swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Strange, confirms related posts about some of the hype dying down, including the accompanying sharp drop in speculators.

Last one there sold for $94.5k.

Is the cars.com or Dealer market providing lower prices? There is certainly a high volume on cars.com as discussed here (now up to 226 Braptors - obviously not all are actually for sale).

Screenshot_20230618-180112.png
Sponsored

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I found a used HPR 2022 with 4k miles, LUX, Leather and few others. MSRP was around 80k, they were asking 89k. They wouldn't budge, and sold it a few days later. Broncos in general seem down on BAT, I was surprised at the price of the last two First Editions sold on there, barely above or at MSRP. It's difficult to determine if the price of new Braptors is floating around 100-110k because of the increase in interest rates or production (or both?). Either way, used 22s can be found between 90-95k. There has also been an increase in private sellers on Autotrader, which leads me to believe that dealerships are no longer offering significant amounts over MSRP in some areas.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There has also been an increase in private sellers on Autotrader, which leads me to believe that dealerships are no longer offering significant amounts over MSRP in some areas.
Thanks, can you clarify this? I'm not quite sure what you mean.

johntesi

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, can you clarify this? I'm not quite sure what you mean.
I believe they are saying dealers aren't offering hugely marked up "trade in values" to people who own Braptors and want to flip them to dealerships.

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Keep in mind that BaT at last check is also backed up right now. They smartly throttle how many vehicles are on there to keep the listings from being over saturated with too many vehicles. My guess is that with the fever dying down a bit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Keep in mind that BaT at last check is also backed up right now. They smartly throttle how many vehicles are on there to keep the listings from being over saturated with too many vehicles. My guess is that with the fever dying down a bit.
They are a for-profit business. You think they turn away additional clients when they have many clients?

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are a for-profit business. You think they turn away additional clients when they have many clients?
Absolutely. BaT doesn’t get paid if vehicle’s don’t sell (other than the minimal listing fee). They are asking sellers to offer extremely low Reserves, and if they don’t go low enough they don’t get listed.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Finally one sole Raptor back on BaT, that was right about 2 full months with none there. Odd, can't quite figure it out. Has supply or demand gone soft? Dealer ADMs do not seem to reflect soft demand nor large supply.

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Finally one sole Raptor back on BaT, that was right about 2 full months with none there. Odd, can't quite figure it out. Has supply or demand gone soft? Dealer ADMs do not seem to reflect soft demand nor large supply.
My understanding from BAT is if someone puts in a reserve price that is too high for where they think the vehicle will sell, they will deny the application to sell on their website. Based upon a few of the last Braptors on their site selling for significantly less then dealership prices, I am assuming they have been denying a few vehicles. I am watching this one as well; I am curious about the reserve/sell price.

EDIT*
Just read two posts above saying the same thing. :/

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While the raptor crowd is worried about the resale market, regular Bronco owners are out enjoying DRIVING ours and are glad we finally got them!

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
While the raptor crowd is worried about the resale market, regular Bronco owners are out enjoying DRIVING ours and are glad we finally got them!
I think a portion of the Raptor crowd are out enjoying their trucks with a heck of a lot of shit eatin' grins. I strongly suspect those who are not in this category are those much more concerned with resale values.

Me? I'm just worried about large price protections expiring before I get an allocation...

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think a portion of the Raptor crowd are out enjoying their trucks with a heck of a lot of shit eatin' grins. I strongly suspect those who are not in this category are those much more concerned with resale values.

Me? I'm just worried about large price protections expiring before I get an allocation...
Dude, every time the Allocation thread gets bumped, I click on it hoping to see that you’ve been picked. I know how much you want this thing and appreciate how much you have contributed to this forum. Hang in there.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Dude, every time the Allocation thread gets bumped, I click on it hoping to see that you’ve been picked. I know how much you want this thing and appreciate how much you have contributed to this forum. Hang in there.
Thanks bud, that's very thoughtful of ya đź‘Š. My dealer said likely this month, but trying not to get too excited.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Latest one just sold, $111k. Ugh. I really would care so much about the market price if I was an owner... I'd not be thinking about selling/flipping/an "investment".

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Latest one just sold, $111k. Ugh. I really would care so much about the market price if I was an owner... I'd not be thinking about selling/flipping/an "investment".
I was pretty disheartened myself. Makes it even more difficult to buy a used one.
Sponsored