Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone tell me more...?? I am assuming removing the Cats would void warranty, but it makes since..

Now upgrading the airbox wouldn't void warranty, right? Would I really get more of the sounds of the turbos and wastegate? The wastegate term is new to me, but I like hearing my BL might have it.. This would increase engine response and MPG right?
Generally speaking, if you get a tune that is not from Ford, it will void the drivetrain warranty. If you remove the cats you'll need a tune anyway. And depending on the state you live in, you'll fail emissions if you remove them. Of course you could always swap out the exhaust for inspection and put it back when done. Cats also make the exhaust quieter. The turbos will spool faster without them and hold boost better to redline.

Ford Performance will have a cold air intake system you get can that will not void any warranty. I have seen people get better MPG off an aftermarket tune. However, if you're getting a tune you're usually also getting more power and torque which will not merit more MPG. Especially when you want to put your foot in it more.
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking the same thing. I would really like sport mode that's in the wildtrak, something I would use way more often then Rock crawl mode. At the same time I would also want the aux switches, rubber floors and vinyl seats in the badlands.

Also the bronco doesn't come with paddle shifters. Theres a +/- button on the side of the gear lever which I do not like at all. It's one thing to not have paddle shifters but another to have manual shifting in a tiny button. This makes the sport mode even more crucial to have imho.

Here are the paddle shifter I believe

Ford Bronco Sport mode causing me to switch from badlands to wildtrak IMG_2315

ToddReynolds

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor, 2023 Badlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right here.
Ford Bronco Sport mode causing me to switch from badlands to wildtrak IMG_2315
Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s an off-road ā€œSportā€ mode, and doesnā€™t take the place of an on-road one such as is in my 2013 Escape.
I think Baja is off road sport

FTFRS

Definitely good to know itā€™s as simple as selecting 2WD after selecting Baja mode; omission of Sport mode was one big reason I started looking at BD over BL. So BL is back on the table options-wise for me, now we just need B&P to see if itā€™s on the table price-wise.

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have sport mode on my f150 3.5 i dont use it. its a strategy that reflects a more aggressive tune feel and shift, the shift part on the 10 speed is wonky with the 10 speed you can manually select out gears anyways which kinda does the same thing. I would rather have the other GOAT modes.
Ditto. I have the 3.5 and donā€™t use it either. I suppose if I was off-road gettin it I probable would but thats what the Baja mode is for.

Sponsored

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ditto. I have the 3.5 and donā€™t use it either. I suppose if I was off-road gettin it I probable would but thats what the Baja mode is for.
Every single time I get in my 3.5 I shift to Sport. Way more responsive and I see a better mpg. I have friend that does the same thing. I am hoping Baja is similar to Sport.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pardon my ignorance, never had a vehicle with a dial for modes, is it strictly a software thing where with a tuner you could swap a mode you'd never use coughcoughECOcoughcough and make that become Sport?

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on what we know many of us cannot configure our ideal Bronco. This is not a knock on Ford. The options are excellent. Just wish we had more flexibility to configure the options.

i had planned on the badlands version and then optioning it out to be similar to F/E which I could not reserve.

Ideally I would like the marine vinyl/rubber floors combined with the sport track mode. That doesnā€™t appear to be an option as of this moment.

To get Sport mode I need to get the wildtrack version. The more I read about sport mode 2.7 eco boost, many say sport mode is a must have option. I donā€™t want the tranny constantly swapping to the highest gear to maximize mpg. Reminds me of when I had a friend that but a new in 2019 Camaro SS with 425hp. Once he got on the interstate the cylinder deactivation would kick in and it went Into limp mode.

Am I the only one that thinks that sport mode is that big of a deal to cause them to change their trim level.
Ok, I'm late to the party, but. Please let me know if this correct. The Wildtrack is a 10spd with sport mode. The Badlands is the 7man/Crawler. So if you have the 10spd its Sport mode no crawler. If you have the 7spd with crawler but no sport. So choose your Trany!!

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on what we know many of us cannot configure our ideal Bronco. This is not a knock on Ford. The options are excellent. Just wish we had more flexibility to configure the options.

i had planned on the badlands version and then optioning it out to be similar to F/E which I could not reserve.

Ideally I would like the marine vinyl/rubber floors combined with the sport track mode. That doesnā€™t appear to be an option as of this moment.

To get Sport mode I need to get the wildtrack version. The more I read about sport mode 2.7 eco boost, many say sport mode is a must have option. I donā€™t want the tranny constantly swapping to the highest gear to maximize mpg. Reminds me of when I had a friend that but a new in 2019 Camaro SS with 425hp. Once he got on the interstate the cylinder deactivation would kick in and it went Into limp mode.

Am I the only one that thinks that sport mode is that big of a deal to cause them to change their trim level.
I think what you are talking about exists in the goat system. Goat modes, it will adjust shifting and throttle response, among others.

Sponsored

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think what you are talking about exists in the goat system. Goat modes, it will adjust shifting and throttle response, among others.
Yes correct but the question was how do you get sport mode here in sport mode only comes in the 10 speed transmission which then you forgo the crawler gear

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLUR, ā€˜19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Baja mode is anything like my Raptor I will be fine not having a sport mode. Baja mode makes sport mode seem like a joke anyway once you get on the gas. Either way I think if you really want sport mode get the wild track but I think everyone will be more than happy with how Baja mode performs.

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think switching to a Squached Black Diamond is a better choice than Wildtrack. Still comes with the MGV and wash out floors and sport mode.

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If itā€™s anything like the Raptorā€˜a modes, just switch to Baja and then transfer case back to 2WD and youā€™ll have Sport mode on major steroids.
Will it really keep the other settings and let you change out of 4WD?

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking the same thing. I would really like sport mode that's in the wildtrak, something I would use way more often then Rock crawl mode. At the same time I would also want the aux switches, rubber floors and vinyl seats in the badlands.

Also the bronco doesn't come with paddle shifters. Theres a +/- button on the side of the gear lever which I do not like at all. It's one thing to not have paddle shifters but another to have manual shifting in a tiny button. This makes the sport mode even more crucial to have imho.
Aux switches are in wildtrak too
Sponsored