Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder what Baja exactly does in this vehicle. Baja in the Raptor turns off abs, traction, keeps the turbos spooled and etc. Not exactly ideal for most street drivers.

Ford Bronco No sport mode for the Badlands? 9DD08BC4-8D07-48CC-8B8E-33FBCB88E955
Sponsored

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s cool. In a Mustang MachE you can drive the car with only battery power.

Im just being silly, but yes other models have other features. Without knowing for sure, we shouldnā€™t assume and give people answers that might not be true.
Weā€™ll have to wait and see.
Sure nothing is for certain but it's pretty clear Ford lifted the Raptor system and put it in Bronco.

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s cool. In a Mustang MachE you can drive the car with only battery power.

Im just being silly, but yes other models have other features. Without knowing for sure, we shouldnā€™t assume and give people answers that might not be true.
Weā€™ll have to wait and see.
The Mach E is pretty quick in all electric mode.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

4H sport mode in the 3.5 is a riot stop light racing just saying.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Meh, no sport mode.

But we do get trail turn assist and lockers which should be fun for snowy shenanigans.

Sport mode is useful (read necessary) in my wife's NA 2.5L Mazda CX-5. It's makes 185 hp and weighs about 4000 lbs wet. Don't think I'll find it necessary in a 310 hp 4500lb machine.

Sponsored

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not interested in sport mode on a Bronco. Just like my Subaru Crosstrek has sport mode and paddle shifters. Talk about useless! Paddle shifters on a 150hp car with a CV transmission?? On the other hand I love sport and sport+ modes on my 911. On that car it makes a big difference and I use them all the time. Sport+ is a riot on back roads.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I want to slam the pedal in my f150 Ecoboots, I use 4H anyway. Less slip and more grip.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Badlands is very specifically their OFF-ROAD trim. I get it, 90% of them will be on road drivers and I wish it had it too, but I understand why it was skipped to add another mode.
So the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk is Jeepā€™s ā€œmost offroad capableā€ grand cherokee and yet it has sport mode.

Not to mention Fordā€™s ā€œmost offroad capableā€ F150 has the sport mode in the Raptor.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s got Baja mode instead which is the same but locks the locker. Just disable the locker after popping it into Baja and rip it.
How is Baja mode the same when it puts you in 4High? You dont want to be in 4High on dry pavement.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just have no idea where sport mode works with a Bronco. Theres nothing you're doing on pavement thats going to be remotely impressive other than look pretty

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my dad's F-150 with the 3.5L, I only use Sport Mode when I need to pass on a two lane road or I am bored and screwing around. I am used to my Jeep and that is not built for speed so I am not expecting my Bronco to be either. I am excited to have the 2.7L though, and if I really need to pass someone then I guess I could "manually" shift using the buttons on the shifter to hold gears longer.

For my uses, Sport Mode is not important. Badlands does it all for me and I am pumped to get out to the dunes and try Baja Mode.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
go test drive a raptor and select sport mode and see whether or not it is useful on a real truck.

it is not like it would turn into a Ferrari with sport mode...it is still a 4x4 brick. I get it but I think Baja would be more useful over sport on a truck.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
go test drive a raptor and select sport mode and see whether or not it is useful on a real truck.
I use it all the time in my Ranger. It's no Ferrari but it changes the shift points where it pulls hard. It's also nice going up or down steep hills. You can control the tranny for being in to high a gear and lugging which the 10 speed tends to do.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesnā€™t the manual buttons hold the rpm longer for you (as long as you want) so you can simulate sport mode? What am I missing?

I would think Baja is more useful where I want more hands on the wheel

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Besides, I cant think of one trail Ive been on in CO where Baja mode would come in handy. Now the rock crawl is completely different and will get its use.

But for those skeptics about the use of Sport Mode, like others have said about the 3.5EB (whether that be a raptor or a regular supercrew f150 w/ the 3.5EB) go ride in one and youā€™d be surprised how quick it is weighing 5700lbs (and thats with a full 36gal fuel tank). I estimate my Bronco will weigh in around 5200-5300lbs and with the 2.7 it should still get up and go. Maybe not as well as my 3.5 in the truck but close.
Sponsored