told them to go back and check it again and to compare it with another new Bronco on the lot. They did and then acknowledged there was a problem.
Sponsored

Buddahjoe

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wait your floor heat works fine?

Can you set it to floor only and get lots of output from the floor and none from the defrost?

My dash vents work fine, but if I do floor only it's 10% floor 90% defrost.
My 22 wildtrak has been at ford for 1 month for that exact reason! Floor only setting,no panel,no defrost,only Floor setting i get 10% floor and 90% out of the side driver and passenger door defrost vents. None out of the front windshield defrost vents only side vents. On only floor setting i should only get flow from the floor vents. I get no flow at all to the rear seats whatsoever. Ford called and said it was all fixed today,picked it up and was exactly the same. So its still there.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 22 wildtrak has been at ford for 1 month for that exact reason! Floor only setting,no panel,no defrost,only Floor setting i get 10% floor and 90% out of the side driver and passenger door defrost vents. None out of the front windshield defrost vents only side vents. On only floor setting i should only get flow from the floor vents. I get no flow at all to the rear seats whatsoever. Ford called and said it was all fixed today,picked it up and was exactly the same. So its still there.
My dealership said that's "normal" and can't be changed. I think that's BS, what car can't just do floor heat!?

cricketeggs

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2020 Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dealer. Here's a picture of my repair receipt showing part numbers and dealer findings. Hopefully it will help you out when dealing with your dealer. They did damage my two speaker covers in the dash when doing this job so look everything over really carefully when you get your bronco back.

16965583157198587920277116127977.jpg

Buddahjoe

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealership said that's "normal" and can't be changed. I think that's BS, what car can't just do floor heat!?
They had the whole dash apart and replaced the
They had the whole dash apart and replaced the blend door. It didn't change anything. The one mechanic said it could be actuators in the pillars for the side window defrost not working correctly. They will call me today with more info. I just can't see how this is normal. My 05 f-150 when on floor setting only came out of floor! This can't be right.

Sponsored

cricketeggs

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They had the whole dash apart and replaced the

They had the whole dash apart and replaced the blend door. It didn't change anything. The one mechanic said it could be actuators in the pillars for the side window defrost not working correctly. They will call me today with more info. I just can't see how this is normal. My 05 f-150 when on floor setting only came out of floor! This can't be right.
Yeah that doesn't sound right at all. After the repair ours blows through floor only if that's what we select. Same with defroster or panel. And any combination in between. It should blow from wherever you have selected and nowhere else if it's working properly.

Joe

cricketeggs

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah that doesn't sound right at all. After the repair ours blows through floor only if that's what we select. Same with defroster or panel. And any combination in between. It should blow from wherever you have selected and nowhere else if it's working properly.

Joe
Ask the service manager to get the keys to a new inventory bronco and y'all go check out the AC in that one together. I guarantee they'll see the difference.

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here with you OP. If I have it set for defrost there is a small amount of air up on the dash but the blowers are on high. If you add foot to the defrost you get a small amount. If you have it on defrost and add the cabin vents you get nothing out of those.

Buddahjoe

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Joe
So you had yours in for the same issue? They tried telling me thats how it is and I argued with them. Im glad to hear from someone who has theirs working the way it should. It gives me hope they can fix mine!

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How long did this repair take? I get about 50% defrost and 50% floor when I have floor only selected and barely anything is coming out of the vents under the seat blowing to the back

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ask the service manager to get the keys to a new inventory bronco and y'all go check out the AC in that one together. I guarantee they'll see the difference.
They "said" they tried some other broncos and when set to floor it always came out of defrost more than floor.

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just made an appointment with my dealer to have it looked at on Monday. Hoping for quick resolution

Buddahjoe

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How long did this repair take? I get about 50% defrost and 50% floor when I have floor only selected and barely anything is coming out of the vents under the seat blowing to the back
I took mine in September 11th and just went to pick it up yesterday. It took a month and it is still exactly the same as when I took it in. They are supposed to be looking more into it today and call me.

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I took mine in September 11th and just went to pick it up yesterday. It took a month and it is still exactly the same as when I took it in. They are supposed to be looking more into it today and call me.
Why did you let them keep it for so long? You should have taken it back and had it while they ordered the parts and then brought it back once the parts were in

Buddahjoe

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why did you let them keep it for so long? You should have taken it back and had it while they ordered the parts and then brought it back once the parts were in
They gave me a rental so it really didn't matter to me how long they had it but its a big job. Whole dash and basically whole front section taken out to get to everything. I just wanted it to be right when I got it back and its not. They had the part,just took that long.
Sponsored